Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: A few thoughts on Oregon-Washington
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:49 pm 
NET Veteran

I'd consider it more quickness than long speed. A lot of big players are more a combination of speed and execution, you can't just run by people typically, especially today, with how deep Oregon's safeties were playing.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:03 pm 
* NET Baller *

davidonmi wrote:
Here's a thought, FIRE SARK. Most overrated HC in UW history

I said this would happen, I'm a modern day Nostradamus

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:20 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

davidonmi wrote:

If (when?) Washington finishes the season with 7 wins again I'll be tempted to agree with this sentiment. But not before then.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:50 pm 
NET Veteran

davidonmi wrote:

Oh geez...

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:06 am 
NET Practice Squad

HawkWow wrote:
SeatownJay wrote:
With the possible exception of running back (note the "possible", Duck fans), Oregon has better players than Washington at every position on the field. Until Washington starts winning some recruiting battles that's not going to change and the Ducks will continue to dominate the Huskies on the field.

Unless Phil decides to sell the team, I don't see us out-recruiting them.

A big turning point in this ^&%$fest, along with the Sankey fumble, was the no call on the horsecaller. That would have gave us a 1st and goal. HTF does this not get called? A TD instead of the FG would have got us within a score and the fans would have went all 12 on Mariota the next series, the D would have been jolted and who knows after that?

I am not taking anything away from UO's fantastic win. They left little doubt who the better team was. But a call here, a play there and anything can happen. That's why they're celebrating in Utah tonight. And after starting 8-0, my teams are 0-3 since. GO HAWKS (Gawd dammit).

Totally agree. It would have been a huge swing. The ref was right behind Price when it happened. No way he missed it, just didn't throw the flag.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:53 am 
* NET Philistine *

CPHawk wrote:
HawkWow wrote:
SeatownJay wrote:
With the possible exception of running back (note the "possible", Duck fans), Oregon has better players than Washington at every position on the field. Until Washington starts winning some recruiting battles that's not going to change and the Ducks will continue to dominate the Huskies on the field.

Unless Phil decides to sell the team, I don't see us out-recruiting them.

A big turning point in this ^&%$fest, along with the Sankey fumble, was the no call on the horsecaller. That would have gave us a 1st and goal. HTF does this not get called? A TD instead of the FG would have got us within a score and the fans would have went all 12 on Mariota the next series, the D would have been jolted and who knows after that?

I am not taking anything away from UO's fantastic win. They left little doubt who the better team was. But a call here, a play there and anything can happen. That's why they're celebrating in Utah tonight. And after starting 8-0, my teams are 0-3 since. GO HAWKS (Gawd dammit).

What game did you watch? The refs called the game so lopsided towards UW, it wasn't even funny. If Lowe makes the easy catch on the first drive, UW is down 14-0 and heads hanging before you can say bow down. If your aunt had nuts, she would be your uncle.

Lopsided towards UW? I wouldn't say that. I thought the refereeing was typical Pac12 (low) quality with a couple of the more important calls going Oregon's way. However, I don't think there were any game changing calls, either.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:38 am 
NET Pro Bowler

seahawk2k wrote:
.............but Seahawks games are at a level of insanity that is unmatched.

As folks in KC are going to find out today.

There's a blogger for Yahoo sports calling for UO to surpass Alabama and be ranked number 1. Won't happen because of the SEC bias in this country but he makes a compelling argument here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... ncaaf.html

To the barren lands

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]