LETS GO NOLES!!

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: LETS GO NOLES!!
Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:21 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:With how Auburn played, how can anyone argue they didn't deserve to be there? It's not like they pulled a Notre Dame. Hell of a game, and both teams should be proud. I mean, it's not like MSU beat Stanford to show that maybe the Pac-12 wasn't as great this year as we hoped/thought.



    Wait... so because Stanford lost a game to MSU the entire conference is bad? Seriously?

    Sorry but if MSU and Auburn had to play in the Pac-12, there's zero chance those schools are even in contention. Pac-12 was by far the best conference in college football this year, and Stanford isn't even the best school in the Pac-12.
    User avatar
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2011
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm


Re: LETS GO NOLES!!
Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:With how Auburn played, how can anyone argue they didn't deserve to be there? It's not like they pulled a Notre Dame. Hell of a game, and both teams should be proud. I mean, it's not like MSU beat Stanford to show that maybe the Pac-12 wasn't as great this year as we hoped/thought.



    Wait... so because Stanford lost a game to MSU the entire conference is bad? Seriously?

    Sorry but if MSU and Auburn had to play in the Pac-12, there's zero chance those schools are even in contention. Pac-12 was by far the best conference in college football this year, and Stanford isn't even the best school in the Pac-12.


    Wait, if Stanford wasn't, then who was? It sure wasn't Oregon, USC, OSU, UW, UCLA, or ASU. I don't think Mich. State was that good (nor was the Big 10 in general), but they beat an overranked Cardinal team who in turn beat a lot of overranked Pac-12 teams. I hate to say it, but it's true. Each Pac-12 team this year lost games they shouldn't have.

    I hate the SEC as much as anybody, but in general, I don't think there was a whole lot of strength to go around and Auburn was the last survivor of a good, but not great, group. So they deserved their shot the same as anyone else.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 14727
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: LETS GO NOLES!!
Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:43 am
  • HansGruber wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:With how Auburn played, how can anyone argue they didn't deserve to be there? It's not like they pulled a Notre Dame. Hell of a game, and both teams should be proud. I mean, it's not like MSU beat Stanford to show that maybe the Pac-12 wasn't as great this year as we hoped/thought.



    Wait... so because Stanford lost a game to MSU the entire conference is bad? Seriously?

    Sorry but if MSU and Auburn had to play in the Pac-12, there's zero chance those schools are even in contention. Pac-12 was by far the best conference in college football this year, and Stanford isn't even the best school in the Pac-12.


    Again, if if if. It's damn easy to throw out claims that can never be proven or disproven.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7972
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


Re: LETS GO NOLES!!
Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:32 pm
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:Glad Auburn didnt win. They shouldnt of even been in the Championship game if not for a few miracles at the end of the season.

    No one else made a better case, so get bent.


    Michigan State made just as good of a case.
    Super Bowl Champions
    2013

    Conference Champions
    2005, 2013

    Division Champions
    1988, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013


    "Hell no! I wanna go get my rang!"
    User avatar
    Seahawks1983
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 303
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm


Re: LETS GO NOLES!!
Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:36 pm
  • 2013 BOWL RECORDS
    Conference W L Pct.
    Sun Belt 2 0 1.000
    Southeastern 7 3 .700
    Pac-12 6 3 .667
    Independents 2 1 .667
    Big 12 3 3 .500
    C-USA 3 3 .500
    Mountain West 3 3 .500
    Atlantic Coast 5 6 .454
    American 2 3 .400
    Big Ten 2 5 .286
    Mid-American 0 5 .000


    http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/67862/final-conference-bowl-records
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4125
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am


Re: LETS GO NOLES!!
Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:37 pm
  • Seahawks1983 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:Glad Auburn didnt win. They shouldnt of even been in the Championship game if not for a few miracles at the end of the season.

    No one else made a better case, so get bent.


    Michigan State made just as good of a case.


    Which is why I referenced them as being a far more legit place to start the debate than any PAC12 team.

    That said, I believe that Auburn played a tougher schedule and their win over Alabama was a better win than any that MSU had. But I could see plenty of arguments the other way, too.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7972
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


Re: LETS GO NOLES!!
Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:13 pm
  • Speaking of PAC 12 games..how about that WSU game against Auburn AT AUBURN with the Cougs only being down 4 points going into the 4th quarter. I didnt personally watch the game, but I still remember alot of comments about bias reffing after the game was over.

    How about the Georgia game where Auburn threw up a 70 yard prayer bomb on 4th and 18 with 25 seconds left where it bounced off 2 defenders when all they had to do was bat it down.

    And we all know what happened in the Alabama game....
    Image
    User avatar
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 773
    Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am


Re: LETS GO NOLES!!
Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:42 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:Speaking of PAC 12 games..how about that WSU game against Auburn AT AUBURN with the Cougs only being down 4 points going into the 4th quarter. I didnt personally watch the game, but I still remember alot of comments about bias reffing after the game was over.

    How about the Georgia game where Auburn threw up a 70 yard prayer bomb on 4th and 18 with 25 seconds left where it bounced off 2 defenders when all they had to do was bat it down.

    And we all know what happened in the Alabama game....


    Wins are wins. Yes, Auburn had some strokes of luck this season. Show me a team that doesn't.

    Oh, and I love the complaints about a team's validity followed by, "I didn't watch the games."
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7972
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house




It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests