I know its early, but look at this mock draft....

calhawkfan

Reaction score
No offense, but I want to see them draft linemen and defensive backs.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
In that scenario, I'd prefer Antonio Richardson over Seferian-Jenkins [in Dane Brugler's Mock], but would be happy with either. Richardson would be a good RT, but a STUD at Guard IMO. His versatility on the line would prove valuable as well as I believe he could play every position except center [LT being a bit iffy, but significantly better than McQ, which isn't saying much]. Get a stud tackle in free agency to play the right side and snag Richardson in the 1st to play guard. When Okung misses time like he always does, the free agent RT moves to LT and Richardson kicks out to RT. Sweezy, Carpenter and Bailey fight for the other starting guard position and throw in one more guard/tackle in the 4th or later depending on who's available for depth/competition.

Only other players I like (if they fall) are Mike Evans & Ra'Shede Hageman, but it'd be hard (personally) to see us pass up on a huge upgrade for the O-Line.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
This will probably be moved to the Draft page....even if we just passed the half way point of the season. However, I'm for an OL player by the 2nd Round.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":40aelv3t said:
This will probably be moved to the Draft page....even if we just passed the half way point of the season. However, I'm for an OL player by the 2nd Round.

Thanks for the heads up :th2thumbs:

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ydttoke said:
TE is the least of our issues, OL or WR plz.
lower than wide receiver? Man I dunno, planter fishtits doesn't go away does it?

kigenzun

Reaction score
Tiny Richardson &/or Gabe Jackson would go a long long way to addressing our current O-Line issues with pass protection.
Both are fantastic prospects for our ZBS. And would be statements that we want to see Russell healthy for many years to come.
WHILE, GETTING BOTH WOULD BE A BORDERLINE-MIRACULOUS DRAFT SCENARIO...personally, I would gladly trade our entire draft to get both these players into camp.

Go Hawks!
:th2thumbs:

CPHawk

Reaction score
My dream draft this year OL, DL interior, WR, TE, DL, OL and of course OL. Shore up the OL and sudden hole in the middle Of our DL and Seattle could be great for the next decade.

Btw when is English going to start his mocks?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
kigenzun":1nk7cgj1 said:
Tiny Richardson &/or Gabe Jackson would go a long long way to addressing our current O-Line issues with pass protection.
Both are fantastic prospects for our ZBS. And would be statements that we want to see Russell healthy for many years to come.
WHILE, GETTING BOTH WOULD BE A BORDERLINE-MIRACULOUS DRAFT SCENARIO...personally, I would gladly trade our entire draft to get both these players into camp.

Go Hawks!
:th2thumbs:

There are a lot of good alternatives to those two players. I wouldn't want us Ditka'ing our draft like that.

A lot can change between November and February. Richardson is currently rated anywhere between 16 and 28 in most mocks/rankings. Once the flood of underclassmen factor in, he could be available to us outright by then. The Senior Bowl also has a good track record for pushing players into the late teens/20s that were considered day 2 prospects.

Personally, I don't expect he'd be our top option for OT anyway even if he were available.

There will be good guards and OT to OG converts to be had in R2-5 not named Jackson. Seattle doesn't have to sell out to improve the competition there from the top down.

Ultimately, these drafts (2013 and 2014) should be about replenishing talent everywhere. Teams have to be able to add cheap talent to allow good but not great talent to walk. That is how teams avoid the boom/bust cycles of competitive caliber. Players who fit this bill would be guys typically described as 'We'd like to keep xxx'. Players like Chancellor, Browner, Tate, Irvin, Bennett, Baldwin etc. If you can't let many of those guys walk, you can't keep the critical core together.

Seattle could well face another draft where they are drafting future cap replacements and not day 1 starters. It's a good position to be in, because it allows teams flexibility in adding talent that will matter. Certainly when it comes time for Carpenter and Sweezy to get their second deals, we'd like to be in a position we can let them test the UFA waters. But they aren't the only ones we need succession players for.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I am simply thinking if we can draft Jackson & Richardson as solid pass protectors: A) we keep our franchise quarterback healthy, B) we allow McQ and Breno to walk and pay that money to Tate & ETIII, and C) adding young depth to the O-Line could really, IMO, be the key to being competetitive for a long time.

Other options that could trim salarycap & add young depth would be: Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee to replace either Brandon Mebane or Red Bryant.
or Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina/Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, TE, Washington to replace Zach Miller.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The only way I see us going TE is if it's ASJ. I love my man Money Miller, but his days might be numbered (at his salary / health) and there is no way Ebron can replace Miller. ASJ's ridiculous size will help him with his learning curve, and used correctly, can also bring the same game Ebron brings...at like 30 lbs heavier...3" taller (IIRC). Plus, he's the hometown boy and that should matter, if ever so slightly. First rd guards are now en vogue, but we don't need a first rd guard and I don't see any tackle, of value, when we first pick. I'd go ASJ, O-line, WR.

cover-2

Reaction score
kigenzun":14xtk02a said:
I am simply thinking if we can draft Jackson & Richardson as solid pass protectors: A) we keep our franchise quarterback healthy, B) we allow McQ and Breno to walk and pay that money to Tate & ETIII, and C) adding young depth to the O-Line could really, IMO, be the key to being competetitive for a long time.

Other options that could trim salarycap & add young depth would be: Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee to replace either Brandon Mebane or Red Bryant.
or Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina/Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, TE, Washington to replace Zach Miller.

Going Richardson & Jackson would be similar to the 49ers going (OT) Anthony Davis (OG) Mike Iupati in the 2010 draft. While at this point I don't know if it is possible for us to draft both of those players, but I wouldn't be angry come draft day if we landed those two o-lineman.

Ebron I think won't be available when we select but ASJ hopefully will be available, two TE sets all day long (ASJ & Luke Wilson) is cool with me. McCullers IMO is a late round prospect. Yes, the guy is an enormous DT, but he is not going to make plays down the line of scrimmage/not a chase and hustle player. He is basically just a big dude that will not make plays outside his immediate/stationary area. Similar player to last years Georgia (DT) Kwame Geathers, who went undrafted. I thought Geathers was a late round prospect last year and as of now I think the same of McCullers. If U of Washington DT Danny Shelton, 6-1 327 lbs., declares for the draft, then he would be a nice prospect to replace Mebane if we did cut Bane. Shelton is a 2nd -4th round prospect at this point.

Here is big D. Shelton.
UW IdahoSt 29 620x340
8.jpg

1056436.jpg

Here is one of his highlights.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9702816