My Fanspeak Mock Draft - Offesive heavy

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
My Fanspeak Mock Draft - Offesive heavy
Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:13 pm
  • Did a quick 7 round mock draft on Fanspeak.com
    Went a little overboard on offense, but here's my mock. Could've taken Amaro at 64, but elected to go Bitonio. I wanted to add another DT to the mix, but honestly didn't know enough about the late round prospects to make an educated guess. Would you be happy with this? Shore up the OL and get some big weapons for RW. While adding a backup QB in the same mold and adding another big SS.

G XAVIER SU'A-FILO
    UCLA
    OT JOEL BITONIO
    NEVADA
    WR DEVIN STREET
    PITTSBURGH
    TE XAVIER GRIMBLE
    USC
    S JONATHAN DOWLING
    WESTERN KENTUCKY
    WR CODY LATIMER
    INDIANA
    QB CONNOR SHAW
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    TheArtOfHops
    NET Bench Warmer

• I like the 1-2 punch with Filo and Bitonio. I don't think we'll be able to snag 'Pitbull' with our second rounder in reality but it looks good here. I also like the Latimer, Grimble and Shaw picks. Good job, i'd like this draft a lot.
    Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

• Here's one I ginned up based off of Walter's rankings:

DT RA'SHEDE HAGEMAN
    MINNESOTA
    DE MARCUS SMITH
    LOUISVILLE
    OT JAMES HURST
    NORTH CAROLINA
    RB DRI ARCHER
    KENT STATE
    CB WALT AIKENS
    LIBERTY
    WR CODY LATIMER
    INDIANA
    RB MICHAEL DYER
    LOUISVILLE
    Hawksstradamaus quatrain 10:45, "And San Francisco sealed it's fate, with a touchdown by Golden Tate......"
    Hawkalypse
    NET Veteran

• I really like Devin street he's 6'3, 33' 3/8 arms, 37 inch vert, and 4.55 40. It's a good start when thinking about what the Seahawks like to do in the passing game.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

• I wish every GM used optimum scouting's rankings. I'd grab Evans every time at #32. Just using the Fanspeak rankings though I came up with this. Offense heavy early, then switched to the defensive side.

WR MARQISE LEE
    USC
    OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO
    ALABAMA
    WR DEVIN STREET
    PITTSBURGH
    DE WILL CLARKE
    WVU
    CB WALT AIKENS
    LIBERTY
    OLB KEVIN PIERRE-LOUIS
    BOSTON COLLEGE
    DE LARRY WEBSTER
    BLOOMSBURG
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• I like your mocks as well, we have lots of options. I think ideally we need to trade back with our first unless there's someone there that we are in love with. It seems like we want as many picks as possible in rounds 2-5.

Yea, the rankings are vastly different between the 3 options. I usually alternate between Walker and Fanspeak rankings (Altho I love the idea of getting mike evans on our team, it isn't going to happen unless he has a big drop on draft day).

I did another one today using fanspeak rankings (previous one was Walter) and went RT in R1, and by R2 I didnt not have many WRs that I liked who had that value. So I went with a rangy safety who could back up Earl and decided to wait on WR. Then a big body who can get upfield and back up Mebane in 3rd. Then I got Janis in the 4th (perhaps a bit of a reach, but according to the rankings he would've been drafted before the next pick, and I wasn't happy with my other options). Then grabbed the next member of the LOB, big athletic cb who has some great press-man potential. Then a Mauler interior Lineman who Cable could get the best out of as a future left guard (not as athletic as I'd like, but best available OL in the 6th round in this mock imo). Finally I grabbed a nice weapon move TE who is a good route runner and knows how to operate in space and would be a great safety valve for RW.

OT MORGAN MOSES
    VIRGINIA
    S TERRENCE BROOKS
    FLORIDA STATE
    DT JUSTIN ELLIS
    LOUISIANA TECH
    WR JEFF JANIS
    SAGINAW VALLEY STATE
    CB DONTAE JOHNSON
    NORTH CAROLINA STATE
    C JONOTTHAN HARRISON
    FLORIDA