What is the chance of Auburn jumping OSU in the polls?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • My guess is 75%.

Heck, if they jumped Florida State, I would only be mildly surprised.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Likely...
    kigenzun
    NET Starter

• they aren't jumping FSU. OSU, probably 50%, 60% if they beat Missou
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• We've seen a few times before where a 1 loss team didn't even make their conference championship but still made the BCS title game thanks to the formula. I would be mildly surprised if Auburn beats Missouri and they fail to get in.

Worth noting that if not for a close loss to Notre Dame early in the season, Michigan State would be undefeated themselves. They figure to be the toughest team OSU will have faced all year and they play next weekend. If Michigan State wins that game, there won't be any room for controversy.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:We've seen a few times before where a 1 loss team didn't even make their conference championship but still made the BCS title game thanks to the formula. I would be mildly surprised if Auburn beats Missouri and they fail to get in.

Worth noting that if not for a close loss to Notre Dame early in the season, Michigan State would be undefeated themselves. They figure to be the toughest team OSU will have faced all year and they play next weekend. If Michigan State wins that game, there won't be any room for controversy.

I'm beginning to think that might happen. I think OSU could get exposed against a team they can't run all over
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• Better than decent chance MSU beats OSU. Ohio State have ridden their luck a few times this season already.

Their toughest opponent this year was Wisconsin. The only ranked team they've faced (lets not count Northwestern).

Auburn and Alabama deserve to be above Ohio State.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• ESPN during the nine o'clock EST went all in for Auburn. Putting the label on them as being 'America's Team' and the story they are writing. They had the Auburn AD on and he made the comment that it would be 'un-American' for Auburn not to play for the National Champion pending they win the SEC champion.
    NCstateHAWK3
    NET Practice Squad

• I don't see how they couldn't be on top after beating #1.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• If OSU and FSU win out they will go to the title game. There's never been an undefeated big 5 conference champ who didn't get in over a 1 loss team.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

• EverydayImRusselin wrote:If OSU and FSU win out they will go to the title game. There's never been an undefeated big 5 conference champ who didn't get in over a 1 loss team.

Has the Big 10 ever been this poor?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• The one chance tOSU gets the play somebody, they get leaped by Auburn. Take that Meyer!

Make it so
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Better than decent chance MSU beats OSU. Ohio State have ridden their luck a few times this season already.

Their toughest opponent this year was Wisconsin. The only ranked team they've faced (lets not count Northwestern).

Auburn and Alabama deserve to be above Ohio State.

Hasn't Auburn ridden their luck as well?

I dont see Auburn passing OSU. Im pulling for OSU-FSU... Don't see the need having a one loss team in the championship.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

• tOSU still has to beat MSU. That's hardly a given
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:I don't see how they couldn't be on top after beating #1.

They lost by 14 to LSU. FSU is undefeated.

I'm going with MSU over OSU and think Auburn will pull off another thrilla' vs. Mizzou. Both outstanding match-ups. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:Hasn't Auburn ridden their luck as well?

Against Georgia, sure. But Ohio State rode their luck against teams like Northwestern, Iowa and Wisconsin. They gave up 35 points to Illinois, 34 to California and squeezed past a Michigan team that almost lost to UConn and Akron.

Nothing lucky about Auburn's win over Alabama win for me. That was a great effort and what a way to win it.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• FSU blows out all of them anyway come the title game. No team is as talented as the Seminoles this season.
    FIRE CABLE! 7 Home Games 12 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• FSU's schedule this season has been beyond powder puff.

Duke in the ACC final won't change that either.

In fact just let the SEC & PAC12 champs play each other.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• this is why the BCS is bogus. If things hold the NCG will be B1G vs. ACC. Those are the #4 and #5 conference in america. Is that really what we want
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• NCstateHAWK3 wrote:ESPN during the nine o'clock EST went all in for Auburn. Putting the label on them as being 'America's Team' and the story they are writing. They had the Auburn AD on and he made the comment that it would be 'un-American' for Auburn not to play for the National Champion pending they win the SEC champion.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

And yeah, Mich St could well make it moot.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:FSU's schedule this season has been beyond powder puff.

If ASU wins sure (they at least lost to ranked opponents), but if I was a PAC 12 supporter like 95% of the people on this site, I would be embarrassed that a team that lost to a pair of teams that have a combined 11 losses and barely ever sniffed the rankings is probably going to be my champion. I have been saying all year that the PAC 12 is vastly overrated, and I would say that this bares that out quite well.

If FSU does get Auburn and we blow them out as I am pretty sure we will, the talk is going to be that Auburn had an off day and that the Seminoles wouldn't have defeated a much more talented Alabama team. I wanted Alabama to win to avoid any of the crap that is going to come from FSU being the champs this season.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• BASF wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:FSU's schedule this season has been beyond powder puff.

If FSU does get Auburn and we blow them out as I am pretty sure we will, the talk is going to be that Auburn had an off day and that the Seminoles wouldn't have defeated a much more talented Alabama team. I wanted Alabama to win to avoid any of the crap that is going to come from FSU being the champs this season.

More than likely the talk will be about why their rapist QB should have never seen the field, and that their seems to be a hefty amount of information coming out that the football program runs the university.

college football is getting out of control, and FSU may be the poster of it.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

• When Michigan State wins, all this will be moot anyway when the SEC champ plays FSU.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Uncle Si wrote:More than likely the talk will be about why their rapist QB should have never seen the field, and that their seems to be a hefty amount of information coming out that the football program runs the university.

Two things: not everyone who claims to be raped have in fact been raped; in this country every person is innocent until proven guilty.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• BASF wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:More than likely the talk will be about why their rapist QB should have never seen the field, and that their seems to be a hefty amount of information coming out that the football program runs the university.

Two things: not everyone who claims to be raped have in fact been raped; in this country every person is innocent until proven guilty.

I didnt say he was "guilty". I said that would be the talking point. Do you disagree?

thank you for the constitutional lesson on our nations justice system as well as the definition of sexual assault (i'm sure she just made it up to get attention). College football is exactly what our Founding Fathers would be most proud of if they could see the nation they helped create today.

on second thought, college football would more than likely gloss over the issues at FSU as they typically do everything else.

edit: so Winston wont be charged. that will atleast negate any of the negative and ugly discussions surrounding the BSC game. (I wont get into whether its right/wrong or whatever... that has nothing to do with the topic)
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:When Michigan State wins, all this will be moot anyway when the SEC champ plays FSU.

VERY possible.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• So, looks like Auburn's got a pretty good chance of it... War Eagle!

And yeah, I've got no illusions of Auburn beating FSU. We don't have the defense for it. But I bet we keep it relatively entertaining with Tre Mason and our O-line. Ohio State would have been a slaughter.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm picking Auburn. I think Alabama would have sleepwalked past FSU, and they got beat by Auburn. FSU is so impressive, but how much of that is a boatload of pretender competition?

Winston's a stud, but that QB from Auburn is pretty under-rated, IMO.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Malzahn has Auburn winning the big ones. When you can win big, ugly, pretty and lucky, you have a shot at beating anyone. I didn't think Auburn had the jets to keep up with the Noles, but they do, and their ball control running attack could be the difference. Marshall is very smart with both arm and legs and Mason will have ample time to recover after carrying the rock close to 50 times today.

Conversely, the Noles have a great passing game and also run very well. Auburn isn't your typical SEC D and give up a hella lot of yards (and points).

Should be a great game. But it could look like Auburn vs. the Dux, too.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information