Oregon and Nebraska 2016-2017

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Oregon and Nebraska 2016-2017
Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:43 am
  • Oregon and Nebraska schedule home and away series for 2016 and 2017. Hopefully it will provide the tougher OOC game(s) Oregon seems to lack. Hopefully they don't back out like the top 5 team they had scheduled last year did.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... -2016-2017
    JGreen79
    NET Starter

Re: Oregon and Nebraska 2016-2017
Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:44 am
  • Oregon lacks a tough OOC schedule because teams agree to play them and then bow out. See Kansas State last year. Texas A&M scheduled against UO, then said NOOOOPE. Hopefully Nebraska honors this agreement.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:58 am
  • There were rumors about a&m canceling but they turned out to be false. As of today those games are still scheduled. Over the next 8 years the ducks have home and home matchups with Michigan state, Nebraska, Texas a&m and Ohio state. And also have Virginia coming to Eugene.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:03 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:There were rumors about a&m canceling but they turned out to be false. As of today those games are still scheduled. Over the next 8 years the ducks have home and home matchups with Michigan state, Nebraska, Texas a&m and Ohio state. And also have Virginia coming to Eugene.

Ah, I hadn't heard that. I am corrected.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:10 am
  • After traveling to Knoxville a few years ago I cannot wait for this.. Plus I have a buddy who's a Husker alum that I'm sure will be there with me. Cannot wait. First thing first though, East Lansing next year.
    jhern87
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:48 pm
  • Nebraska? A tough OOC opponent? Maybe in the 90's
    Oregon would do them worse than us! They might actually have a real QB by then though. Anybody know Bo Pelini's status w/ the team? He's a lock for the next 4 or 5 years?
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:50 pm
  • By then Oregon and Nebraska will be in their rightful places in terms of how good their programs are.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:24 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:By then Oregon and Nebraska will be in their rightful places in terms of how good their programs are.

Yup, UO will be on top with their boot firmly on UW throats. Oh wait that's where UO is right now, so I guess nothing will have changed.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:26 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:By then Oregon and Nebraska will be in their rightful places in terms of how good their programs are.

Yup, UO will be on top with their boot firmly on UW throats. Oh wait that's where UO is right now, so I guess nothing will have changed.

If my math is correct the streak will be up to 13 and 14 by that time.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:02 pm
  • Pelini is not doing as well as I thought he might. I think he overcoaches a bit. I'd be surprise if he's still there when this game rolls around. They are in a permanent holding pattern with him right now. They aren't dangerous at all.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:12 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:Pelini is not doing as well as I thought he might. I think he overcoaches a bit. I'd be surprise if he's still there when this game rolls around. They are in a permanent holding pattern with him right now. They aren't dangerous at all.

Perfect non conference opponent. They're a "name" but not really a threat. (at least if Oregon is still on that same level by that time). A lot of Duck fans think our offensive coordinator Scott Frost might be Nebraska's next head coach, which could add a layer of interest to these games.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:17 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:By then Oregon and Nebraska will be in their rightful places in terms of how good their programs are.

That streak means a lot to you doesn't it. We are your Super Bowl and you need to what you have been doing for the last 10 years for about 20 years in a row and mix in the National title you are sorely lacking to even come close to evening things up. All that work and still trailing.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:21 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:

If you attended Oregon, and I don't think you did, your math is likely not correct.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:25 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:
    That streak means a lot to you doesn't it. We are your Super Bowl and you need to what you have been doing for the last 10 years for about 20 years in a row and mix in the National title you are sorely lacking to even come close to evening things up. All that work and still trailing.

Its not our Super bowl. Its a fun game but its no different then Stanford, USC, UCLA or Oregon State.... but definitely bigger then Colorado, Cal, etc, etc. I like the Huskies. They're a fun team to watch. But you're also a fun fan base to poke a stick at. If this were a Los Angelas Seahawks forum i'd probably pretty much ignore the Huskies and poke fun at UCLA or USC.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:26 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:

Its not our Super bowl. Its a fun game but its no different then Stanford, USC, UCLA or Oregon State.... but definitely bigger then Coloroda, Cal, etc, etc. I like the Huskies. They're a fun team to watch. But you're also a fun fan base to poke a stick at. If this were a Los Angelas Seahawks forum i'd probably pretty much ignore the Huskies and poke fun at UCLA or USC.

So you are troll then. Got it.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:27 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:

Its not our Super bowl. Its a fun game but its no different then Stanford, USC, UCLA or Oregon State.... but definitely bigger then Coloroda, Cal, etc, etc. I like the Huskies. They're a fun team to watch. But you're also a fun fan base to poke a stick at. If this were a Los Angelas Seahawks forum i'd probably pretty much ignore the Huskies and poke fun at UCLA or USC.

So you are troll then. Got it.

No. I enjoy back n forth banter with rivals and the main rivals here happen to be UW fans. And its just as fun to get it back as it is to dish it out, so hopefully someday you'll come up with something better then, "oh yea, look at our ancient history!" :)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:49 pm
  • Scott Frost beat the Huskies when he was at Stanford in this sloppy, rainy, mess of a game, went to Nebraska, beat the Huskies in that big game in Seattle when Tui almost lead a big comeback, coaches at Oregon, coordinates the offense that ruins the first UW ESPN gameday experience. I don't think he gets his due as a Husky killer like John Elway did.

I'd like to see him at Nebraska, I'd think he'd bring back some of that inherent toughness that the program had, a lot of it is forced now under Pelini
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:54 pm
  • Yea, I know for a fact that Frost was being groomed as a future head coach by Chip Kelly. In interviews he still calls Nebraska home so If they came calling he'd be gone. Its just a question of whether Nebraska wants to replace Pelini (which they should) and if Frost has enough experience for them yet. I think he's going to be a great head coach someday.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information