Washington @ Arizona State

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Washington @ Arizona State
Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:53 am
  • This may be the game that defines Washington's season. Can Sark get this team to regroup after two losses to go on the road and beat a good team? If the Huskies lose this one, Sark's coaching seat is gonna start to get a little warm I think. With road games against UCLA and Oregon State still to come, it's possible this team could end the regular season at 7-5 after starting 4-0.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: Washington @ Arizona State
Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:05 pm
  • I agree with you that its going to be a really interesting game. ASU is no joke. Love Will Sutton. Normally I would say UW wins, but we'll see what their psyche is like.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:21 pm
  • So, here's the thing. We have Will Sutton, Alden Darby, Carl Bradford, and pretty much garbage on defense. Washington should put up 30+ on us.

On offense, we have lots of talent, but strangely, they have gone really quiet at times against actual football programs like Wisky, Stanford, and Notre Dame. Whole halves have been like watching Oregon play offense except if Oregon sucked. Marion Grice hasn't had many holes this year, either. But the big thing is that you HAVE to be able to cover our backs running routes out of the backfield or split wide. Grice, Foster, and Lewis are all legitimately awesome pass catchers. When our backs are getting into the passing game, that's when the offense gets kicking. Take them out of it, and you can stop Grice on the ground and Taylor Kelly turns back into a pumpkin.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:45 pm
  • we have more talent than ASU, at the same time we are 6-16 on the road in the sark era. the line is ASU minus 3. It'll come down to the last possession
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:34 am
  • we have lost something like 8 games in a row to ASU. For the love of god... can we please break one losing streak this year? Oregon makes me want to punch myself in the face while I sit on a pineapple.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:32 pm
  • It's kind of amazing how brutal UW's Pac-12 schedule turned out to be. OSU went from easy win to very tough game. WSU should be a win, but won't be automatic. Then you have UCLA and ASU. Cal is the only cupcake on the list.

7-5 this year wouldn't totally shock me. It's kind of incredible how tough that schedule is. I think it's quite a bit tougher than the schedule the 2008 team faced when they had the toughest schedule in the nation.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:36 am
  • kearly wrote:It's kind of amazing how brutal UW's Pac-12 schedule turned out to be. OSU went from easy win to very tough game. WSU should be a win, but won't be automatic. Then you have UCLA and ASU. Cal is the only cupcake on the list.

7-5 this year wouldn't totally shock me. It's kind of incredible how tough that schedule is. I think it's quite a bit tougher than the schedule the 2008 team faced when they had the toughest schedule in the nation.

You're forgetting Colorado, they're an easier cupcake than Cal. That said, if this team really is as good as Sark wants all of us to believe, we should beat ASU tomorrow.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:20 am
  • ASU wins.

UW goes home, gets their 2 easy wins at home to get bowl-eligible. Probably beats OSU, loses to the Cougs again. Another 7-5 season.

Sark gets an extension.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:18 am
  • No way should Sark get an extension if he goes 7-5. There are no excuses for that. 5 years at UW and that's the best you can do? The schedule is no excuse either...if other teams are beating you it's because they are better than you and that's the whole point.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:30 am
  • Sark already got one extension through 2015.

http://seattletimes.com/html/huskies/20 ... wfb22.html
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:45 am
  • The player I'm most intrigued with on Arizona St is sophomore WR Jaelen Strong. His game against USC really caught my attention with the two or three jump balls that he caught when USC DB's were all over him, kind of reminiscent to Larry Fitzgerald's days at the University of Pittsburgh. Although his Stanford game was a bit inconsistent. At 6-4 205 lbs. Strong has good size so it will be interesting to see how he does against the Huskies CB's.

Here is a article on him.
    http://www.azfamily.com/sports/speakofthedevils/QA-with-ASU-wide-receiver-Jaelen-Strong--226198621.html

cover-2
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:17 am
  • Just as Thursday's game was something of a gut check game for the Hawks, this is definitely gut check time for the Dawgs....and Sark (IMO). I continue to have mixed emotions about our leader. I hope to see him a bit more demonstrative if we continue to be victimized by some of these horrendous calls and non-calls that have influenced at least one outcome thus far this year. Not whining about these calls, they happen, but I am dead tired of his 'gee golly gee, oh well' expression after our kids being royally plunged. He needs to get in someone's ear, for his own job security, if for no other reason. IF we don't see a minimum of 8 wins (with this very good team) I will hope for Sark's departure. Gut check time.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 am
  • Anyone have a link for this game? Apparently Direct TV will not be showing this pivotal match-up. I have a feeling it's going to be a classic....please help me to see it! I would sure appreciate it.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:48 am
  • When did the Huskies last win in Tempe? Was it that 12 combined turnover slopfest from 2000?

If Sark drops this one, he'll have to win out to keep a flame from being ignited under his seat. This is the biggest game of the year for them. They lose, its yet another midseason three game losing streak, they win, and the critics will shut up for at least a couple weeks.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:05 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:When did the Huskies last win in Tempe? Was it that 12 combined turnover slopfest from 2000?

If Sark drops this one, he'll have to win out to keep a flame from being ignited under his seat. This is the biggest game of the year for them. They lose, its yet another midseason three game losing streak, they win, and the critics will shut up for at least a couple weeks.

Totally agree. This, aside from Stanford, is the most evenly matched opponent we have scheduled (IMO). Being on the road gives ASU the slight edge, which provides a great and fair gauge for us to see what we are really made of. I see it as must win for both Sark and the program. I'm sure ASU feels the same, so may the better team win.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:16 pm
  • Price missed a TD there.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:17 pm
  • Pac 12 announcers suck so bad.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:20 pm
  • Nice start by the Dawgs.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:45 pm
  • Marcus Peters is a legit, complete CB. I expected to see him in the NFL in a couple years.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 pm
  • Price is not off to a good start.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:00 pm
  • God, Washington's offensive line sucks.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:07 pm
  • So many wide open receivers
    IcedHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:09 pm
  • Washington's going to lose this game. They're getting beat on both sides of the line of scrimmage, Price has no accuracy beyond 5 yards, and the defense all of a sudden can't tackle anyone.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:09 pm
  • Yeah, oughta be ashamed right now. Only able to hear on the radio, but sounds like typical road Dawgs.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:10 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Washington's going to lose this game. They're getting beat on both sides of the line of scrimmage, Price has no accuracy beyond 5 yards, and the defense all of a sudden can't tackle anyone.

Don't worry too much. If Sark can adjust at the half and cut down on the backs making plays in the passing game, y'all can get right back in it. Again, you will note that once Grice and Foster started to get into the passing game, ASU started moving the football. Stop that, and we stink.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:13 pm
  • Husky defense keeping the score manageable, but the offense needs to do something, fast.
    IcedHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 pm
  • We get inside the ten and can't run the ball effectively. Terrible.

On the flip side, apparently these guys figured out how to stop the run just in time for Bishop Sankey to come into town.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:17 pm
  • They can't do anything on offense right now because the offensive line can't block anyone.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:21 pm
  • And it goes from bad to worse for Washington.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:21 pm
  • That is PATHETIC.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:24 pm
  • Washington should be down by 20
    IcedHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:25 pm
  • Man, Washington can't even block anyone on special teams.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:25 pm
  • Washington is going to win this game. Settling for three again - this is one of those "ASU should have won by two TDs, but they lose after the other team gameplans at the half" games that I have seen about a billion times.

I almost expect to see Dirk Koetter over on the sidelines at this point.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:29 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:Washington is going to win this game.

Washington has 41 total yards. They can't block anyone. Price can't throw. Washington's defense is going to fade in the second half just like they did last week. ASU will win this by at least 4 scores.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:32 pm
  • At this rate they might be down by 4 scores by halftime.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:33 pm
  • Wow. Already well on our way to yet ANOTHER consecutive 3-game losing streak to dismantle high hopes for a season. I'm as pro-Sark as most, but I don't know.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:37 pm
  • Price is done today.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:38 pm

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:39 pm
  • If we lose this game, and finish the season 7-5....
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:40 pm
  • Well, game is over.
    IcedHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:41 pm
  • I said it last game and I'll say it again, FIRE SARK
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:41 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:If we lose this game, and finish the season 7-5....

You mean WHEN we lose this game. At this point 7 wins is the absolute best I think this team can finish with. I don't even know who the AD at Washington is but they might want to start reviewing coaching resumes.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:42 pm
  • Just take a knee and get off the field.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:43 pm
  • Why is Price still playing? It's obvious he can't do anything. He and Sankey should stay in the locker room at halftime. The only thing they can do in the second half is get injured.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• History said this was coming. Just look at the result of the games after UW plays UO.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• SeatownJay wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:If we lose this game, and finish the season 7-5....

You mean WHEN we lose this game. At this point 7 wins is the absolute best I think this team can finish with. I don't even know who the AD at Washington is but they might want to start reviewing coaching resumes.

Not going to say when. Going to say if. And the Huskies are capable of winning more than 7, but if they fall short of it again, I'm going to have to agree with you. Hard to believe I'm saying that given how the Huskies started, but this is what, 5 consecutive years with a 3-game losing streak, the third or fourth time it has derailed a promising start, and an eternity of terrible play on the road in the pac-12?

Yeah. If that's how this winds up, USC can have Sark.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:49 pm
  • Mini poll time. How does Washington start the second half?

1: 3 & out
    2: Price throws an interception
    3: strip sack results in a fumble
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:50 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Mini poll time. How does Washington start the second half?

D for fumble the kickoff return
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:53 pm
  • Sark getting his ass handed to him and Price looking North to Canada. Williams likely to go late rounds, but I won't be surprised if he joins ASJ and Sankey in the '14 draft. Wheels. Off.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:55 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Mini poll time. How does Washington start the second half?

I think (hope) Price is done for the day.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:11 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information