Sark Headed to USC

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Sark Headed to USC
Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:03 pm
  • Is Nussmeier the OC in Alabama? He would be nice because at least the focus would be on the right areas - OL/DL. That's what is missing. Price stinks. He's cost the Huskies so many games, it's ridiculous. Wilcox isn't a great loss, IMO. The defense was better but still could have been better (more consistent).

Side note: Duck fans are quacking about how good they are. What happened against Arizona? The Huskies beat them. The Pac-12 have a host of mediocre teams and Oregon/Stanford are starting to come back to that too.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:03 pm
  • Finally, somebody in the local media GETS IT:

http://seattletimes.com/html/budwithers ... 03xml.html
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:54 pm
  • I think the Huskies have found their man:

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:12 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I think the Huskies have found their man:

I hate you right now J.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:21 pm
  • Just to add to the rumor mill, John Gruden is in town tonight...
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:16 pm
  • word is mora to UW. Just a rumor. Source is he's meeting with Woodward tonight
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:46 pm
  • I'm honestly surprised at how badly I want Mora
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:10 pm
  • I'm disappointed Sark left, because he effusively talked about how long he wanted to stay here, more so than a guy just providing lip service. However, I hope he does well down at SC, he's a good guy, and I think SC is a good fit for him. College football is better when SC is legit and I hope he takes them back to the level of winning pac 12 titles. I really doubt he ever wins a natty though.

I think the list begins with Mora, its a call you have to make and you have to be ready to spend the money to buy out the contract and pay for the staff he'll want to bring, which are all seasoned, expensive, quality guys. I don't think he leaves UCLA though. I think he'd do well at UW though, his weird combination of oversensitivity and toughness will work in Seattle.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:16 pm
  • feldman now conflicting the sportsboner and collegefootballscoop reports. Says according to a source he's in calif. recruiting.
    This is crazy
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:31 pm
  • Looking back when Mora was our coach....

I was a Husky fan -- that'd put me off big time.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:37 pm
  • davidonmi wrote:feldman now conflicting the sportsboner and collegefootballscoop reports. Says according to a source he's in calif. recruiting.
    This is crazy

Somebody named "SportsBoner" is putting out conflicting/untrue info? Well, I am just shocked.
    GCrow
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:06 pm
  • Good, Sark has been underachieving the last couple of years & he was getting on my nerves.

Is Tank Johnson available?

ImageImage
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:46 pm
  • Man I don't know, but I just have a feeling that this is gonna set Washington back more than it will help.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:47 pm
  • I think this is a bit of an overreaction. There is a chance to be better without Sark.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:48 am
  • Most of those skill players from the best USC teams under Pete weren't so great at the next level. Smith had a very solid career until he trashed his knee. Reggie has had a good career, though never to the level of expectations people had when he was drafted. Byrd didn't make it long. Williams flamed out other than his couple years in Seattle. LenDale had a couple decent years and then disappeared. Dwayne Jarrett never did a thing at the next level. Colbert is a far better coach than he was an NFL receiver. Justin Fargas had a good career until his body broke down.

They were great in college because Pete made them a team and brought out the best in them. Leinart (not Leinert) was the leader of that team and helped bring them all together. He had a fantastic career in college that should not be denigrated based on his lack of NFL success.

I have no idea how Sark will do as USC's head coach. It does feel a bit like Kiffin 2.0, but there are also differences. Sark has had more success as a HC (don't forget just how low the Huskies had gotten before he arrived). He is more mature and handles the media far better. He has a more outgoing personality that college kids respond to well. He also was originally being groomed by Pete as the likely successor for when Pete eventually retired. UW changed all that.

Sark is from L.A. He actually originally went to USC to play baseball and ended up transferring out to play at BYU and be coached by Norm Chow. He's had three stints as offensive assistant, QB coach and then OC at USC under Pete. He truly is going home. And for those who are angry about it, he quite possibly could have left UW after one year to replace Pete. He didn't. He stayed for his initial 2-year contract plus two more years.

Losing Ed O. hurts. He was at USC before Pete and has been a HUGE part of our recruiting success during his two stints as recruiting coordinator and DL coach. Though he is from LA, not L.A., and is a Miami alum, he loves USC as much as anyone. He recently said he'd wanted to coach at USC since he was six years old. I understand why he's hurt, and he obviously has gotten the itch to be a HC again. Unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen at USC. But he will always be a Trojan. As they say, you're a Bruin for four years but a Trojan for life!

Hopefully this will work out for all parties in the end, including UW. Time will tell.

Fight On!
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:45 am
  • NEWS IS BREAKING, only one rumor but it says Mora to UW
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:54 am
  • davidonmi wrote:NEWS IS BREAKING, only one rumor but it says Mora to UW

Hope its true...
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:55 am
  • SOURCE is the associate AD from UCLA. Here we go
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:00 am
  • I think i'm following the wrong people on twitter, I'm not seeing nothing
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:13 am
  • So was listening to the Herd this morning and he had a sports writer from California on today (sorry no clue what his name was). They talked about the hire and the writer made an interesting point.

He said that PC had all his coordinators mock interview every year. He said PC thought part of his job was to put his coordinators in better jobs at all times. He was therefore not surprised that Sark came in and nailed it with the USC guys as he had mock interviewed for that exact job multiple times over.

You can take away from it what you want but it told me that when others try to hold back coordinators (read 49ers that didn't let some interview this year) PC believes that people should always aspire and his job is to mentor them to succed.

Kind of cool
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:15 am
  • Take it for what its worth, could change every five minutes, but this says Mora is staying at UCLA:

http://ucla.scout.com/2/1246329.html

Jim Mora is staying at UCLA, according to good sources close to the football program.
    The UCLA administration met with Mora Monday and he assured them that he's not entertaining any other coaching position and committed to returning to UCLA.

Apparently, Mora and his agent did receive overtures from other programs, but he turned them down, the sources indicated.

Mora's entire staff, too, is committed to returning. Of course, guaranteeing the entire staff will return is a bit dubious, but as of now the staff intends to return.

Mora, according to sources, wanted assurances from UCLA that it intends to increase his staffs salaries.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:20 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Take it for what its worth, could change every five minutes, but this says Mora is staying at UCLA:

http://ucla.scout.com/2/1246329.html

Jim Mora is staying at UCLA, according to good sources close to the football program.
    The UCLA administration met with Mora Monday and he assured them that he's not entertaining any other coaching position and committed to returning to UCLA.

Apparently, Mora and his agent did receive overtures from other programs, but he turned them down, the sources indicated.

Mora's entire staff, too, is committed to returning. Of course, guaranteeing the entire staff will return is a bit dubious, but as of now the staff intends to return.

Mora, according to sources, wanted assurances from UCLA that it intends to increase his staffs salaries.

Makes sense to me.
    Rotten, tu d'accord?
    rottweiler
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:18 am
  • And you should always take a coach at his word especially as it relates to staying!

Sincerely,

Nick Saban
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:27 am
  • mikeak wrote:So was listening to the Herd this morning and he had a sports writer from California on today (sorry no clue what his name was). They talked about the hire and the writer made an interesting point.

He said that PC had all his coordinators mock interview every year. He said PC thought part of his job was to put his coordinators in better jobs at all times. He was therefore not surprised that Sark came in and nailed it with the USC guys as he had mock interviewed for that exact job multiple times over.

You can take away from it what you want but it told me that when others try to hold back coordinators (read 49ers that didn't let some interview this year) PC believes that people should always aspire and his job is to mentor them to succed.

Kind of cool

I both really love that and hate it at the same time lol. Look at it this way though, this thinking helps get the most and best effort from his coaches at all times.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:29 pm
  • I found myself having mixed emotions about Sark's departure last night. Then I listened to his radio interview just minutes prior to packing for SC. I never trusted Sark and my intuition was correct. I am very happy about this *liar's departure. Interesting that Kiffin went into USC lying through his teeth, and now his boyfriend Sark is too. Out of the frying pan, into the fire? Couldn't care less and look forward to the SC faithful ultimately unloading on this lying A-hole.

*Yes, I know lying isn't uncommon in today's world. Especially under his circumstances yesterday. It wasn't as much his unabashed denial as it was the delivery of his denial. The guy is a snake. Good riddance snake.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sark Headed to USC
Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:09 pm
  • mikeak wrote:So was listening to the Herd this morning and he had a sports writer from California on today (sorry no clue what his name was). They talked about the hire and the writer made an interesting point.

Kind of cool

Yep, this is true. I have the audio of one of Pete's corporate speaking gigs from several years ago (it was available on the original version of his website) and he mentioned this. He said he told all his guys that he would do whatever he could to help them get their dream job. The mock interviews were part of that; the rest of the staff provided feedback.

He also said that once they did decide to leave he'd compete like crazy to keep them, and that he always worked to have a plan for what to do when someone left.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information