Christmas Eve mock draft

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Quite frankly, I will be absolutely enraged if we take a defensive player with our first round pick. It is time PC & JS start showing the offense some love and helping our franchise quarterback out. PERIOD.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I don't see that being the route we go either. Mebane is playing as well as he ever has. It seems we can plug guys in next to him and it not be a real issue. Especially with the scheme Quinn has implemented.

cover-2

Reaction score
Getting Ra'Shede Hageman late in the 1st round would be an absolute steal. From reading the article on him and his inconsistent motor I still highly doubt he will be available that late in the 1st round. He hasn't had any legit trouble off the field the last few years. There aren't many people that big and athletic on the planet, so even if DT isn't a big need there is no way we could pass on him. There a few players in this draft that I would like for us to trade up for and Hagemean is one of those players.

Here are a few clips of Hageman to kind of get a feel for his personality.
[youtube]MwO74hfY1ds[/youtube]

[youtube]uNZtwwaZZrY[/youtube]

[youtube]ezyK_0JTB84[/youtube]

Jville

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1xh8di8h said:
All thoughts welcome...

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/christmas-eve-mock-draft

Making projections late in the first round is a thankless task this early in the process. I set out with the intention of placing a receiver with the Seahawks, but too many were off the board. And I think they need a true #1, not an extension of what they already have.

I bought into the rotational approach the Seahawks utilize with their defensive line. I see it as their mode of operation. Their 3rd round Jordan Hill selection is about as early as I would expect for an interior lineman. Brandon Mebane is having a career year. Selection of a DT in the 1st would be a huge surprise for me.

I do agree that a big physical red line receiver remains an unsatisfied need.

Injuries and cap pressures suggest a turnover of personel in the offensive line. Every year is a good year to look at offensive tackles especially with an outside in consideration.

If fit, need and value isn't there, I have no problem with trading down and out of the 1st round.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
bigdaddydave":1jt7d5df said:
Quite frankly, I will be absolutely enraged if we take a defensive player with our first round pick. It is time PC & JS start showing the offense some love and helping our franchise quarterback out. PERIOD.

And I too would like to see an offensive pick, but in this mock a lot of WR's and OT's were off the board and putting another at #31 would've been a little forced.

Jville

Reaction score
Is La’el Collins someone Tom Cable would really like?

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Jville":n6kunm3a said:

For me he's a guard at the next level. Athletic upside in abundance. I really don't want us to draft a guard in round one though. I just feel like if we're drafting for the offensive it needs to be a tackle to replace Breno (assuming we can't afford to keep him) or a big, tall wideout for RW.

I want to see Alvin Bailey competing to start at guard next, and they clearly want to test Bowie there too. I think Carp and Sweezy have done well this year (I appear to be in the minority there).

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Late first early seconds seem to be high risk/reward players, I expect us to trade down or pick some guy that everyone on the planet will be like Who/What, tooooo early. I would guess but after barely choosing 1 guy ever that they drafted, Okung, why bother.

Jville

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1yd1xpvt said:
Jville":1yd1xpvt said:

For me he's a guard at the next level. Athletic upside in abundance. I really don't want us to draft a guard in round one though. I just feel like if we're drafting for the offensive it needs to be a tackle to replace Breno (assuming we can't afford to keep him) or a big, tall wideout for RW.

I want to see Alvin Bailey competing to start at guard next, and they clearly want to test Bowie there too. I think Carp and Sweezy have done well this year (I appear to be in the minority there).

Thanks ..... offensive line is certainly in play. Breno, McQuistan, and Jeanpierre all being free agents from an offensive line with a really big 2013 cap. Plus an expensive left tackle and center returning from disappointing injury plagued campaigns. Bowie and Bailey look to be timely additions. But, it looks to me like further additions will be needed.

Shock2k

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3nyrz454 said:
All thoughts welcome...

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/christmas-eve-mock-draft

Making projections late in the first round is a thankless task this early in the process. I set out with the intention of placing a receiver with the Seahawks, but too many were off the board. And I think they need a true #1, not an extension of what they already have.

Wait, with the 31rst pick, are you saying the Seahawks are going to loose the Superbowl?

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I will probably be in the minority but I could see them not resigning or cutting Unger and going with Jeanpierre. He has gotten a ton of experience and in my opinion performed very well.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":l7pxczyr said:
bigdaddydave":l7pxczyr said:

And I too would like to see an offensive pick, but in this mock a lot of WR's and OT's were off the board and putting another at #31 would've been a little forced.

It's a mock. It's merely intended to be an exercise in what could transpire.

In this particular case, I'd be thrilled. When you pick at the end of the round, unless you trade away picks, you really have to let the draft come to you, instead of the other way around. If Hageman were to fall in this scenario, the seahawks would be wise to add him to the group.

This team needs to add impact players anywhere they can. In a world where you can't resign everyone -- getting value in the draft anywhere opens your options when it comes to making decisions on whom to resign. Hageman does this nicely.

We are in reload mode. That means getting talent that comes to you even if you don't need it immediately.

General Manager

Reaction score
If a DL clearly has more upside than any WR TE or O-lineman fine. I just don't think that will be the case on draft day and it's time to get Wilson more help.

kf3339

Reaction score
I personally would not go DT in the late first round. It just seems that if you don't go O-Line then the next best thing are offensive playmakers that defenses have to plan for each game. I would not hate on your DT Hagemann pick though.

My current personal hope is for a big, athletic WR or TE in the late 1st round. Who that would be is too early to guess on right now.

McGruff

Reaction score
I would love to see hagemann on this team. Outstanding pick.

I want hagemann almost as bad as I wanted Richardson last year.