Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Washington @ Arizona State
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:53 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

This may be the game that defines Washington's season. Can Sark get this team to regroup after two losses to go on the road and beat a good team? If the Huskies lose this one, Sark's coaching seat is gonna start to get a little warm I think. With road games against UCLA and Oregon State still to come, it's possible this team could end the regular season at 7-5 after starting 4-0.

Post subject: Re: Washington @ Arizona State
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:05 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I agree with you that its going to be a really interesting game. ASU is no joke. Love Will Sutton. Normally I would say UW wins, but we'll see what their psyche is like.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:21 pm 
NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest
So, here's the thing. We have Will Sutton, Alden Darby, Carl Bradford, and pretty much garbage on defense. Washington should put up 30+ on us.

On offense, we have lots of talent, but strangely, they have gone really quiet at times against actual football programs like Wisky, Stanford, and Notre Dame. Whole halves have been like watching Oregon play offense except if Oregon sucked. Marion Grice hasn't had many holes this year, either. But the big thing is that you HAVE to be able to cover our backs running routes out of the backfield or split wide. Grice, Foster, and Lewis are all legitimately awesome pass catchers. When our backs are getting into the passing game, that's when the offense gets kicking. Take them out of it, and you can stop Grice on the ground and Taylor Kelly turns back into a pumpkin.

-Lisa Simpson

Well, at least Lisa got two of three right.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:45 pm 
NET Veteran

we have more talent than ASU, at the same time we are 6-16 on the road in the sark era. the line is ASU minus 3. It'll come down to the last possession

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:34 am 
NET Veteran

we have lost something like 8 games in a row to ASU. For the love of god... can we please break one losing streak this year? Oregon makes me want to punch myself in the face while I sit on a pineapple.

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:32 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

It's kind of amazing how brutal UW's Pac-12 schedule turned out to be. OSU went from easy win to very tough game. WSU should be a win, but won't be automatic. Then you have UCLA and ASU. Cal is the only cupcake on the list.

7-5 this year wouldn't totally shock me. It's kind of incredible how tough that schedule is. I think it's quite a bit tougher than the schedule the 2008 team faced when they had the toughest schedule in the nation.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:36 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

kearly wrote:
It's kind of amazing how brutal UW's Pac-12 schedule turned out to be. OSU went from easy win to very tough game. WSU should be a win, but won't be automatic. Then you have UCLA and ASU. Cal is the only cupcake on the list.

7-5 this year wouldn't totally shock me. It's kind of incredible how tough that schedule is. I think it's quite a bit tougher than the schedule the 2008 team faced when they had the toughest schedule in the nation.

You're forgetting Colorado, they're an easier cupcake than Cal. That said, if this team really is as good as Sark wants all of us to believe, we should beat ASU tomorrow.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:20 am 
NET Starter

ASU wins.

UW goes home, gets their 2 easy wins at home to get bowl-eligible. Probably beats OSU, loses to the Cougs again. Another 7-5 season.

Sark gets an extension.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:18 am 
NET Veteran

No way should Sark get an extension if he goes 7-5. There are no excuses for that. 5 years at UW and that's the best you can do? The schedule is no excuse either...if other teams are beating you it's because they are better than you and that's the whole point.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:30 am 
* NET Staff *

Sark already got one extension through 2015.

http://seattletimes.com/html/huskies/20 ... wfb22.html

First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:45 am 
NET Veteran

The player I'm most intrigued with on Arizona St is sophomore WR Jaelen Strong. His game against USC really caught my attention with the two or three jump balls that he caught when USC DB's were all over him, kind of reminiscent to Larry Fitzgerald's days at the University of Pittsburgh. Although his Stanford game was a bit inconsistent. At 6-4 205 lbs. Strong has good size so it will be interesting to see how he does against the Huskies CB's.

Here is a article on him.
http://www.azfamily.com/sports/speakofthedevils/QA-with-ASU-wide-receiver-Jaelen-Strong--226198621.html

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:17 am 
NET Veteran

Just as Thursday's game was something of a gut check game for the Hawks, this is definitely gut check time for the Dawgs....and Sark (IMO). I continue to have mixed emotions about our leader. I hope to see him a bit more demonstrative if we continue to be victimized by some of these horrendous calls and non-calls that have influenced at least one outcome thus far this year. Not whining about these calls, they happen, but I am dead tired of his 'gee golly gee, oh well' expression after our kids being royally plunged. He needs to get in someone's ear, for his own job security, if for no other reason. IF we don't see a minimum of 8 wins (with this very good team) I will hope for Sark's departure. Gut check time.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:19 am 
NET Veteran

Anyone have a link for this game? Apparently Direct TV will not be showing this pivotal match-up. I have a feeling it's going to be a classic....please help me to see it! I would sure appreciate it.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:48 am 
NET Veteran

When did the Huskies last win in Tempe? Was it that 12 combined turnover slopfest from 2000?

If Sark drops this one, he'll have to win out to keep a flame from being ignited under his seat. This is the biggest game of the year for them. They lose, its yet another midseason three game losing streak, they win, and the critics will shut up for at least a couple weeks.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:05 pm 
NET Veteran

seahawk2k wrote:
When did the Huskies last win in Tempe? Was it that 12 combined turnover slopfest from 2000?

If Sark drops this one, he'll have to win out to keep a flame from being ignited under his seat. This is the biggest game of the year for them. They lose, its yet another midseason three game losing streak, they win, and the critics will shut up for at least a couple weeks.

Totally agree. This, aside from Stanford, is the most evenly matched opponent we have scheduled (IMO). Being on the road gives ASU the slight edge, which provides a great and fair gauge for us to see what we are really made of. I see it as must win for both Sark and the program. I'm sure ASU feels the same, so may the better team win.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:16 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Price missed a TD there.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:17 pm 
* NET Baller *

Pac 12 announcers suck so bad.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:20 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Nice start by the Dawgs.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:45 pm 
NET Veteran

Marcus Peters is a legit, complete CB. I expected to see him in the NFL in a couple years.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Price is not off to a good start.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:00 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

God, Washington's offensive line sucks.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:07 pm 
NET Veteran

So many wide open receivers

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:09 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Washington's going to lose this game. They're getting beat on both sides of the line of scrimmage, Price has no accuracy beyond 5 yards, and the defense all of a sudden can't tackle anyone.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:09 pm 
NET Veteran

Yeah, oughta be ashamed right now. Only able to hear on the radio, but sounds like typical road Dawgs.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:10 pm 
NET Veteran

SeatownJay wrote:
Washington's going to lose this game. They're getting beat on both sides of the line of scrimmage, Price has no accuracy beyond 5 yards, and the defense all of a sudden can't tackle anyone.

Don't worry too much. If Sark can adjust at the half and cut down on the backs making plays in the passing game, y'all can get right back in it. Again, you will note that once Grice and Foster started to get into the passing game, ASU started moving the football. Stop that, and we stink.

-Lisa Simpson

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:13 pm 
NET Veteran

Husky defense keeping the score manageable, but the offense needs to do something, fast.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 pm 
NET Veteran

We get inside the ten and can't run the ball effectively. Terrible.

On the flip side, apparently these guys figured out how to stop the run just in time for Bishop Sankey to come into town.

-Lisa Simpson

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:17 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

They can't do anything on offense right now because the offensive line can't block anyone.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:21 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

And it goes from bad to worse for Washington.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:21 pm 
NET Veteran

That is PATHETIC.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:24 pm 
NET Veteran

Washington should be down by 20

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:25 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Man, Washington can't even block anyone on special teams.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Washington is going to win this game. Settling for three again - this is one of those "ASU should have won by two TDs, but they lose after the other team gameplans at the half" games that I have seen about a billion times.

I almost expect to see Dirk Koetter over on the sidelines at this point.

-Lisa Simpson

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:29 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Smelly McUgly wrote:
Washington is going to win this game.

Washington has 41 total yards. They can't block anyone. Price can't throw. Washington's defense is going to fade in the second half just like they did last week. ASU will win this by at least 4 scores.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:32 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

At this rate they might be down by 4 scores by halftime.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:33 pm 
NET Veteran

Wow. Already well on our way to yet ANOTHER consecutive 3-game losing streak to dismantle high hopes for a season. I'm as pro-Sark as most, but I don't know.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:37 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Price is done today.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:38 pm 
NET Veteran

is it 2004 already?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington ... %9309#2004

Last edited by KitsapHawk on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:39 pm 
NET Veteran

If we lose this game, and finish the season 7-5....

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Well, game is over.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:41 pm 
NET Veteran

I said it last game and I'll say it again, FIRE SARK

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:41 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

jkitsune wrote:

You mean WHEN we lose this game. At this point 7 wins is the absolute best I think this team can finish with. I don't even know who the AD at Washington is but they might want to start reviewing coaching resumes.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:42 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Just take a knee and get off the field.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:43 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Why is Price still playing? It's obvious he can't do anything. He and Sankey should stay in the locker room at halftime. The only thing they can do in the second half is get injured.

NET Veteran

History said this was coming. Just look at the result of the games after UW plays UO.

NET Veteran

SeatownJay wrote:
jkitsune wrote:

You mean WHEN we lose this game. At this point 7 wins is the absolute best I think this team can finish with. I don't even know who the AD at Washington is but they might want to start reviewing coaching resumes.

Not going to say when. Going to say if. And the Huskies are capable of winning more than 7, but if they fall short of it again, I'm going to have to agree with you. Hard to believe I'm saying that given how the Huskies started, but this is what, 5 consecutive years with a 3-game losing streak, the third or fourth time it has derailed a promising start, and an eternity of terrible play on the road in the pac-12?

Yeah. If that's how this winds up, USC can have Sark.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:49 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Mini poll time. How does Washington start the second half?

1: 3 & out
2: Price throws an interception
3: strip sack results in a fumble

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:50 pm 
NET Veteran

SeatownJay wrote:

D for fumble the kickoff return

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:53 pm 
NET Veteran

Sark getting his ass handed to him and Price looking North to Canada. Williams likely to go late rounds, but I won't be surprised if he joins ASJ and Sankey in the '14 draft. Wheels. Off.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:55 pm 
NET Veteran

SeatownJay wrote:

I think (hope) Price is done for the day.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]