Chris Petersen is the new Washington coach

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Volleyball bro.
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• razgriz737 wrote:Image

Nice!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Welcome to a real conference Peterson. I look forward to you getting worked like Gary Patterson, Dan Hawkins, Dirk Koetter, and Kyle Whittingham. No more gimme 8+ win schedules, welcome to the big leagues.

And before any of you get your panties in a bunch, did you know Dirk is the front runner out of all those coaches? The only guy who made the jump up in conference and actually posted a 5-3 conference record. The only guy who ended the season in the top 20 (once). Wow, a whole 5-3 conference record and one top 20. LMAO @ Pac-12 and UW
    Last edited by Stoned Cold on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Stoned Cold
    NET Rookie

• Stoned Cold wrote:Welcome to a real conference Peterson. I look forward to you getting worked like Gary Patterson, Dan Hawkins, Dirk Koetter, and Kyle Whittingham. No more gimme 8+ win schedules, welcome to the big leagues.

And before any of you get your panties in a bunch, did you know Dirk is the front runner out of all those coaches? The only guy who made the jump up in conference and actually posted a 5-3 conference record. Wow, a whole 5-3 conference record. LMAO @ Pac-12

Don't forget Urban Meyer (Utah) and Nick Saban (Toledo).
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

• Stoned Cold wrote:Welcome to a real conference Peterson. I look forward to you getting worked like Gary Patterson, Dan Hawkins, Dirk Koetter, and Kyle Whittingham. No more gimme 8+ win schedules, welcome to the big leagues.

And before any of you get your panties in a bunch, did you know Dirk is the front runner out of all those coaches? The only guy who made the jump up in conference and actually posted a 5-3 conference record. The only guy who ended the season in the top 20 (once). Wow, a whole 5-3 conference record and one top 20. LMAO @ Pac-12 and UW

What was the point of this?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:
    Stoned Cold wrote:Welcome to a real conference Peterson. I look forward to you getting worked like Gary Patterson, Dan Hawkins, Dirk Koetter, and Kyle Whittingham. No more gimme 8+ win schedules, welcome to the big leagues.

You can't read? Remember hall monitor I have a right to my opinion :141847_bnono: and just like I told your boy J the Nike Ducks had a gimmick offense and they'd lose to USC....I'm always right. Hate if you wanna hate. As always the SEC OWNS college football!
    Stoned Cold
    NET Rookie

• No ones saying you can't have an opinion, but there's better ways to put than being a jerk...

and isn't the SEC the land of gimmicky offenses?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:No ones saying you can't have an opinion, but there's better ways to put than being a jerk...

and isn't the SEC the land of gimmicky offenses?

I wouldnt say the SEC is known for gimmicky offenses. If anything they are known for that old school smash mouth football ie. Bama and LSU..
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

• Stoned Cold wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:
    Stoned Cold wrote:Welcome to a real conference Peterson. I look forward to you getting worked like Gary Patterson, Dan Hawkins, Dirk Koetter, and Kyle Whittingham. No more gimme 8+ win schedules, welcome to the big leagues.

You can't read? Remember hall monitor I have a right to my opinion :141847_bnono: and just like I told your boy J the Nike Ducks had a gimmick offense and they'd lose to USC....I'm always right. Hate if you wanna hate. As always the SEC OWNS college football!

I forget what happened the last time Petersen went into SEC territory and played a "neutral" game vs UGA in Atlanta?
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Gary Patterson - 109-29
    Dan Hawkins - 53–11 (also had Petersen as his OC - people give a huge portion of the credit for his success at BSU to Coach Pete)
    Dirk Koetter - 26-10
    Kyle Whittingham - 57-20

Chris Petersen - 92-12, 2 national coach of the year awards

He was better then those guys for longer then most of those guys. Patterson and Whittingham both had to deal with having a non-BCS roster in a BCS conference, Petersen has an already stocked roster.
    zifnab32
    NET Rookie

• Stoned Cold wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:

You sound really angry and cynical. I hope life gets better for you, bro.
    Crabhawk
    NET Rookie

• JSeahawks wrote:My memory is not good enough to consider University Washington as a champion in anything except rowing.

Yet Oregon champions in....what?
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Spounge84 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:My memory is not good enough to consider University Washington as a champion in anything except rowing.

Fashion.
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

Hmm...the list of coaches who "made the jump up in conference" include:

Bobby Bowden - Samford
    Frank Beamer - Murray State
    Lou Holtz - William & Mary
    Mack Brown - Appalachian State
    Woody Hayes - Miami (OH)
    Bo Schmbechler - Miami (OH)
    Jim Tressell - Youngstown State
    Brian Kelly - Central Michigan
    etc, etc, etc, etc,

Troll.
    drrew
    NET Starter

• Spounge84 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:My memory is not good enough to consider University Washington as a champion in anything except rowing.

I don't see anybody bragging about Oregon championships.

Btw, hearing that Tuiasasopo might be heading to USC. Pretty weird since he was named interim head coach.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    Spounge84 wrote:

I don't see anybody bragging about Oregon championships.

Btw, hearing that Tuiasasopo might be heading to USC. Pretty weird since he was named interim head coach.

Maybe the In 'n Out after fighting hunger?
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• dopeboy206 wrote:When is Petersen's press conference?

3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I was curious today on some info and decided to look up BSU alum in the NFL. Here is a complete list.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/b

That's 18 players in the NFL for BSU. The only one's prior to Petersen's tenure are Colledge and Mikell. This is what he was able to do with widely overlooked recruits. I think this is going to turn out to be a genius move for UW. It pains me as a BSU fan, but the UW fan in me thinks he could be there for decades. Also heard BSU might get Koetter back and that would salve some of the wounds for sure.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• The other coach pete has got me all excited n stuff.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Realdawg.com ‏@Realdawg247 34m
    Boise sources reporting that Justin Wilcox is interviewing for Boise State job tomorrow @Scott_Schrader thanks for heads up #huskies
    Retweeted by Aaron Levine
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Great presser.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Former Boise State assistant Bryan Harsin, after one season as coach at Arkansas State, has accepted an offer to replace Chris Petersen as coach of the Broncos, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... te-broncos

Wilcox staying or to USC?
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• dontbelikethat wrote:
    Former Boise State assistant Bryan Harsin, after one season as coach at Arkansas State, has accepted an offer to replace Chris Petersen as coach of the Broncos, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... te-broncos

Wilcox staying or to USC?

I thought someone said USC balked at paying his $1M buyout fee. I don't think anyone knows for sure yet where he'll end up.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• Can't imagine that a $1 million buyout is that big of a deal to USC. Boise is going to pay almost double than that to get Harsin out of his contract with Arkansas State.

This will be up to Wilcox IMO.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:Can't imagine that a $1 million buyout is that big of a deal to USC. Boise is going to pay almost double than that to get Harsin out of his contract with Arkansas State.

BSU is getting a head coach not a DC. It is also offset by the 750k they got for Petersen. Anyone know if USC had to pay a buyout for Sark?
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• EverydayImRusselin wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:Can't imagine that a $1 million buyout is that big of a deal to USC. Boise is going to pay almost double than that to get Harsin out of his contract with Arkansas State.

BSU is getting a head coach not a DC. It is also offset by the 750k they got for Petersen. Anyone know if USC had to pay a buyout for Sark?

Yeah, but it's Boise vs. USC. $1 million is a drop in the bucket to them for a coveted DC. USC will pay him more than that in annual salary.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• EverydayImRusselin wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:Can't imagine that a $1 million buyout is that big of a deal to USC. Boise is going to pay almost double than that to get Harsin out of his contract with Arkansas State.

1.5 million paid by he or SC for not completing the third year of current contract.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• I think a lot of the Wilcox musings are predicated on an assumption that he wants to go to USC. I'm not sure that is the case and it seems like if he's leaving, it's for an HC job. USC has a pretty decent DC right now, by the way. The $1million buyout would end up working out to quite a bit more than that. There's a good fan post on UW Dawg Pound explaining how buyouts are considered earned income and therefore taxable and added to the buyout total. Additionally there were reports last week that USC had already balked at paying the $1million, which, if I understand correctly, is high for a coordinator.

Based on the three assistants that followed Sark to USC, it seems like they were presented with a take it or leave it offer. Coaching shake ups are precarious for assistants because their salaries are dramatically lower than the HC, so their risk is proportionately higher. If the new HC brings "their guys" in and you are forced out, you might be out of work for some time. It was a good opportunity for the three that left.

My feeling, which is just as much speculation as everything else right now, is that Wilcox is being given latitude to interview for HC jobs. In the event that doesn't work out for him this year, I think he will be back at UW, based on his established relationship with Coach Pete and the staff he's bringing over.

And I've probably just jinxed it and within an hour he will be announced as the DC at USC :(
    Crabhawk
    NET Rookie

• According to twitter an Oregon commit is being recruited by Tosh Lupoi for USC. On my phone, don't have a link.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Now Tosh is saying that is untrue and ridiculous. But I think we've learned by now to not necessarily take coaches for their word, lol.

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• razgriz737 wrote:Now Tosh is saying that is untrue and ridiculous. But I think we've learned by now to not necessarily take coaches for their word, lol.

The writer for 247 literally changed the wording in the quote from:

"I guess USC has kept trying to contact me," Talia said. "They have been talking to my coach but I haven't talked to them. He was saying he talked to coach Lupoi about me too. It doesn't matter, I'm not talking to anyone but Oregon."

to this changed quote:

"I guess USC has kept trying to contact me," Talia said. "They have been talking to my coach but I haven't talked to them. He was saying he talked to coach Lupoi but he was talking about him going to USC and he wants me there."

Amazing example of journalism
    zifnab32
    NET Rookie

• razgriz737 wrote:Now Tosh is saying that is untrue and ridiculous. But I think we've learned by now to not necessarily take coaches for their word, lol.

Yeah, at one point the rumor mill was that Petersen was being interviewed Friday. Then it was Thursday. Then he'd declined. Then he'd accepted. I'll just wait and see.

That said, I would not be shocked if Tosh were recruiting for USC.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• Another kid, can't remember his name at the moment... Pelion or something like that... Just commited to USC yesterday. Tosh was his main recruiter to uw and he had previously said he wouldn't be making a decision until he knew what was going to happen with tosh. I don't know the facts of what's going on but seems to be a lot of smoke about tosh being a slimeball.... Again.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Coach Prince was the OC for Boise the last two years and Bronco fans are praying on their knees he leaves and goes to Udub. Udub fans are sacrificing babies to Satan to ward Prince away from Seattle.

Apparently, he would be welcome being sucked into a singularity.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• dutchcoug wrote:Fast forward two years and UW fans will be calling for him to be fired. The way of mutt fan...

I under estimated, less than one year.
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

• dutchcoug wrote:
    dutchcoug wrote:Fast forward two years and UW fans will be calling for him to be fired. The way of mutt fan...

I under estimated, less than one year.

No serious person is calling for Petersen to be fired.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Peterson is as bad as I thought he would be. He benefited at Boise State Trucking School by taking the talented kids that couldn't get into any legit academic institution (except maybe North Carolina).

I understand that WSU has been downright terrible this year and took a step back but I still have faith that this was just a hiccup and we will have a big rebound next year. But I feel good about an Apple Cup victory this year.

How much better is UW than WSU this year, really? UW has 6 total wins, WSU has 3. So in the offset, UW would be a no-brainer.

But 4 their wins come from Hawaii (1 point win against a 3-8 Mountain West team), Eastern Washington (7 point win against a lower division team), Illinois (4-6 Big Ten team) and Georgia State (1-9 Sun Belt team and were losing to at halftime 14-0). Then the Conference wins, Cal (a team WSU lost to by 1 point because they missed a 19 yard FG at the end of the game) and Colorado (come on, everyone beats Colorado).

WSU lost an opener to Rutgers due to a muffed punt towards the end of the game and the aforementioned missed 19 yard Field Goal again Cal. Two small mistakes that, if not made, would give WSU 2 more wins. Don't forget WSU's two Pac-12 wins are on the road. They beat a nationally ranked Utah team and Oregon State with the #2 QB.

I'll take Leach over Peterson any day. And Luke Falk over any UW QB.
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

• dutchcoug wrote:Peterson is as bad as I thought he would be. He benefited at Boise State Trucking School by taking the talented kids that couldn't get into any legit academic institution (except maybe North Carolina).

I understand that WSU has been downright terrible this year and took a step back but I still have faith that this was just a hiccup and we will have a big rebound next year. But I feel good about an Apple Cup victory this year.

How much better is UW than WSU this year, really? UW has 6 total wins, WSU has 3. So in the offset, UW would be a no-brainer.

But 4 their wins come from Hawaii (1 point win against a 3-8 Mountain West team), Eastern Washington (7 point win against a lower division team), Illinois (4-6 Big Ten team) and Georgia State (1-9 Sun Belt team and were losing to at halftime 14-0). Then the Conference wins, Cal (a team WSU lost to by 1 point because they missed a 19 yard FG at the end of the game) and Colorado (come on, everyone beats Colorado).

WSU lost an opener to Rutgers due to a muffed punt towards the end of the game and the aforementioned missed 19 yard Field Goal again Cal. Two small mistakes that, if not made, would give WSU 2 more wins. Don't forget WSU's two Pac-12 wins are on the road. They beat a nationally ranked Utah team and Oregon State with the #2 QB.

This is all wishful thinking.

How bad will you feel when this rebuilding team with a first-year coach crushes you? Enjoy 3-10.

:0190l:
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Dutch coug he is good...
    What the cougs need is the same thing. Someone that good. And we do have it....just give him time. :shock:
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    Gollum had a ring...Bilbo took it...Frodo had it...Gollum got it back.
    Gollum never had OUR ring.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    dutchcoug wrote:Peterson is as bad as I thought he would be. He benefited at Boise State Trucking School by taking the talented kids that couldn't get into any legit academic institution (except maybe North Carolina).

How bad will you feel when this rebuilding team with a first-year coach crushes you? Enjoy 3-10.

How is that wishful thinking? Most of what I said was facts. Or are delusional mutt fans thinking they blew out top teams for their 6 wins?
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

• dutchcoug wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:
    dutchcoug wrote:Peterson is as bad as I thought he would be. He benefited at Boise State Trucking School by taking the talented kids that couldn't get into any legit academic institution (except maybe North Carolina).

How is that wishful thinking? Most of what I said was facts. Or are delusional mutt fans thinking they blew out top teams for their 6 wins?

Again, have fun in two weeks when we blow you out.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2014 wrote:
    dutchcoug wrote:
    hawknation2014 wrote:

Again, have fun in two weeks when we blow you out.

How again do you sound different than a 49er's fan?

\\\\
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

• dutchcoug wrote:
    How again do you sound different than a 49er's fan?

\\\\

It sounds different because no respectable Seahawks fan would brag about being 3-7 (going on 3-9).

Nor would they ever try to rub a 1-point loss in the faces of a rival who just lost to a team on the road that beat your team by 22 . . . at your pathetic stadium.
    hawknation2014
    NET Veteran

• Calling Martin Stadium a "pathetic stadium" does sound a bit juvenile but I'll give you a pass. Just tell me which of your wins was a quality win and I'll shut up.
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information