Deone Buccannon

drrew

Reaction score
keith da hawk":304bngkf said:
WSU Safety Deone Buccannon named AP 1st Team All-American. Go Cougs!

I've always liked him. Plays a bit reckless and hits like a ton of bricks, but very entertaining.

Brandin Cooks 1st team. Sankey 2nd team. ASJ and Ekpre-Olomu 3rd.

Ahh, one more NW connection, 3rd team punter, Austin Rehkow from Idaho!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Even though I am a Husky fan, I would not be upset to see him in Seahawk blue next year.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
We've had some outstanding safeties at WSU in the last 15 years, but Deone might be the best. He hits like Bam Bam, a sure tackler in space and loves to come into the box to stop the run. Not sure if Pete and John would look to get another strong safety in the early rounds next year, can't see him being left on the board past the early 3rd round. If he's still there for us at #96, it'd be a huge steal IMO.

Lynch'sLamborghini

Reaction score
Reviving this thread because this kid looks quite nice. Very good 40 times (4.50 unofficial on both runs) and looked pretty good in the mirror drill, the only one to occur at the time of this posting. He looked a little stiff in the hips (mostly on the second swivel), but other that that, quite good - and high-pointed the ball on the catch. Someone to look for in R5.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":18l0y88t said:
We've had some outstanding safeties at WSU in the last 15 years, but Deone might be the best. He hits like Bam Bam, a sure tackler in space and loves to come into the box to stop the run. Not sure if Pete and John would look to get another strong safety in the early rounds next year, can't see him being left on the board past the early 3rd round. If he's still there for us at #96, it'd be a huge steal IMO.

that would be for the Vikings.. if Hawks go secondary in early rounds, it would likely be at corner

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
R5? If he's around at the end of the 3rd round, he'd be a huge steal.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Deone Buccannon just ran a 4.50 40 thats an outstanding time for his size. I doubt he lasts far into the second round.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Wow! Deone Buccannon with an official 40 time of 4.49. This is a guy I would love to grab if we weren't already loaded at safety. I wonder if he moves up to a late first now.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
So far he's in the top 3 in every measurable so far for safeties. 19 bench reps, 4.49 in the 40yd, 125" broad jump, 36.5" vert.

Still has the agility drills coming up. His biggest knock is his hip fluidity, we'll see if that's true and hurts him on the 3-cone and shuttle runs.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Good 3 cone shuttle too (3rd out of the safeties). He helped himself a lot at the combine.