DE Marcus Smith, Lousville

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahawksdraftblog is reporting that Quinn was present at his pro-day, so he is on the radar.

He is a virtual clone of Chris Clemons. 6-3, 250 pounds, long long long arms with good hands. Productive pass rusher, but watching his tape he's very versatile. Played outside in a three point stance, inside at DT, dropped into coverage as an OLB. Saw some good things with spin moves and outside in moves and disengaging from blockers to make plays.

Ran well at the combine with 4.68, but more importantly should great explosion in his vertical and broad jump.

pcbball12

Reaction score
McGruff":2e3x6hwn said:
Seahawksdraftblog is reporting that Quinn was present at his pro-day, so he is on the radar.

He is a virtual clone of Chris Clemons. 6-3, 250 pounds, long long long arms with good hands. Productive pass rusher, but watching his tape he's very versatile. Played outside in a three poin. t stance, inside at DT, dropptonl coverage as an OLB. Saw some good things with spin moves and outside in moves and disengaging from blockers to make plays.

Ran well at the combine with 4.68, but more importantly should great explosion in his vertical and broad jump.
Funny that you liken him to Clem because I couldn't help but draw that comparisson when I watched him as well (although maybe him wearing 91 had a little to do with it too).Clem obviously is a more polished pas rusher right now, but they are so similar in their movements and just how they look on film. He has a good get off, a lot to like there. Think he is still raw as a pass rusher right now but the potential and tools are there. See him going in the 2-3 round range....I have him graded as a 3rd right now.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
How much weight do you give his 3-cone? It seems to me that change-of-direction would be a key skill for a DE- his was 7.48s. Average for the DE group was 7.30-

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
We know it is something they look at . . . but it can also be something they overlook . . . on the few game plays I could find, he didn't look stiff to me.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Watching his tape I was thinking he looked to have a really decent ability to change direction quickly; cutting back inside on a lot of his sacks/TFLs. Was surprised to see his 3-cone drill rate below average.

Regardless, I'm not sure we'll be looking at a DE with our first two picks and he wont fall to our 4th rounder, but it's still a little intriguing that Quinn was there.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
He's a good looking prospect at the end of day 2/beginning of day 3.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I would take Marcus Smith over J. Attacho in the 4th round If Seattle goes WR/OL in rounds 1 and 2. Marcus Smith is physical and far from a finished product being a former QB at the start of his Louisville career should develop into a better DE. He has the size and the versatility Seattle likes to play with in their front seven. I would'nt be worried about the future of the edge rushers in Seattle with a Mayowa and Smith duo developing on the roster.