Am I the only one that hates non-green football fields?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
All of these make me wanna vomit! :pukeface: It's just not right. Maybe I'm being trivial, but some things shouldn't be changed from the traditional. Even the fake fields like ours simulate green grass! In what universe is grass purple, or red etc... Guess I'm just getting old and bitching about things that I swore I would never bitch about when I got older... damn it... Get off my lawn you damn kids! :les:

Color fields 1

Color fields 2

Color fields 3

Color fields 4

Color fields 6

Our own Eastern Washington Eagles!

Color fields 8b

And finally, the worst of the worst... (proposed) *gack*

Color fields EP

Is it just me?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Nope its not just you. It's the same with basketball courts for me. Stop with all those stupid colors and designs (UO) and stick with the light wood

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, dumb idea, especially that plaid one. Nice Spaceballs reference, though. Imagine the netiverse on that one. :229031_shrug:

HawkWow

Reaction score
One can only imagine the elation of Chris Peterson.

I know a ton of people (weight-wise), that won't watch a BSU home game because of that monstrosity of a field. I only watch because I'm sick. With so many people not watching those televised home games, why doesn't ESPN tell Boise State to grown the F up or they won't be further televised?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
BlueThunder":33afhsqo said:
And finally, the worst of the worst... (proposed) *gack*

Color fields EP

Is it just me?

I... I don't think we're going to do that to Tubby Raymond Field. Where did this come from?

BASF

Reaction score
To answer the thread title: not even remotely. I would wager that if they polled football fans everywhere, there would be a landslide of Reagan-Mondale proportions for the natural look. However, blue end zones are cool.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Boise state was cool and it was cool for one reason, it was the only school that did it. Now it's dumb

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I live in Cheney, and I kinda like the red turf with the black end zones. But it is tough to watch with two red teams

cover-2

Reaction score
It is kind of distracting watching teams play on those non-green fields. Green football fields with different colored endzones I kind of like.

I have always liked U of Tennessee endzones.
949572106 f630d872ff z

fenderbender123

Reaction score
HawkWow":26t7zmg9 said:

I know a ton of people (weight-wise), that won't watch a BSU home game because of that monstrosity of a field. I only watch because I'm sick. With so many people not watching those televised home games, why doesn't ESPN tell Boise State to grown the F up or they won't be further televised?

Those viewers are probably canceled out by the viewers who are flipping through the channels and see a blue football field and curiously start watching the game.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I agree. I absolutely hate those fields, esp. when they color match to their uniforms. It is extremely hard to see what is going on that way.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I tried watching a playoff game last year on EWU's field. I got a headache and had to change the channel in the second quarter.

Chapow

Reaction score
I flipped to an EWU game on root sports earlier this season, but didn't watch very long because of the red field. That much red is just harsh on the eyes and very distracting. I don't find blue fields anywhere near as bad as the red fields, the red ones are unwatchable.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Chapow":12or9896 said:
I flipped to an EWU game on root sports earlier this season, but didn't watch very long because of the red field. That much red is just harsh on the eyes and very distracting. I don't find blue fields anywhere near as bad as the red fields, the red ones are unwatchable.

This.

The red field is so damn unbearable, WHY EWU? WHY?!

HawkWow

Reaction score
fenderbender123":29qi6lrc said:
HawkWow":29qi6lrc said:

Those viewers are probably canceled out by the viewers who are flipping through the channels and see a blue football field and curiously start watching the game.

Yeah but they're on acid and won't remember the beer commercials. ESPN loathes such people.

Throwdown

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2d0h9sxn said:
Man, next you guys are going to complain the stadiums are too loud too.

We just don't like loud colors on the turf, keep it dark plz.

Chapow

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":nf77vwjm said:
Man, next you guys are going to complain the stadiums are too loud too.

I think you made a wrong turn at Google, this is Seahawks.net, not 49erswebzone.

Latest posts