If we don't go offense in the first round.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I sure hope its because we picked up Aaron Donald. Admittedly I have just been watching his highlight tapes but man is he impressive. If we are not able to keep Bennet I believe Aaron would be an awesome replacement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45O_bC8SKtE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SUK7gVFleY

Love the second video talking about how much he loves the game but more importantly how much he studies film. Kind of a general theme of our team I would say.

Heres a little snippet from Rob Rang:
Considering that he's leading the country in sacks (1.6 per game) and tackles for loss (2.4), Donald might just be the most under-appreciated NFL prospect in college football. Sure, he isn't as big as most defensive linemen, but as he demonstrated with two sacks and three tackles for loss vs. Virginia Tech and big, mobile quarterback Logan Thomas, what a stick of dynamite may lack for in size can be made up with explosiveness

CBSSPORTS.COM ALL-AMERICANS: FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE AS NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS: DT - Aaron Donald, Sr., Pittsburgh: Generating an eye-popping 26 tackles for loss (including eight sacks) in 2013 makes Donald our Defensive Player of the Year, along with winning the Nagurski and Outland Trophies as the nation's dominant defensive lineman. But NFL scouts may not be nearly as excited about his potential as the media, considering Pitt's star defensive tackle's undersized frame. At only 6-foot, 285-pounds, Donald relies more on his burst and quick hands to penetrate rather than power to hold up at the point of attack, making his best fit as a three-technique in the 4-3 alignment. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I believe it was the Senior Bowl where he stood out and there was quite a bit of praises levied for his game. I think he's gone before #32. Teams are always in the market for a good 3-tech DT. Donald seems to be one of the top guys at that position this year.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I absolutely love Donald, but I do have a big concern about him in the NFC West. In a weird way, I kinda hope he is off the board before we pick. Then again, at 32, it is definitely worth the risk if his penetration ability translates to the NFL. He's kinda like Kelvin Benjamin for me. Would love to have him, but not sure I'd take the risk.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
The two guys I would be absolutely ecstatic if we picked them Would be KB and Aaron Donald. ASJ would make me happy as would a guard like David Yankey but no were near as excited as picking up either of them and I think its possible one of those two falls to us.