We have a Stanford down... I repeat we have a Stanford down.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Party in Salt Lake!
David Shaw chooses to throw on 3rd and 2, as well as 4th and 2 - both times incomplete for the loss.

cesame

Reaction score
I honestly don't see Stanford as a big threat to Oregon anymore. They lack playmakers on offense, and they don't have the secondary to stop Mariota and Huff/DAT/Addison.

Should be a comfortable W.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I was baffled at Shaw's decision to throw on 3rd and 2, I would've even on 4th down. Shaw needs to realize his TE's are gone

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Unfortunately for Ducks' fans, this hurts them as they'll get fewer "computer points" when they beat Stanford since The Cardinal will be ranked lower now. Just another excuse to slip Ohio St. into the B(C)S championship game vs. Alabama instead of some shitty Northwest team like UO. It's all about TV ratings folks and Ohio St. generates more than Oregon.

BTW, despite being a Wazzu and Husky fan I sincerely hope I'm wrong and the Ducks are in the "championship game" (in quotes cuz it ain't no real championship, it's mythical without a playoff and has been since the implementation of this bullshit, SEC-centric system) because I would LOVE to see a NW team win a mythical championship.

Man am I looking forward to the playoffs next year. No more Notre Dame crap like last year when they would've been soundly drilled in the semis.

JGreen79

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":10fm7hz7 said:
Unfortunately for Ducks' fans, this hurts them as they'll get fewer "computer points" when they beat Stanford since The Cardinal will be ranked lower now. Just another excuse to slip Ohio St. into the B(C)S championship game vs. Alabama instead of some shitty Northwest team like UO. It's all about TV ratings folks and Ohio St. generates more than Oregon.

BTW, despite being a Wazzu and Husky fan I sincerely hope I'm wrong and the Ducks are in the "championship game" (in quotes cuz it ain't no real championship, it's mythical without a playoff and has been since the implementation of this bullshit, SEC-centric system) because I would LOVE to see a NW team win a mythical championship.

Man am I looking forward to the playoffs next year. No more Notre Dame crap like last year when they would've been soundly drilled in the semis.

As far as remaining schedules go Oregon doesn't need to worry, Stanford will still be ranked higher than any team Ohio state plays from here on

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2utxwz7c said:

Not true. The computers don't go by rankings they go by wins and losses. So yes, it hurts that Stanford lost, but we also play Utah who won, so it evens out.

Chapow

Reaction score
JGreen79":xqb00ji6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":xqb00ji6 said:

As far as remaining schedules go Oregon doesn't need to worry, Stanford will still be ranked higher than any team Ohio state plays from here on

They might need to worry about 3rd ranked Clemson though.

Clemson and Oregon both have 2 ranked teams remaining on their schedules. For Clemson it's #5 Florida State and #11 South Carolina. For Oregon it's #9 UCLA and #13 Stanford. If they both get to the final game of the regular season undefeated I think voters are going to be much more impressed with an away win @ South Carolina for Clemson than a home win against Oregon State for Oregon.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Clemson leap frog Oregon in the polls if they both go undefeated.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Every week the Ducks have been getting closer to Alabama and distancing themselves from 3rd place. If the Ducks win out they're going to be in the title game, not an ounce of doubt in my mind.

Chapow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":14wqom4l said:
Chapow":14wqom4l said:
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Clemson leap frog Oregon in the polls if they both go undefeated.

Not going to happen. Every week the Ducks have been pulling closer to Alabama and further away from whoever is at #3. If the Ducks go undefeated, they're in. Not an ounce of doubt in my mind.

I said I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, not that it will happen or that I expect it to happen. I only brought up Clemson because I keep seeing people talk about Ohio St as a threat to Oregon, but it seems like everyone is forgetting about Clemson and I think they are more of a threat than Ohio St is.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Chapow":nm2qaz7h said:
JSeahawks":nm2qaz7h said:
Chapow":nm2qaz7h said:

Not going to happen. Every week the Ducks have been pulling closer to Alabama and further away from whoever is at #3. If the Ducks go undefeated, they're in. Not an ounce of doubt in my mind.

I said I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, not that it will happen or that I expect it to happen. I only brought up Clemson because I keep seeing people talk about Ohio St as a threat to Oregon, but it seems like everyone is forgetting about Clemson and I think they are more of a threat than Ohio St is.

Agree'd with that. If anything Ohio State is going to keep falling in the polls, not rise in them.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Well I do hope you are all correct and the Ducks win out and get in. Then I hope they not only beat 'Bama, but paste them (though of course I'd be elated with a 1 point win).

cesame

Reaction score
Oregon is #2 in the both of the polls that are factored in to the final ranking. They're #2 by a pretty good margin, too.

There's absolutely no chance a team jumps an undefeated Oregon team. Not happening.