Hawks coaches at Washington Pro day

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I think if anything it has to do with location. A 30min drive and you get to see a pro day.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Maybe, I think they'd probably offer Safety Sean Parker an UDFA contract after the draft.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Talent-wise, there has to be interest in ASJ, but who knows how they feel about his alleged attitude problems. I would think with Pete and John's connections, they should have enough information on what kind of person ASJ is and grade him accordingly.

They won't be there for Sankey who I think is drafted no later than the 2nd round, but I wish they were. I love watching him play. Such a scrapper.

Keith Price, maybe they bring in for a camp arm, but personally I think he's just not an NFL talent.

I imagine part of them showing up is to show support for the local kids and the University of Washington, which is a pride of Seattle as well. It's got to be a big honor to have the Superbowl champion coaching staff show up to a Pro Day and would also help build a connection with the Huskies new coaching staff.

Throwdown":2aatdncc said:
Maybe, I think they'd probably offer Safety Sean Parker an UDFA contract after the draft.

Cool thanks for sharing. I was wondering what UDFA they might bring in from UW. It worked well with Kearse. Is Parker a free safety or strong safety?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I heard Parker was the one who stood out. Location helps. As well as no stone left unturned. I heard Snead and a couple other players were there as well.

kearly

Reaction score
As said a few times, Parker is the guy of that bunch who's most likely to end up a Seahawk. Just a really solid, under-rated player who would fit in very nicely to replace Jeron Johnson after next season.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Rang said Parker had a disappointing pro day:

Unfortunately, the news wasn't so good for another former Husky. Safety Sean Parker measured in smaller than his listed size of 5-10, 197 pounds, coming in officially at 5-09 (3/4) and 190 pounds. He also ran slower than expected, with one club recording him at 4.79 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... on-workout

Had better things to say about Price and Kevin Smith

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
TheWebHead":19pd9kp0 said:
Rang said Parker had a disappointing pro day:

Unfortunately, the news wasn't so good for another former Husky. Safety Sean Parker measured in smaller than his listed size of 5-10, 197 pounds, coming in officially at 5-09 (3/4) and 190 pounds. He also ran slower than expected, with one club recording him at 4.79 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... on-workout

Had better things to say about Price and Kevin Smith

So basically they put pads on Kearly and let him go though drills

drrew

Reaction score
Greg Ducre apparently ran multiple times in the mid 4.3s and was the real star of workout. He may have earned himself a spot late in the draft and at the very least will get an UDFA deal.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
I think Kevin Smith could make an NFL squad. He came into UW as a raw athlete who hadn't played much football. He had some bad luck with the broken wrist and missed a season. Honestly, I thought he was the most consistent, underrated and the runner up MVP on offense to Sankey. He also provides value as a kick returner.

Throwdown

Reaction score
^^ I'm kinda hoping the Hawks like Smith, I think he'd be a candidate incase Baldwin isn't retained next offseason

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Smith and Ducre were the surprise stars of the Pro Day. Parker will not be drafted. Sankey will go in the top 3 rounds guaranteed and Price will either be a late round pick or go undrafted but will absolutely get a camp invite if that happens.