ASJ surgery- likely to miss pro day

BHF

Reaction score
If we can get him in for a private workout prior to the draft, I don't see why not.

titan3131

Reaction score
Slides to 4th, break our trend of missing in the 4 th

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we already know what ASJ can do. Pete can get all the information he needs without even visiting him. Could be a smoke and mirror situation where you don't approach something you want to feign disinterest.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I don't think he falls to our 2nd rounder. If he does somehow, it's a no brainer, we have to take him.

kearly

Reaction score
Him missing his pro-day is probably a good thing for him unless he believes he can run a 4.6. I think ASJ is probably a 4.7 guy and if he ran a 4.8 that would really hurt him. Best to have the doubters wonder than to have the doubters know.

I think Seattle's interest in ASJ will hinge on their confidence that they can coach up his awful pass protection (we use our TEs to pass protect quite a lot). He shows flashes of talent as a run blocker, and his mismatch ability is tops in this draft among TEs. It's not like you need to have Vernon Davis speed to be a mismatch.

HawkWow

Reaction score
chris98251":xndedapu said:
I think we already know what ASJ can do. Pete can get all the information he needs without even visiting him. Could be a smoke and mirror situation where you don't approach something you want to feign disinterest.

Agreed. Pete surely knows everything about every Dub player he may have interest in. And he has access to stuff others wouldn't. Sark's his narc.

I may have been half a sleep when I read this, and don't know where I read this, but didn't ASJ lose several lbs preparing to run his 40? So, it sounds like he's in top shape and that was likely a concern based on a few "needs motivation" type comments being spread around the league.

ASJ is damn near a perfect pick for our Hawks, IMO.