Hilarious Manziel/RW comparison from a scout:

randomation

Reaction score
Idiots are idiots no matter what they may be doing with their lives.

JMR

Reaction score
That's a pretty clear departure from what most have been saying about Manziel in comparison to RW.

OP
OP
B

brettb3

Reaction score
JMR":1szrbera said:
That's a pretty clear departure from what most have been saying about Manziel in comparison to RW.
And most people are correct.

JMR

Reaction score
Manzie's official 40 time, according to NFLN: 4.68.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
O yeah! We had better trade RW and the 1st round picks for the next 5 years to get Manziel! Bring that head case in the locker room. These guys that are in love with some of these unproven college guys are just laughable.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder how much of this was taken out of context or is he just an idiot?

My thoughts is this is the exact reason the Seahawks will thrive for a while because there as so many who are so closed minded and really have a problem seeing outside the little box they have created for themselves. You see this in all professions where the establishment thinks they have it all figured out till the next newfangled thing comes along and then everyone is scrambling to catch up.

Seafan

Reaction score
Manziel has an average NFL caliber arm. He's going to make some money but I'm going to laugh at the team that drafts him.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
The guy is a head case with a questionable work ethic. Sure, he has some improvisational skills but his off-field bs won't cut it in the bigs.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think manziel will be pretty good. Don't really care about the rw comparisons. He's a winner and playmaker, and not in the Tim tebow sort of way either.

I hesitate to call any young kid a "head case". As if most of us didn't need to grow up let alone grow uo being a football star with massive expectations.

if he can go to a team with their act together I think he will be pretty successful.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Everyone else has said Wilson has the better arm, just ignore this clown

bellingerga

Reaction score
Better passer than Wilson? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAH SATIRE. Right? Right?????? oh god help the man if it's not, he has Alzheimer's.

willyum

Reaction score
Wilson's got the better of both types of arms: THROWING / STIFF.

lets see Manziel come into the NFL and stiff arm pass rushers to the ground while still keeping his eyes down the field. not seeing it

BlueBlood

Reaction score
brettb3":1msf6xv7 said:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-draft-outlook-b99210557z1-246732851.html

"He's a better passer than the guy (Russell Wilson) who won the Super Bowl, and he's got a better arm. Here comes the pressure, a guy breaks open and he finds the receiver. Does he have a gun? No. But he doesn't have a bad arm at all."

What is this guy watching? I can only assume he works for a losing organization.

Doesn't have a bad arm at all and has a better one than Wilson? Wilson has a great arm! Tired of reading this garbage. What a fool.

Russell Wilson is a god. Starts his career with over 100 quarterback rating in 2 consecutive seasons and a superbowl win, over 6500 yards passing, over 1000 yards rushing, almost 60 total touchdowns and less than 20 picks.. Nobody in history has started better!!!! None!

If he had done this in Dallas he'd be considered the best young quarterback of all time.

Had to edit this to add more awesomeness.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Keep in mind some of these scouts / GMs are too stubborn to admit they were wrong. Think of the teams with QB issues in the NFL and every one of them had a shot at drafting RW. Their pride makes it easier for them to downplay RW's abilities rather than admit they were wrong and build him up. It may sound ridiculous but that's what foolish pride can do

lobohawk

Reaction score
Makes me think the scout wants some other team to take Manziel and open up a player or spot for his team.

kearly

Reaction score
I have no issue with what he said other than the implication that Wilson doesn't have a good arm.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
JMR":27120y23 said:
Figured he would be a lot faster than that, must be more quick than anything.

For comparison Russell ran a 4.55 and Crapperdink ran a 4.53.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2xg9fth0 said:
JMR":2xg9fth0 said:
Figured he would be a lot faster than that, must be more quick than anything.

For comparison Russell ran a 4.55 and Crapperdink ran a 4.53.
According to the NFL combine chart shown today on NFL Network Kaep's official 40 time was 4.63 and Luck was 4.66. RW was 4.55 and RG3 was 4.43 IIRC.
I recall all the Manziel supporters and expert saying Manziel was going to be faster than RW. Well we now know RW is not only faster but he has a higher vertical and stronger arm. Bigger hands too. Manziel was certain he'd be at least 6 feet tall and his backers are certain he'd be better than RW. I don't know if he's worthy of a top 10 pick now seeing Mike Evans was so impressive at the combine. Evans the 6'5" 230lb receiver ran a 4.53 which is FASTER than Manziels 4.68!! He also boasts a 37 inch vertical and is the potential top 10 pick who often bailed Johnny Football on jump balls time and again.