Talk me out of Andrew Jackson, ILB - Western Kentucky

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Dude's a baller, but I just grade players using the ol' eyeball test. How does he project to the NFL, and specifically here in Seattle's scheme?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Never heard of him. Pass!!

(Actually the fact that I've never heard of him probably makes it more likely he'll be a hawk)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Big guy who doesn't play with a great deal of anticipation. Looking at him and comparing him to Kuechly's tape at BC, and there is significant differences in play. Kuechly was excellent at navigating the wash in the LOS. Jackson is pretty poor at that. And he's also a gap guesser. He doesn't flow down the LOS and meet the RB in the hole very well. Gets caught out of position regularly.

I'd say he doesn't really have good instincts for playing MLB. Many times he vacates an area just to have a RB run where he was. Doesn't diagnose plays effectively.

He looks like the best athlete on the field. But he doesn't really produce like it. I wouldn't necessarily want to saddle him with the Aaron Curry label, but his on field awareness is highly questionable.

Maybe a third round guy. Physically impressive. Play ... not so much.

OP
OP
Hawk Finn

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":30d7mqeb said:
Big guy who doesn't play with a great deal of anticipation. Looking at him and comparing him to Kuechly's tape at BC, and there is significant differences in play. Kuechly was excellent at navigating the wash in the LOS. Jackson is pretty poor at that. And he's also a gap guesser. He doesn't flow down the LOS and meet the RB in the hole very well. Gets caught out of position regularly.

I'd say he doesn't really have good instincts for playing MLB. Many times he vacates an area just to have a RB run where he was. Doesn't diagnose plays effectively.

He looks like the best athlete on the field. But he doesn't really produce like it. I wouldn't necessarily want to saddle him with the Aaron Curry label, but his on field awareness is highly questionable.

Maybe a third round guy. Physically impressive. Play ... not so much.

So what are you saying?

rottweiler

Reaction score
Fact: Most guys who play for Bobby Petrino aren't nearly as pro-ready as their agents like to claim they are.

See Brian Brohm. Tyler Wilson. Joe Adams.