Seahawks must prioritize O-line?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Seahawks must prioritize O-line?
Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:02 pm
  • Thunderhawk wrote:English, is injury history factored into your evaluations of draft prospects on SDB? If so, why do you seem to ignore injury history as it applies to the pros?

No, I don't ignore it.

But I also put everything into context. Seattle has talent on the offensive line. This year they've been bitten badly with the injury bug, something we avoided last year. It's not much different to Denver losing Ryan Clady for the year. They too wont be drafting a left tackle in 2014.

If you seriously expect us to go out and replace Okung and Unger -- two pro-bowlers -- it's not going to happen.

Again, better depth is required. But you don't draft depth in round one.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:04 pm
  • I think we resign Breno to a similar deal that he has now ~3-4m/yr. If that happens I think our starting Oline looks like Okung Bailey Unger Sweezy Breno. If we can't upgrade that then sure let's wait. But if we can I say let's do it.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:09 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:If you seriously expect us to go out and replace Okung and Unger -- two pro-bowlers -- it's not going to happen.

Again, better depth is required. But you don't draft depth in round one.

I am hoping for a high quality starting LG out of the draft or even free agency. However, it's dangerous to continually ignore the chronic durability issues that plague our line. So, yes, I would like the FO to prioritize tackle as well. It would be irresponsible for them not to.
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information