Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Saftey

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • TE

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Seems we get surprised every year with the Seahawks 1st pick. Most will agree our biggest needs are WR, OL, and DL.
Which position that isn't considered a top need our most likely to be drafted with our 1st pick.

salukihawk12

Reaction score
Our late round success in the secondary is phenomenal, however, with Maxwell's impending FA I'd say there is a legit chance we will look at CB early. There is also a slot on the 53 available for an impact CB with Thurm and Browner's departure.

Threedee

Reaction score
TE is the position we could actually draft that would be a surprise. Lots of talk about Jace Amaro, ASJ, and Troy Niklas. If we do sign Finley, that will probably make TE even less likely of an option.

kearly

Reaction score
I voted TE, but I think the decisions we've seen out of the VMAC lately indicate that they don't want to address TE in the draft.

LB I could maybe see, if you count Dee Ford as a LB.

CB in the first would really surprise me. They passed up Jimmy Smith for James Carpenter, and that was before Kam, Sherman, Browner, and Maxwell had established themselves as late round mega-bargains. Not a great year for corners either.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
I could make a case for anything but QB and "safety", if it was the latter I'd be very concerned about the ET contract negotiations.. That's not to say the Hawks won't draft a safety, as I think they do, but in round 4 or later... QB at round 4 or later is less likely, but wouldn't be surprising... At #32, there's limits on BPA no matter what might be said otherwise.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Really, this one is obvious. All other positions but one we could draft for depth or BPA, and folks would get it. At least a little. Quarterback is the one that is shored up tight. Russell is our starter, no questions. Tarvaris is our backup, no questions. To take a quarterback in the first round this year would be a) sheer madness, b) a stroke of mad genius, or c) a sign of the end of times.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1vybfls3 said:
Really, this one is obvious. All other positions but one we could draft for depth or BPA, and folks would get it. At least a little. Quarterback is the one that is shored up tight. Russell is our starter, no questions. Tarvaris is our backup, no questions. To take a quarterback in the first round this year would be a) sheer madness, b) a stroke of mad genius, or c) a sign of the end of times.
So to you QB is the last likely, but I was asking the most likely from positions we wouldn't expect us to Draft. I'm sure RB would have been a top 3 last likely position last year. I could see is going with a CB. It would give us leverage in case we can't resign Sherm, and Max walks in FA.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wenhawk":2awthjt2 said:
Seahawk Sailor":2awthjt2 said:
So to you QB is the last likely, but I was asking the most likely from positions we wouldn't expect us to Draft. I'm sure RB would have been a top 3 last likely position last year. I could see is going with a CB. It would give us leverage in case we can't resign Sherm, and Max walks in FA.

Ah yes. The title was a bit confusing. In that case, definitely TE. You have it on the list, but I think it's quite likely a TE ends up coming to us via the draft.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I put LB.

Wright and Smith are both UFA in 2015 and I think we're seeing that Seattle is serious about allowing good players that are not special find their fortunes elsewhere. This team feels very much like a modified college program. With the exception of maybe 6-7 'legacy' players who get their 2nd contracts -- everyone is expected to be here for 4 years and then move on.

Shazier, if he's available, should be very enticing for us. I personally like him more than Alec Olgetree from last year who seemed linked to us often. He could be Wright's replacement at the WLB -- and he is more the prototype for that position than Wright is to begin with.

Brahn

Reaction score
If I recall correctly we had Mark Baron rated over Irvin. But after Baron was taken they decided to grab Irvin. I still feel Pete is looking for another great Safety to play in his defense. We have used 3 Safety before.

So I vote Safety. I do not know how deep the draft is this year in game changing safeties, but that is my non need pick.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":45ms8aci said:
OL is not available and is my choice.

It's not available because this was suppose to be a surprise pick, It would not be a surprise to go OL in rd one , actually many think we will look at OL early.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Most people think they will go WR after the loss of Tate/Rice. This is a deep class for WRs, so it does seem extremely likely that a WR near the top of their board will be available at 32.

OL is the position group of greatest need. It was the team's greatest weakness last year, and they lost starting RT Breno Giacomini. For some reason, I don't see many OTs pegged to the Seahawks at 32. People seem to think guard is the greater need because they underestimate JR Sweezy and do not yet see the potential of second year linemen Bailey and Bowie. Taking a lesser known OT at 32 could surprise some people.

DL also seems like somewhat of a possibility. This is a deep year for defensive linemen. I could see them falling in love with someone like Stephon Tuitt.