Washington @ Arizona State

SeatownJay

Reaction score
This may be the game that defines Washington's season. Can Sark get this team to regroup after two losses to go on the road and beat a good team? If the Huskies lose this one, Sark's coaching seat is gonna start to get a little warm I think. With road games against UCLA and Oregon State still to come, it's possible this team could end the regular season at 7-5 after starting 4-0.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I agree with you that its going to be a really interesting game. ASU is no joke. Love Will Sutton. Normally I would say UW wins, but we'll see what their psyche is like.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
So, here's the thing. We have Will Sutton, Alden Darby, Carl Bradford, and pretty much garbage on defense. Washington should put up 30+ on us.

On offense, we have lots of talent, but strangely, they have gone really quiet at times against actual football programs like Wisky, Stanford, and Notre Dame. Whole halves have been like watching Oregon play offense except if Oregon sucked. Marion Grice hasn't had many holes this year, either. But the big thing is that you HAVE to be able to cover our backs running routes out of the backfield or split wide. Grice, Foster, and Lewis are all legitimately awesome pass catchers. When our backs are getting into the passing game, that's when the offense gets kicking. Take them out of it, and you can stop Grice on the ground and Taylor Kelly turns back into a pumpkin.

davidonmi

Reaction score
we have more talent than ASU, at the same time we are 6-16 on the road in the sark era. the line is ASU minus 3. It'll come down to the last possession

MLOhawks

Reaction score
we have lost something like 8 games in a row to ASU. For the love of god... can we please break one losing streak this year? Oregon makes me want to punch myself in the face while I sit on a pineapple.

kearly

Reaction score
It's kind of amazing how brutal UW's Pac-12 schedule turned out to be. OSU went from easy win to very tough game. WSU should be a win, but won't be automatic. Then you have UCLA and ASU. Cal is the only cupcake on the list.

7-5 this year wouldn't totally shock me. It's kind of incredible how tough that schedule is. I think it's quite a bit tougher than the schedule the 2008 team faced when they had the toughest schedule in the nation.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
kearly":3vyj8eiy said:
It's kind of amazing how brutal UW's Pac-12 schedule turned out to be. OSU went from easy win to very tough game. WSU should be a win, but won't be automatic. Then you have UCLA and ASU. Cal is the only cupcake on the list.

7-5 this year wouldn't totally shock me. It's kind of incredible how tough that schedule is. I think it's quite a bit tougher than the schedule the 2008 team faced when they had the toughest schedule in the nation.
You're forgetting Colorado, they're an easier cupcake than Cal. That said, if this team really is as good as Sark wants all of us to believe, we should beat ASU tomorrow.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
ASU wins.

UW goes home, gets their 2 easy wins at home to get bowl-eligible. Probably beats OSU, loses to the Cougs again. Another 7-5 season.

Sark gets an extension.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
No way should Sark get an extension if he goes 7-5. There are no excuses for that. 5 years at UW and that's the best you can do? The schedule is no excuse either...if other teams are beating you it's because they are better than you and that's the whole point.

cover-2

Reaction score
The player I'm most intrigued with on Arizona St is sophomore WR Jaelen Strong. His game against USC really caught my attention with the two or three jump balls that he caught when USC DB's were all over him, kind of reminiscent to Larry Fitzgerald's days at the University of Pittsburgh. Although his Stanford game was a bit inconsistent. At 6-4 205 lbs. Strong has good size so it will be interesting to see how he does against the Huskies CB's.

Here is a article on him.
http://www.azfamily.com/sports/spea...U-wide-receiver-Jaelen-Strong--226198621.html

Jaelen+Wisky.JPG

HawkWow

Reaction score
Just as Thursday's game was something of a gut check game for the Hawks, this is definitely gut check time for the Dawgs....and Sark (IMO). I continue to have mixed emotions about our leader. I hope to see him a bit more demonstrative if we continue to be victimized by some of these horrendous calls and non-calls that have influenced at least one outcome thus far this year. Not whining about these calls, they happen, but I am dead tired of his 'gee golly gee, oh well' expression after our kids being royally plunged. He needs to get in someone's ear, for his own job security, if for no other reason. IF we don't see a minimum of 8 wins (with this very good team) I will hope for Sark's departure. Gut check time.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Anyone have a link for this game? Apparently Direct TV will not be showing this pivotal match-up. I have a feeling it's going to be a classic....please help me to see it! I would sure appreciate it.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
When did the Huskies last win in Tempe? Was it that 12 combined turnover slopfest from 2000?

If Sark drops this one, he'll have to win out to keep a flame from being ignited under his seat. This is the biggest game of the year for them. They lose, its yet another midseason three game losing streak, they win, and the critics will shut up for at least a couple weeks.

HawkWow

Reaction score
seahawk2k":37ps4y6z said:
When did the Huskies last win in Tempe? Was it that 12 combined turnover slopfest from 2000?

If Sark drops this one, he'll have to win out to keep a flame from being ignited under his seat. This is the biggest game of the year for them. They lose, its yet another midseason three game losing streak, they win, and the critics will shut up for at least a couple weeks.

Totally agree. This, aside from Stanford, is the most evenly matched opponent we have scheduled (IMO). Being on the road gives ASU the slight edge, which provides a great and fair gauge for us to see what we are really made of. I see it as must win for both Sark and the program. I'm sure ASU feels the same, so may the better team win.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Marcus Peters is a legit, complete CB. I expected to see him in the NFL in a couple years.