Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: 7 round seahawks mock draft
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:14 am 
NET Veteran

this mock draft reflects my opinion that some key D-lineman will be let go this off-season to keep Michael Bennett.

RD 1) Brandon Coleman- WR Rutgers- at 6'6 220 lbs Coleman is the big posession/Red zone WR the R. Wilson needs to be at his best. Coleman could generate alot of buzz at the combine so i would'nt be suprised to see him go before the hawks can take him but he's got alot of potential.

RD2) Kelcy Quarles- DT S. Carolina- 6'4 300lbs Quarles has the size the hawks like in a 3-tech. Quarles also had a team high in sacks (9.5)and TFL (13.5) on a strong D-line. 36 tackles from the DT position he has the potential to fill Tony McDaniel role.

RD 3) Vikings pick (Harvin Trade)

RD 4) DeAndre Coleman- DT CAL- if the seahawks had to part ways with Red Bryant this off-season Coleman has the same body type 6'5 320lbs to play 5-tech. Coleman had 40 tackles 9 TFL and 2.5 sacks in 2013 so he's not just a big body he makes plays.

RD 5a) Justin Britt- OT Missouri- (Raiders Pick) 6'6 315lbs Britt has the size Cable likes in a OT. Britt is also a second team SEC lineman in 2013 for a much improved Missouri offense. He's an anchor in the run and pass for the Tigers so he would make a fine addition to the seahawks O-line.

RD 5b) Alex Neutz- WR Buffalo- 6'3 205lbs with 4.59 speed he has potential to be another big body for RW to throw to. Neutz had 58 rec, 947yds, and 11 TD's in 2013 and has a school record 30 career TD receptions. could be a poor mans Keenan Allen.

RD 6) Kadeem Edwards-OG Tennessee state- 6'3 318lbs he's a small school prospect that has been invited to the senior bowl. He's also played on a team with a strong running attack. could be a late round depth player for the hawks to develop.

RD 7) Bennett Jackson-CB Norte Dame- 6'1 190lbs 4.53 speed Bennett had 59 tackles and 2 passes defensed and just one interception. he's a late round corner for the hawks to look at for depth and special teams.

Last edited by Lynch Mob on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 7 round seahawks mock draft
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:57 am 
NET Veteran

I'd be really happy with the Brandon Coleman pick as I think it addresses the team's biggest need. And while I haven't heard of any of the rest of the picks, I agree with your rational for making each pick where you have.

Thanks for putting in the time and introducing a few more names.

Post subject: Re: 7 round seahawks mock draft
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:39 am 
NET Veteran

I like it. I'd probably try to grab a TE in there somewhere is probably the one problem I see.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]