Chris Petersen is the new Washington coach

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13

• YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Ahhhh
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Dammit, man — I wanted that thread to reach at least 200 posts first!!!

Congrats, Huskies fans.

Hang tough, Boise State fans. It isn't the end of the world. All good things must come to an end.
    Rotten, tu d'accord?
    rottweiler
    NET Rookie

• More from Schad:

"Chris Petersen is ready for a new challenge and views the professional and family timing and UW destination as the perfect next step"
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• The BCS playoff picture over the course of the next five years just got a whole bunch hazier today.

This shakes things up, bigtime.
    Rotten, tu d'accord?
    rottweiler
    NET Rookie

• Instantly a top 2 or 3 coach in the Pac-12. Love how after the dust all settles, we ended up on top. Great hire.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, this most definitely is the real deal:

ESPN is flashing it as breaking news scrolling across the bottom of the tv at this very second we write.

God bless Chris Petersen and his family.
    Rotten, tu d'accord?
    rottweiler
    NET Rookie

• Can't begin to tell you how happy I am about this hire, thank you Sark for what looks like an upgrade.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:Can't begin to tell you how happy I am about this hire, thank you Sark for what is a slam dunk upgrade.

Fixed that for you
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

• This is definitely a great hire. Give him two years and they will be top 10 or top 5 team in country if not higher
    Diezel Dawg
    NET Rookie

• Would be interesting to hear what Warren Moon, Michael Jackson, Tui, Mark Brunell, Corey Dillon, Lawyer Milloy and Damon Huard — among a whole bunch of others — have to say about this hire.

Bet they're diggin' it.

We all know Brock Huard can't wait to talk about this today on ESPN's College Football Live.
    Rotten, tu d'accord?
    rottweiler
    NET Rookie

• Great hire, IMO. Happy for the program
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

• Diezel Dawg wrote:This is definitely a great hire. Give him two years and they will be top 10 or top 5 team in country if not higher

He's walking into a situation with 3 top 20 recruiting classes (or so I've read), he better have success right away.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I wanted Petrino but this is definitely an upgrade.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• So who on the Boise state staff is coming with him?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Does Wilcox maybe stay is what I'm wondering.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Bump.
    Rotten, tu d'accord?
    rottweiler
    NET Rookie

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:Does Wilcox maybe stay is what I'm wondering.

Your wondering and I'm hoping
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I'm excited....I really am.

But I have a legit question - How do we know Petersen is going to be different than Koetter and Hawkins?
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Peterson being Hawkins offensive coordinator was a big reason for his success at Boise State.

Koetter didn't have near his level of success at Boise State so I am not sure they are comparable.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• :0190l:
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• Great hire. Congrats to the Dawgs. The guy is a great strategist.
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    Thunderhawk
    NET Starter

• dopeboy206 wrote:Do not bring their OC Prince...From reading their message board on scout their fans don't think too highly of him..

Team message boards are the worst place to get a valuable impression of reality. I use .net as exhibit A.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• dopeboy206 wrote:Do not bring their OC Prince...From reading their message board on scout their fans don't think too highly of him..

Everyone at my work is scared they will promote him to HC now. I am too.

Here's a story for you. I went to Cabo San Lucas a few years ago and was staying at this resort. The wife and I were sitting in a hot tub and an older couple joined us. The guy starts talking to me and asks where we're from and we say Boise. He says he's a CBS radio guy in Vegas and he really likes BSU and then he tells me he used to play for Oregon State and he was on the only Beaver team to beat USC & OJ Simpson. Then he says he's a booster and he gets to help OSU interview coaches. Back when OSU resigned Reilly, they interviewed Hawkins. He said Hawkins was a terrible interview and all Hawkins kept talking about was his OC Petersen. Petersen was the guy that made his offense run.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• Bump.
    Rotten, tu d'accord?
    rottweiler
    NET Rookie

• EverydayImRusselin wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:Do not bring their OC Prince...From reading their message board on scout their fans don't think too highly of him..

Here's a story for you. I went to Cabo San Lucas a few years ago and was staying at this resort. The wife and I were sitting in a hot tub and an older couple joined us. The guy starts talking to me and asks where we're from and we say Boise. He says he's a CBS radio guy in Vegas and he really likes BSU and then he tells me he used to play for Oregon State and he was on the only Beaver team to beat USC & OJ Simpson. Then he says he's a booster and he gets to help OSU interview coaches. Back when OSU resigned Reilly, they interviewed Hawkins. He said Hawkins was a terrible interview and all Hawkins kept talking about was his OC Petersen. Petersen was the guy that made his offense run.

Just curious whats wrong with Prince?
    dopeboy206
    NET Starter

• dopeboy206 wrote:Why bump? With this awesome hire this thread was going to bump itself

As a courtesy, because I had just made another post on my old thread with the poll, and didn't want it to be at the top of the board consequently.

Old-school Internet etiquette, really.
    Rotten, tu d'accord?
    rottweiler
    NET Rookie

• rottweiler wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:Why bump? With this awesome hire this thread was going to bump itself

As a courtesy, because I had just made another post on my old thread with the poll, and didn't want it to be at the top of the board consequently.

Old-school Internet etiquette, really.

Oh word. I can dig it
    dopeboy206
    NET Starter

• dopeboy206 wrote:
    EverydayImRusselin wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:Do not bring their OC Prince...From reading their message board on scout their fans don't think too highly of him..

Just curious whats wrong with Prince?

He's been the playcaller here for the last two years and he's wildly predictable. Watching the games you can guess exactly what play he's going to call probably 50% of the time. He doesn't ever seem to learn or adapt anything. Maybe given time he could improve but I haven't seen anything from him that makes me excited.

I'll add, I grew up a Husky (lived in kent until I was 21) then I moved to Boise to go to BSU and have stayed here. I'm a fan of both teams. But if prince goes to UW, that's not good. I'd prefer Pete called his own plays at UW. It makes a huge difference.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• I really thought Mora would be the guy.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Thanks, Haden!

Love the hire. I didn't think Mora was the right guy (as I said before he extended with UCLA). Unbelievable how this all worked out. I'm pumped.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:I really thought Mora would be the guy.

He could have been, his success so fast at UCLA and the lambasting he got for his tenure as the Seahawks head coach probably soured things a bit here. Not so much his allegiance to the Huskies, but it's all of us fans. He's a Mora and they seem to hold onto things a while.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• One thing that seems high in Petersons desires is being able to be low key and out of the spotlight, this is a perfect place for that. James was the Dawgfather but talk about being able to stay on the fringes of media access he was great at it, closed practices and total football focus. Not sure is Peterson will go to that degree after the Sark opened everything up era but it's easy to be un noticed here. Especially with the Seahawks in the limelight now.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Well...crap. Looks like Husky fans are going to have a lot to enjoy over the next few years.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Steve Sarkisian is now the only coach in the entire Pac 12 to have never won 9 games in a single season.
    drrew
    NET Starter

• Good hire. If I were a Husky fan he would have been my first choice.

I wonder if Wilcox gets the head coaching gig at Boise St now?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• So happy about this hire....a perfect ending to come up with a coach who can take us to the 'next' level!!! The Huskies are better today than they were a week ago..... :)
    "I didn't do anything...i just headbutted him!"
    purpleworld
    NET Starter

• Just read that it was a done deal last night but Peterson asked to speak to his team this morning before it was announced. What a drastic difference already.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:Just read that it was a done deal last night but Peterson asked to speak to his team this morning before it was announced. What a drastic difference already.

Last night? I thought news broke out this morning? Are u thinking he might change his mind?
    dopeboy206
    NET Starter

• dopeboy206 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:Just read that it was a done deal last night but Peterson asked to speak to his team this morning before it was announced. What a drastic difference already.

Last night? I thought news broke out this morning? Are u thinking he might change his mind?

That's my point he agreed to this last night but didn't want his players at Boise finding out on ESPN the way thst UW players found out Sark was. Then Sark says he didn't interview. Blah blah blah. The way Peterson handled it with BSU and UW was 100% better than SC and Sark handled theirs.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:Just read that it was a done deal last night but Peterson asked to speak to his team this morning before it was announced. What a drastic difference already.

That's my point he agreed to this last night but didn't want his players at Boise finding out on ESPN the way thst UW players found out Sark was. Then Sark says he didn't interview. Blah blah blah. The way Peterson handled it with BSU and UW was 100% better than SC and Sark handled theirs.

The more and more I read about Petersen the more I respect the guy. The man is all class.
    dopeboy206
    NET Starter

• I LOVE this move! Well done UW and Chris Petersen.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• Hell yeah! Great hire!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Love the hire - great coach. Not as great of a recruiter but if he can keep some of the current asst. staff, they are known as really good recruiters and can help the process. The Huskies just got significantly better without firing a sitting coach. Thank you USC!!
    Spleenhawk2.0
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information