Chris Petersen doing work already?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Chris Petersen doing work already?
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: Chris Petersen doing work already?
Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:55 pm
  • I get as excited by 4 and 5 star recruits as much as anyone, then I look at today's AP All America team and see ten of the guys were 3star and three were 2star recruits.

So much success is because of player development and I get more excited about having Chris Petersen on board.
    drrew
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:01 pm
  • It is odd that kids can, in the right environment, get... whats the word... better? I see it with PeteI, hope it continues with PeteII!!!!!!
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:06 pm
  • Not bad. Keep it up Coach Pete!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:50 pm
  • I read this fascinating study a few years ago, I think it was Football Outsiders?

3 star players are more likely to become star college players than 4 or 5 star players, simply because kids change so fast and there are "more" 3 star players in the pool.

The majority of the NFL Hall of Fame is made up of 3 star high school recruits.

It's about knowing what you want, and developing talent.

I think of the all time great Husky players -- for every Napolean Kaufmann there is an Entman or a Warren Moon
    The_Z_Man
    NET Starter

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:46 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:I read this fascinating study a few years ago, I think it was Football Outsiders?

3 star players are more likely to become star college players than 4 or 5 star players, simply because kids change so fast and there are "more" 3 star players in the pool.

I think of the all time great Husky players -- for every Napolean Kaufmann there is an Entman or a Warren Moon

I'm the biggest Steve Entman fan of all time.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:36 am
  • The_Z_Man wrote:I read this fascinating study a few years ago, I think it was Football Outsiders?

They didn't even really have the star system until the internet age. It was lot less followed before that, so I'm not sure how you could say that most of the HOF is 3* guys.

As for more 3* being stars, yeah but there is also about 4 times more 3* than there is 5-4*. Percentage though, still favors the 4-5*.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:31 pm
  • Jalen Green just flipped to Sark at USC. Which is weird since he flipped from BSU to UW following Peterson.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:32 pm
  • da hell???
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:14 pm
  • See I told ya until ink hits paper don't get your hopes up, there will be a lot of this going on with the state of the coaching changes going on. Interested about the defense as well with Wilcox up in the air about if we lose people there as well.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:47 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    They didn't even really have the star system until the internet age. It was lot less followed before that, so I'm not sure how you could say that most of the HOF is 3* guys.

As for more 3* being stars, yeah but there is also about 4 times more 3* than there is 5-4*. Percentage though, still favors the 4-5*.

They had a "blue chip" system, which equates out to 4 or 5 stars.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Starter

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information