Am I the only one that hates non-green football fields?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • All of these make me wanna vomit! :pukeface: It's just not right. Maybe I'm being trivial, but some things shouldn't be changed from the traditional. Even the fake fields like ours simulate green grass! In what universe is grass purple, or red etc... Guess I'm just getting old and bitching about things that I swore I would never bitch about when I got older... damn it... Get off my lawn you damn kids! :les:

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Image

    Our own Eastern Washington Eagles!

    Image

    And finally, the worst of the worst... (proposed) *gack*

    Image

    Is it just me?
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Image

    May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2727
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • Nope its not just you. It's the same with basketball courts for me. Stop with all those stupid colors and designs (UO) and stick with the light wood
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7345
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • Yeah, dumb idea, especially that plaid one. Nice Spaceballs reference, though. Imagine the netiverse on that one. :229031_shrug:
    Last edited by sutz on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10391
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


  • One can only imagine the elation of Chris Peterson.

    I know a ton of people (weight-wise), that won't watch a BSU home game because of that monstrosity of a field. I only watch because I'm sick. With so many people not watching those televised home games, why doesn't ESPN tell Boise State to grown the F up or they won't be further televised?
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6247
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


  • BlueThunder wrote:And finally, the worst of the worst... (proposed) *gack*

    Image

    Is it just me?


    I... I don't think we're going to do that to Tubby Raymond Field. Where did this come from?
    Image
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1412
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • To answer the thread title: not even remotely. I would wager that if they polled football fans everywhere, there would be a landslide of Reagan-Mondale proportions for the natural look. However, blue end zones are cool.
    FIRE CABLE! 6 Home Games 9 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1567
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


  • Boise state was cool and it was cool for one reason, it was the only school that did it. Now it's dumb
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19292
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA



  • I live in Cheney, and I kinda like the red turf with the black end zones. But it is tough to watch with two red teams
    User avatar
    Diezel Dawg
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 342
    Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:50 am


  • It is kind of distracting watching teams play on those non-green fields. Green football fields with different colored endzones I kind of like.

    I have always liked U of Tennessee endzones.
    Image
    cover-2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 542
    Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:47 am


  • HawkWow wrote:One can only imagine the elation of Chris Peterson.

    I know a ton of people (weight-wise), that won't watch a BSU home game because of that monstrosity of a field. I only watch because I'm sick. With so many people not watching those televised home games, why doesn't ESPN tell Boise State to grown the F up or they won't be further televised?


    Those viewers are probably canceled out by the viewers who are flipping through the channels and see a blue football field and curiously start watching the game.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

    - Barbie from Toy Story 3
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2642
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


  • I agree. I absolutely hate those fields, esp. when they color match to their uniforms. It is extremely hard to see what is going on that way.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2095
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm


  • I tried watching a playoff game last year on EWU's field. I got a headache and had to change the channel in the second quarter.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6880
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • I like Boise's and Eastern's field.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    User avatar
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2393
    Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 pm


  • I flipped to an EWU game on root sports earlier this season, but didn't watch very long because of the red field. That much red is just harsh on the eyes and very distracting. I don't find blue fields anywhere near as bad as the red fields, the red ones are unwatchable.
    Marshawn Lynch wrote:yeah
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1319
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


  • Chapow wrote:I flipped to an EWU game on root sports earlier this season, but didn't watch very long because of the red field. That much red is just harsh on the eyes and very distracting. I don't find blue fields anywhere near as bad as the red fields, the red ones are unwatchable.


    This.

    The red field is so damn unbearable, WHY EWU? WHY?!
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19292
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:One can only imagine the elation of Chris Peterson.

    I know a ton of people (weight-wise), that won't watch a BSU home game because of that monstrosity of a field. I only watch because I'm sick. With so many people not watching those televised home games, why doesn't ESPN tell Boise State to grown the F up or they won't be further televised?


    Those viewers are probably canceled out by the viewers who are flipping through the channels and see a blue football field and curiously start watching the game.


    Yeah but they're on acid and won't remember the beer commercials. ESPN loathes such people.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6247
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


  • Man, next you guys are going to complain the stadiums are too loud too.
    User avatar
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 824
    Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:38 am


  • EverydayImRusselin wrote:Man, next you guys are going to complain the stadiums are too loud too.


    We just don't like loud colors on the turf, keep it dark plz.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19292
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • EverydayImRusselin wrote:Man, next you guys are going to complain the stadiums are too loud too.


    I think you made a wrong turn at Google, this is Seahawks.net, not 49erswebzone.
    Marshawn Lynch wrote:yeah
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1319
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm




It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests