Emulating Seattle's D

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
This has probably been mentioned in here and I apologize if I'm restating something already said, but as I've read a few Super Bowl game threads on other teams' boards, a common theme in those is the whole "defense wins championships" and "how can we emulate Seattle's amazing D?" type of posts. If GMs & coaches have the same mindset as the fans in this copycat league, we're likely to see the first round of the draft dominated by defensive selections. With so many underclassmen declaring, could be some great offensive talent still on the board at 32.

32. I've made that joke for years, but it finally happened...we are picking 32nd!

I won't get into what we might do since free agency, salary cap, BPA, etc. are likely to dictate that, but it will be interesting to see if other teams try to build an L.O.B. of their own. Forget Earl, that's a player that comes around once a decade, if that, but will we see a run on 6'3" corners and Kam-sized Safeties? I think so.

I'll go back to lurking now. You guys do a great job in the draft forum and because of that, I always feel well-informed by the time April rolls around!

Erebus

Reaction score
I was just thinking this and came to the forum to post the exact same thing. I think more teams will put a bigger emphasis on defense, leaving some good offensive talent available for us.

chris98251

Reaction score
GM's are going to swing for fences for defence hoping to copy us, trouble is they need the system and vision to make it work, others are going to try to match our size and speed on offense to overcome our strengths or match it, or try to go small and quick. Either way those teams that try to change their identity and personnel will be working off a snalshot and not a blueprint.

cover-2

Reaction score
Our style of defense is more prone to get penalties, due to our CB's playing man press, and I don't know that a lot of coaches will be able to stomach those yellow flags.

OP
OP
SeahawksBMX

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
^ true, but the last 2 Owls were won by the most penalized teams (Ravens/Seahawks), not to mention the Broncos were the second-most penalized team this year. Copycat league: "Guys, we clearly need MORE penalties."