I wonder if the 'Hawks start getting the NE draft treatment

volshawk

Reaction score
Meaning, whenever the Pats reach on a player or draft someone the "experts" didnt expect, they always get praised for the selection and earn high draft grades. I always felt that this was due to their past draft day success and analysts giving them the benefit of doubt. The question is, will the Hawks now get that same level of respect? My guess is the analyst will be a bit more gun shy when criticizing Seattle's picks. Thoughts?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think that already started last year. No one really understood why they took a RB in the 2nd round, but media guys were hesitant to criticize them for it after they got burned for their comments on the 2012 draft. They seemed to get B-B+ grades across the board, even though no one really seemed to understand their draft.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
DavidSeven":28639jcs said:
I think that already started last year. No one really understood why they took a RB in the 2nd round, but media guys were hesitant to criticize them for it after they got burned for their comments on the 2012 draft. They seemed to get B-B+ grades across the board, even though no one really seemed to understand their draft.

Yeah, we definitely saw a lot of that. There was a lot of "I don't understand it, but we can't question them any longer without looking like that B/R guy who is constantly brought up on the 2012 draft"

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, saw that a lot. So many people were made to look stupid by putting off the cuff criticisms (sometimes scathing) on tape. It must be a cottage industry here in Seattle to cut up/repost video of those criticisms of guys we turned into stars.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, when a team is playing at a championship caliber (us, and the Patsies back then), and has pretty good prospects of continuing for at least a couple of years going forward (again, us and the Patsies back then), that team can and will draft for the future instead of reaching for "that one guy" to put them over the top. It ain't flashy, but I like being there, despite the fact we will "miss out" on all of the shiny objects in the top of the first round.

:)

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":3i7ue9ma said:
Well, when a team is playing at a championship caliber (us, and the Patsies back then), and has pretty good prospects of continuing for at least a couple of years going forward (again, us and the Patsies back then), that team can and will draft for the future instead of reaching for "that one guy" to put them over the top. It ain't flashy, but I like being there, despite the fact we will "miss out" on all of the shiny objects in the top of the first round.

:)

So Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman or Kam are not shiney, I'm telling......................

You can buy a new Edsel or Yugo, they will be shiny also. Sometimes it's taking that New Camaro with a V6 in it and worki ng with it and putting a V8 Turbo in it to give it attitude is more fun.