Pac 12 Bowling

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Pac 12 Bowling
Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:01 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:Have they said who is going to coach USC yet?

    Clay Helton is the interim coach for the bowl game.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6596
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Pac 12 Bowling
Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:01 pm
  • Just found this info tonight and thought I'd share. The Pac 12 is revamping their bowl agreements in the post-BCS era. Here are the bowl tie-ins starting in 2014.

    Champion: Playoff/Rose Bowl vs. Big Ten
    2nd: Alamo vs. Big 12
    3rd: Holiday vs. Big Ten
    4th: Fight Hunger vs. Big Ten
    5th: Sun vs. ACC
    6th: Las Vegas vs. MWC
    7th: Buffalo Wild Wings vs. Big 12
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6596
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Pac 12 Bowling
Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:19 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Just found this info tonight and thought I'd share. The Pac 12 is revamping their bowl agreements in the post-BCS era. Here are the bowl tie-ins starting in 2014.

    Champion: Playoff/Rose Bowl vs. Big Ten
    2nd: Alamo vs. Big 12
    3rd: Holiday vs. Big Ten
    4th: Fight Hunger vs. Big Ten
    5th: Sun vs. ACC
    6th: Las Vegas vs. MWC
    7th: Buffalo Wild Wings vs. Big 12


    What's the difference from what we already have?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2232
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Pac 12 Bowling
Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:46 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:Just found this info tonight and thought I'd share. The Pac 12 is revamping their bowl agreements in the post-BCS era. Here are the bowl tie-ins starting in 2014.

    Champion: Playoff/Rose Bowl vs. Big Ten
    2nd: Alamo vs. Big 12
    3rd: Holiday vs. Big Ten
    4th: Fight Hunger vs. Big Ten
    5th: Sun vs. ACC
    6th: Las Vegas vs. MWC
    7th: Buffalo Wild Wings vs. Big 12


    What's the difference from what we already have?

    The Holiday is switching from a Big 12 opponent to a Big Ten opponent, the Fight Hunger is switching from BYU/ACC to Big Ten, and they're dropping the New Mexico vs. the MWC for the BWW vs. the Big 12. So the Pac 12 will go from having 2 bowls vs. MWC, 2 vs. Big 12, 1 vs. BYU, 1 vs. ACC & 1 vs. Big Ten to having 3 vs. Big Ten, 2 vs. Big 12, 1 vs. ACC & 1 vs. MWC.

    In short, the Pac 12 will be dropping BYU & 1 MWC matchup for 2 additional Big Ten matchups so they have more nationally intriguing bowl games starting next year.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6596
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Pac 12 Bowling
Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:32 pm
  • You can't polish a turd, and no matter what the bowl games we are tied in do, they are still turds for a BCS confrence. Unti we have two New Year's Day bowl game, it doesn't matter who the bowls pick up. If the PAC is actually calling the shots ( which they aren't so we aren't changing anything) I would hope they could get both the Alamo and holiday bowls to be played on Jan 1.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2232
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Pac 12 Bowling
Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:11 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:You can't polish a turd, and no matter what the bowl games we are tied in do, they are still turds for a BCS confrence. Unti we have two New Year's Day bowl game, it doesn't matter who the bowls pick up. If the PAC is actually calling the shots ( which they aren't so we aren't changing anything) I would hope they could get both the Alamo and holiday bowls to be played on Jan 1.

    They're not going to increase the number of Jan 1 bowl games. The days of flipping channels all day long between eight bowl games on New Year's Day are gone. ESPN and the NCAA aren't going to share their audiences (or ad revenue) between multiple games on different networks.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6596
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Pac 12 Bowling
Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:27 pm
  • The bowls are going to lose their luster anyway since NCAA will be moving to a playoff system. Unless they include some of the bowls as playoff games.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3850
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Pac 12 Bowling
Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:40 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:The bowls are going to lose their luster anyway since NCAA will be moving to a playoff system. Unless they include some of the bowls as playoff games.

    The NCAA will be using bowl games to host the semi-finals of the playoffs. Six bowl games will be rotated every three years (2 per year) starting with the Sugar and Rose next year, followed by the Orange & Cotton then the Fiesta and Chick-Fil-A before going back to the Sugar & Rose.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6596
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD




It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online