This team needs to trade up for Evans

Trrrroy

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... mike-evans

A few nugs:

You vs. Richard Sherman ... who wins that battle?

ME: I got that question from a lot of teams at the combine -- lots of Richard Sherman questions. "Who wins that matchup? And what would you do if he started talking smack to you." People don't know, but I talk a lot of smack, too. He's one of my favorite defensive players, him and Von Miller. We'll see. But I'm going to pick myself (in that matchup). I look forward to that day.

Most analysts like to say that there's Sammy Watkins and then everyone else in this draft. Do you see it that way?

ME: Of course not. There are a lot of great receivers in this draft, don't get me wrong, but I'm the best. I really feel strongly about that. Those guys are fun to watch -- Sammy Watkins, Brandin Cooks, (Odell) Beckham, Big Kelvin (Benjamin), but I can do everything they can do. You look at my numbers, watch my film, I feel like I'm the most physical receiver in this draft. I just make the DBs fear me as much as possible. That's what sets me apart, my physicality.

What do you consider your biggest strength?

ME: My size. I'm a big receiver who can run and jump and block. I'm probably the best blocking receiver (in the draft). I want to bring my physical mentality to the NFL and match up against physical secondaries.

Dude has Seahawk written all over him. I'd be fully accepting of a Julio Jones type trade up to nab this guy. He's going to be a beast year one.

PS: It's friggin awesome that Sherman is now an official combine question for receivers.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I fully agree, there is however a rather large thread already started just about him in this forum. But yeah I would be all for trading what it takes to get this guy.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I think he would be a nightmare for D's with RW's style and especially in the mix with Harvin, Baldwin or Tate, Kearse, and Willson. I think he's too rich for their blood though, unless its a player for draft pick trade.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
If he fell down below #13, I'd make the trade up. I doubt he gets there though, so it's too much to get up to grab him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Trrrroy":2674zv2w said:
You vs. Richard Sherman ... who wins that battle?

ME: I got that question from a lot of teams at the combine -- lots of Richard Sherman questions. "Who wins that matchup? And what would you do if he started talking smack to you."

Anyone else find it weird to see one of our guys being used as a league-wide measuring stick? Still not used to it. Also, I don't like the fact that so many execs across the league have Sherman on their mind.

randomation

Reaction score
Want so much but I think we need to trade up to 10 I don't think he gets past the lions at the latest. I am totally down for a Julio Jones type trade though I'm not sure it will happen.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sherman is THE MAN to be measured against.

I'd be happy with Evans but also with Matthews so trading much draft capital away is a mistake.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2d29hnp4 said:
Sherman is THE MAN to be measured against.

I'd be happy with Evans but also with Matthews so trading much draft capital away is a mistake.
Evans is on another level than Matthews, in fact he is a couple levels higher. Evans is a future star in this league Matthews is a number two or three type wide out.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Why so much Matthews love on here? Granted the guy did great at Vandy, had a pretty good combine and apparently has a 'Seahawky' personality because of a chip on his shoulder (from being a 2 star recruit?), but don't ignore the tape. The guy can't buy separation, he might be quick in a straight line but lacks the power to break away in his routes and most nil corners will stick to him all day.

I actually quite like him as a prospect and think he'll have a solid if unspectacular career in the NFL, but let's not compare him to Mike Evans, who will be a perennial 1000yard receiver.

However, with the guys we've lost in FA I don't think we can afford to give any picks away so would be hesitant to trade up.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I really can't stand Evans. He's not really that skilled he has great size. But LSUs freshman CB shut him down for the most part.so in the game I really watched him I wasn't impressed. I'd rather have Jarvis Landry

kearly

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3n7cr4ny said:
Why so much Matthews love on here? Granted the guy did great at Vandy, had a pretty good combine and apparently has a 'Seahawky' personality because of a chip on his shoulder (from being a 2 star recruit?), but don't ignore the tape. The guy can't buy separation, he might be quick in a straight line but lacks the power to break away in his routes and most nil corners will stick to him all day.

I actually quite like him as a prospect and think he'll have a solid if unspectacular career in the NFL, but let's not compare him to Mike Evans, who will be a perennial 1000yard receiver.

However, with the guys we've lost in FA I don't think we can afford to give any picks away so would be hesitant to trade up.

Sums it up for me as well, except for the last part. I would rather have Evans than say Hageman+Moncrief+future 1st that will probably be another James Carpenter caliber prospect. Two late 1s and a late 2? I'm there.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Who do you think the Hawks have the most realistic shot of taking Kearly? WR wise. Or at least who would you want them to take if they stand pat?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
kearly":m6pffmyg said:
I would rather have Evans than say Hageman+Moncrief+future 1st that will probably be another James Carpenter caliber prospect. Two late 1s and a late 2? I'm there.

I really don't like the idea of our first pick being one before the 5th round in a draft like this. Maybe we could package a guy we probably won't be able to keep hold of next year (Malcolm Smith) in a more favourable deal that sees us keep our second this year.