Tosh Lupoi under investigation

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
if this actually becomes something I'll be interested to see what happens with Sark at USC

drrew

Reaction score
If Lupoi did what is claimed, I have zero problem with it. Paying for a kid to get extra tutoring? This is what people want to get upset about? I couldn't give a damn whether that's an NCAA violation or not.

The article indicated his chances of getting hired at USC are now 'less than zero'. If that's the case, and Petersen would like him to stay at UW, I'm all for it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
drrew":31xjf7vu said:
If Lupoi did what is claimed, I have zero problem with it. Paying for a kid to get extra tutoring? This is what people want to get upset about? I couldn't give a damn whether that's an NCAA violation or not.

The article indicated his chances of getting hired at USC are now 'less than zero'. If that's the case, and Petersen would like him to stay at UW, I'm all for it.

I agree. Same with the player that took a loan from a coach and payed it back. It's not like he rented out an apt for him or bought him a car.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
NCAA rules are silly, but rules are rules. If its true, he was trying to help the guy get eligible without doctoring grades or any of that other Caliparian hocus pocus, then fine, take the punishment, there are worse things to get slammed for.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Ready for my conspiracy theory? Sark tried to get Lupoi to follow him to USC. Tosh declined, so Sark "leaks" the story to the L.A. media about the violation to get him fired and to get UW in trouble.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
If true it makes me smh that the kid got all this help and still didn't make the team? Smh.

CPHawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":39neguny said:
Ready for my conspiracy theory? Sark tried to get Lupoi to follow him to USC. Tosh declined, so Sark "leaks" the story to the L.A. media about the violation to get him fired and to get UW in trouble.

The NCAA no longer allows a HC to claim ignorance. So that theory would be out.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
CPHawk":1xslx4nm said:
SeatownJay":1xslx4nm said:

The NCAA no lover allows a HC to claim ignorance. So that theory would be out.
And yet that's exactly what Sark and USC are claiming.

David Roberts, USC's vice president for athletic compliance, told the newspaper that he spoke with Davis and Sarkisian about the alleged activity and that "we don't have any concerns about Steve's involvement."

Added Sarkisian to the Times: "When I was at Washington I did everything within my power to make sure we were 100 percent compliant in all NCAA and Pac-12 rules, and I'm going to operate the exact same way here at USC."
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... tosh-lupoi

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Haden was on the committee that recommended HC's be 100% responsible for their assistants' actions.

I have been wondering what the hold up for Tosh to USC was - looks like we found it.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1ihbtmj7 said:
as crazy as this sounds but I have another theory. Orgeron seemed really pissed about not getting the job so he somehow got this information and gave it to the LA times to get sark in trouble. IK it's crazy

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SeatownJay":35h1xnjj said:

As of 2012, NCAA punishments are tied more closely to the head coach than to the institution. That means Sark could get suspended for things that Lupoi did as his assistant. Sark would be getting himself in trouble by leaking this info, which obviously means he didn't.

drrew

Reaction score
The mother of the recruit in question told the Seattle Times that she paid for the kids tutoring with a credit card and it had nothing to do with Tosh Lupoi or the UW.

The other oddity in the story is that apparently Dan Cozzeto was the recruiter on this kid, not Tosh Lupoi.

The kids family is well within their rights to tell the NCAA to f off, which sounds like what they're doing, and without some sort of corroboration there, this seems destined to just go away.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Yeah, by the looks of this its another muckraking attempt by the la times based on hearsay kind of like back in 92

SonicHawk

Reaction score
God forbid the millions of dollars these universities make on their football team goes to actually helping the kids get an education.

If the story were to be true I would have absolutely no problem with it. Oh, you're going to choose Washington because the University is willing to pay for more classroom time so you can be up to par for entry? Good.

I hate the NCAA, I hate the rules. Make it a free for all, I don't care.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This story is starting to sound like some sour grapes screw job.

What a dirty damn business.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Steve Sarksian to ESPNLA: "I think this potential allegation could effect not only Tosh's future at USC but moving forward anywhere."