Kyle Van Noy (byu)

lucasmaximuse

Reaction score
so a while back he was high on the draft boards just wondering if a) he still performing and b) would he be a good fit for the seahawks

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
His play has dropped off a bit this year but when you have an outstanding year prior that's only natural. He's likely finding himself in the mid second round at the moment.

As for a fit with the Seahawks, he could fit absolutely but that'd mean only three of Van Noy, Wagner, Wright or Irvin could be lining up. Better to use that pick for someone who can contribute if not straight away then develop in a solid backup to be a future starter.

OP
OP
L

lucasmaximuse

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, i wonder if we did draft him we would see more 3-4 and possible get rid of Avril and his contract to help with the other big re-signings

kearly

Reaction score
He had 3 sacks against Georgia Tech, but just 1 in all other games combined.

Dude is a lanky mofo. Listed at 245 pounds, but has the physique of a free safety. He's 6'3" which partially explains it, but dude must have heavy bones or something. He seriously looks like a shrimp out there, even in the small time conference he plays for.

We'll see where he gets drafted. I was never a fan. An undersized "gamer" type from a small conference and hit and miss tape? That usually gets you undrafted, but he had huge games last season and that turned him into a bit of a media creation.

Not saying he's doomed to bust, but he plays too much like a safety for a front seven player I think. His sacks always came against atrocious protection last year.

Then again, put him at MLB and maybe he's another Kiko Alonso. For some positions, intangibles are all you need.