Russell Wilson Bowl

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Or better known as the Capital One Bowl with Wisconsin and South Carolina. Who do you think RW is pulling for?

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Yeah oops. Not really versed that well in the Carolina teams. I only really care about one team associated with Russell Wilson.

McGruff

Reaction score
Watching Clowney a lot. He gets doubled, tripled and chipped more often than not, but his athletic ability and technique is unquestionable.

But . . . Man he lets up when the play goes away from him. Almost no effort at all. He's like a DL version of Randy Moss. If the ball isn't coming his away, he just quits.

McGruff

Reaction score
South Carolina's senior QB looks good. Not sure if he is NFL. Good, but I'm impressed with his effort, toughness and leadership.

McGruff

Reaction score
Conner Shaw is on my short list of QB's I'd like to see behind Russell.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
taz291819":2ly9iefs said:
McGruff":2ly9iefs said:
Conner Shaw is on my short list of QB's I'd like to see behind Russell.

Agreed. He can play the option and he's one tough SOB.

After the game when they said he only had one interception for the year I looked him up a bit more. Didn't throw the ball a ton, and his completion percentage dropped a bunch from 67% to 63% this year. But in an offense that preaches limiting turnovers he could be a good backup QB. 24/1 TD/INT ratio is impressive for sure.

Most draft analysts have him as either a 6th/7th round prospect or even an undrafted free agent. If this is the case a late flyer on a kid with limited upside but a possible long term backup is something I could get behind.

EDIT: Just saw he's only 6'1". Not tall enough to play QB in the NFL. Forget what I wrote earlier.

McGruff

Reaction score
When asked about his NFL future, Shaw recently said, ""Obviously, I hope I get the opportunity, And guys like Russell Wilson, they give me hope."

taz291819

Reaction score
I've watched him every game for the past three years he's been a starter. The other tangible that he has that is like Wilson is his leadership. The guy has come off the bench quite a few times hurt, and led the team to a come-from-behind victory. Every player on that squad would go to battle with him.

He said that if he didn't make it in the NFL, he was going to go to OCS (Officer Candidate School), enlisting in either the Army or Navy.