Marques Tuiasosopo accepted TE coach job at USC

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13

• Bummer. Would have liked him to stay. :(
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Well was Tui offered a job under Peterson? If not yet he took a good opportunity for himself. Also the Devil you know versus the one you don't could come into play here. I have not heard of anyone getting hired yet under Peterson.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Well was Tui offered a job under Peterson? If not yet he took a good opportunity for himself. Also the Devil you know versus the one you don't could come into play here. I have not heard of anyone getting hired yet under Peterson.

I don't know of anyone outside of BSU he hired, but I did see this list the other day in the local paper.

Coaches leaving Boise State:

Head coach: Chris Petersen (going to: Washington)
    Offensive coordinator/wide receivers: Robert Prince (TBA)
    Offensive line: Chris Strausser (Washington)
    Quarterbacks: Jonathan Smith (Washington)
    Running backs: Keith Bhonapha (Washington)
    Defensive coordinator: Pete Kwiatkowski (Washington)
    Linebackers: Bob Gregory (TBA)
    Defensive backs: Jimmy Lake (Washington)

Read more here: http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/source- ... rylink=cpy
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• Gregg Bell ‏@gbellseattle 9m
    On Chris Petersen's new #UDUB staff TEs coach is lone opening. Tosh Lupoi reassigned to other duties in @UWAthletics http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.db ... =209353968
    Retweeted by UW Football

By Gregg Bell
    UW Director of Writing

SEATTLE – Chris Petersen has brought familiar faces onto his new staff for his debut season with the Huskies.

Petersen announced Monday that Pete Kwiatkowski is his defensive coordinator for 2014 at Washington, Jonathan Smith is his offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, Chris Strausser is his associate head coach and offensive line coach, Bob Gregory is his assistant head coach and linebackers coach, Jimmy Lake is the defensive backs coach, Jeff Choate will serve as defensive line and special teams coach, Brent Pease is the wide receivers coach and Keith Bhonapha is his running backs coach and recruiting coordinator.

All worked with Petersen for all or some parts of his tenure leading Boise State to a 92-12 record from 2006 until Washington hired him Dec. 6 to replace the departed Steve Sarkisian.

Petersen has also brought Tim Socha from Boise State to be the new strength and conditioning coach at UW. Tacoma native Rich Rasmussen is the Huskies’ new director of player personnel and Mike McHugh is the director of football operations.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• chris98251 wrote:Well was Tui offered a job under Peterson? If not yet he took a good opportunity for himself. Also the Devil you know versus the one you don't could come into play here. I have not heard of anyone getting hired yet under Peterson.

From the Times post.
    Seattle Times wrote:New UW coach Chris Petersen had offered Tuiasosopo a chance to remain at UW as tight ends coach.

So he had the chance to stay at UW but chose to go to USC instead.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• SeatownJay wrote:
    Seattle Times wrote:New UW coach Chris Petersen had offered Tuiasosopo a chance to remain at UW as tight ends coach.

Well maybe he can show Sark how to win a bowl game. :twisted:
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Well that kinda sucks, next man up.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• SeatownJay wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Well was Tui offered a job under Peterson? If not yet he took a good opportunity for himself. Also the Devil you know versus the one you don't could come into play here. I have not heard of anyone getting hired yet under Peterson.

From the Times post.

Sark named him "associate head coach", whatever that means
    zifnab32
    NET Rookie

• zifnab32 wrote:Sark named him "associate head coach", whatever that means

More influence in the offense. More resume swag. More money. In short: a promotion that is better for his long term career goals. Disappointed he's leaving, but I wish him (but not U$C) the best.
    Crabhawk
    NET Rookie

• Loved Marques 90% of the time as our QB. That other 10%, he was solely responsible for costing us games due to mental lapses AKA stupidity. I understand the glitz and glamor that goes with everything SC, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in him choosing the enemy over us. Maybe he just wants to get closer to Manti Teo, who knows?
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Manti's his little cousin. OR the catfish tranny is, I can't remember. The associate title is an asset on his resume'--will propell him upward in the coaching realm quicker.
    DAMAGE FROM THE HARVIN DEBACLE RUNS DEEP FOR SEAHAWKS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/22/ ... -seahawks/
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information