Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Clemson vs Florida State
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:13 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Can't wait for this game. Other then Duck games its probably the college football game that i'm most looking forward to this season.

Go 'Noles!

Post subject: Re: Clemson vs Florida State
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:34 pm 
NET Rookie

Thats a good one. Alabama/LSU, LSU/aTm are on my list.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:44 pm 
* NET Moderator *

The Florida State bands war chant is the best song in all of sports.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:49 pm 
*The Prophet*

Jameis Winston ... the next big QB? The kid looks good.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:05 pm 
*The Prophet*

Jameis Windton ... teaching Taj Boyd how to play QB. And he is only a freshman?
I think the Heisman Trophy will be close this year. Mariota, Mannion, Winston, Manziel(?).

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Jimbo has done an outstanding job rebuilding this FSU program. Took over a program that lacked discipline and conditioning and has rebuilt it into an absolute power. All that was missing was a qb, now he has one.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:04 pm 
NET Veteran

There was soooo much NFL talent on that field tonight.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:17 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

OK, so someone talk me down from the "FSU will get voted into the B(C)S Championship game over Oregon if both are undefeated" ledge. Please. I just see so much east coast bias in college football, even more than the five, 10 AM Seahawk games NFL, I just brace myself for this kind of shit every season.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:41 pm 
* NET Philistine *

hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
OK, so someone talk me down from the "FSU will get voted into the B(C)S Championship game over Oregon if both are undefeated" ledge. Please. I just see so much east coast bias in college football, even more than the five, 10 AM Seahawk games NFL, I just brace myself for this kind of shit every season.

If Oregon wins out over UCLA and Stanford (and possibly ASU), then their computer numbers should be enough to overcome a drop to 3rd place which I would also find unlikely in that event.

I would really like to see FSU v Oregon in the National Championship this year, actually. And it might happen because I think the SEC isn't as strong as year's past and will eat its own.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:16 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

Sarlacc83 wrote:
hawksfansinceday1 wrote:

If Oregon wins out over UCLA and Stanford (and possibly ASU), then their computer numbers should be enough to overcome a drop to 3rd place which I would also find unlikely in that event.

I would really like to see FSU v Oregon in the National Championship this year, actually. And it might happen because I think the SEC isn't as strong as year's past and will eat its own.

Hope you're correct. The Stanford loss to Utah hurt their strength of schedule. I'm sure everyone now knows they are third in the initial B(C)S rankings that were released today. I do hope they are able to win out and overcome being #3 at present. I so badly want a Northwest team to win a championship. Hasn't happened since the Huskies in '91. Of course if the damned playoffs were starting this year it wouldn't matter cuz they'd for sure be one of the top four.

To the barren lands

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]