Kareem Martin- North Carolina DE

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
He's a 6'5 265 pound DE that can kick inside to DT in nickel situations. He has a NFL ready Frame and he has the most important quality in a pass rusher a quick first step. He needs to add more power to his game but that can be developed. To me he is a Jason Jones type player that would work well with Michael Bennett. the seahawks should snag him

cover-2

Reaction score
No thanks. He is a low effort player (low motor), and the times I have watched him he just looks like he gives up on a play way too quickly. I wouldn't take him in the first three rounds in the draft. He was a player I was interested before the season, Martin was a highly recruited player, even when I watched him during UNC spring practice/game he just didn't play hard. He has a nice first step, but not elite, good size and length. He plays too passive to be on the defensive side of the ball.

I think Martin will follow the same route as a few other former UNC defensive lineman...Bust. Former UNC (DT) Kentwan Balmer (49ers, 2008 1st round) who I believe is no longer in the NFL. Former UNC (DT) Marvin Austin (Giants, 2011 2nd round) no longer with Giants and cut from the Dolphins a couple of days ago. Former UNC (DE) Quinton Coples (Jets, 2012 1st round) had a nice rookie season, this year he as moved to OLB in a 3-4 and may be moved back to the d-line as a backup to Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson.

Red Beard

Reaction score
In what round are you referring to snagging him in? Anything before the end of the 4th and I'll be disappointed.