What are your thoughts on Andre Williams?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • I know RB is not a need in this draft. With how much we run the ball though, you can't have enough depth. I've seen many drafts where this guy is falling to the 5th and 6th rounds. After I saw his highlight reel during the Heisman ceremony I was really impressed. Other than that and some highlights I've seen on YouTube I don't know much about him, and we all know highlight reels can make anyone look good.

What are your thoughts on this guy? If he falls that far is he worth a 5th or 6th?
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie

• City Of Reign wrote:I know RB is not a need in this draft. With how much we run the ball though, you can't have enough depth. I've seen many drafts where this guy is falling to the 5th and 6th rounds. After I saw his highlight reel during the Heisman ceremony I was really impressed. Other than that and some highlights I've seen on YouTube I don't know much about him, and we all know highlight reels can make anyone look good.

What are your thoughts on this guy? If he falls that far is he worth a 5th or 6th?

I think he's a little too lumbering to a successful career. If he has the desire, he could turn himself into a hell of a fullback, but that's a high pain low reward position, so I understand why a lot of bigger backs don't make that transition.
    drrew
    NET Starter

• I am not a fan of his.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Attyla the Hawk wrote:I am not a fan of his.

Very insightful
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie

• I am surprised he isn't considered an early rounder like Hyde and Carey. I was rooting for him to win the Heisman. I think he'd be a great pick for the Vikings to place alongside Petersen and Patterson. He would also be a great addition to the Browns, who need to replace Richardson with someone better than McGahee to back-up Tate.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Rookie

• Not a very shifty back. Kind of like Turbin -- he is brought down routinely by the first player that touches him. And that includes defensive backs. Has a somewhat upright running style although he can get his pads low on occasion. Doesn't possess a high gear when he gets into the open. Needs to work on patience as a runner. Doesn't let blocking develop. On his successful runs, he doesn't get touched until well into the second level. Doesn't explode out of his cuts very well.

Has strong lower body but it generally only amounts to getting a couple extra yards off contact. A good downhill runner who if the blocking develops quickly -- he is productive. Runs well in between the guards. Kind of a downhill runner. On occasion will turn a negative play into a no gain. But doesn't have the explosiveness to take the ball outside if the interior is well defended. When he turns his hips to the sideline, he is easily pursued and dropped with negligible yards after contact.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• No need to draft a RB this year.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• We have our future RB on the team now in CM
    Diezel Dawg
    NET Starter

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information