Hawks coaches at Washington Pro day

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Hawks coaches at Washington Pro day
Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:46 am

Re: Hawks coaches at Washington Pro day
Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:05 am
  • I think if anything it has to do with location. A 30min drive and you get to see a pro day.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:24 am
  • Maybe, I think they'd probably offer Safety Sean Parker an UDFA contract after the draft.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:35 am
  • Talent-wise, there has to be interest in ASJ, but who knows how they feel about his alleged attitude problems. I would think with Pete and John's connections, they should have enough information on what kind of person ASJ is and grade him accordingly.

They won't be there for Sankey who I think is drafted no later than the 2nd round, but I wish they were. I love watching him play. Such a scrapper.

Keith Price, maybe they bring in for a camp arm, but personally I think he's just not an NFL talent.

I imagine part of them showing up is to show support for the local kids and the University of Washington, which is a pride of Seattle as well. It's got to be a big honor to have the Superbowl champion coaching staff show up to a Pro Day and would also help build a connection with the Huskies new coaching staff.

Throwdown wrote:Maybe, I think they'd probably offer Safety Sean Parker an UDFA contract after the draft.

Cool thanks for sharing. I was wondering what UDFA they might bring in from UW. It worked well with Kearse. Is Parker a free safety or strong safety?
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:47 am
  • I heard Parker was the one who stood out. Location helps. As well as no stone left unturned. I heard Snead and a couple other players were there as well.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:43 pm
  • Sean Parker will probably be drafted on day 3. Not sure by who, though.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:52 pm
  • As said a few times, Parker is the guy of that bunch who's most likely to end up a Seahawk. Just a really solid, under-rated player who would fit in very nicely to replace Jeron Johnson after next season.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:06 pm
  • Rang said Parker had a disappointing pro day:

Unfortunately, the news wasn't so good for another former Husky. Safety Sean Parker measured in smaller than his listed size of 5-10, 197 pounds, coming in officially at 5-09 (3/4) and 190 pounds. He also ran slower than expected, with one club recording him at 4.79 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... on-workout

Had better things to say about Price and Kevin Smith
    TheWebHead
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:04 pm
  • TheWebHead wrote:Rang said Parker had a disappointing pro day:

Unfortunately, the news wasn't so good for another former Husky. Safety Sean Parker measured in smaller than his listed size of 5-10, 197 pounds, coming in officially at 5-09 (3/4) and 190 pounds. He also ran slower than expected, with one club recording him at 4.79 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... on-workout

Had better things to say about Price and Kevin Smith

So basically they put pads on Kearly and let him go though drills
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:33 pm
  • Greg Ducre apparently ran multiple times in the mid 4.3s and was the real star of workout. He may have earned himself a spot late in the draft and at the very least will get an UDFA deal.
    drrew
    NET Starter

Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:47 pm
  • I think Kevin Smith could make an NFL squad. He came into UW as a raw athlete who hadn't played much football. He had some bad luck with the broken wrist and missed a season. Honestly, I thought he was the most consistent, underrated and the runner up MVP on offense to Sankey. He also provides value as a kick returner.
    polarbill1999
    NET Starter

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:41 pm
  • ^^ I'm kinda hoping the Hawks like Smith, I think he'd be a candidate incase Baldwin isn't retained next offseason
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:43 pm
  • James Johnson UDFA for the Hawks. Another Kearse.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:28 pm
  • Smith and Ducre were the surprise stars of the Pro Day. Parker will not be drafted. Sankey will go in the top 3 rounds guaranteed and Price will either be a late round pick or go undrafted but will absolutely get a camp invite if that happens.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information