Is college game day worth getting up for?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Trying to decide if it's worth being up at 6am to watch espn broadcast from uw. Thoughts? I've never watched it.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• I've never watched it other then a few minutes here and there, but I don't think its anything special.

The one cool feature is that they usually have a "guest picker" come in and pick the game. And its someone affiliated with the hosting school or city. I'm curious to see who they pick for UW. I'm wondering if it might be Russell Wilson since ESPN has kind of hyped up his relationship with Keith Price.

I'll be sleeping through it though.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I'm gonna get up at like 4:00 and head down to Red Square and get in on it. The die-hards are showing up at 3:00.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:I've never watched it other then a few minutes here and there, but I don't think its anything special.

The one cool feature is that they usually have a "guest picker" come in and pick the game. And its someone affiliated with the hosting school or city. I'm curious to see who they pick for UW. I'm wondering if it might be Russell Wilson since ESPN has kind of hyped up his relationship with Keith Price.

it's gonna be Warren Moon according to his twitter
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• davidonmi wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I've never watched it other then a few minutes here and there, but I don't think its anything special.

it's gonna be Warren Moon according to his twitter

Oh. Even more reason to sleep through it.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I used to always catch the last hour of gameday, its a fun show, a little long though. If I was going to UW I'd get up at 4 to get a good spot. Its quite the experience from what i've seen.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• College football needs a redzone channel.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

• Some dude down here is waving a Tanzania flag! Awesome!
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• The Tanzania flag is awesome.

The WSU flag is really struggling today.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• minormillikin wrote:College football needs a redzone channel.

Its called whiparound on ESPNU.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Probably the worst Gameday I've seen in awhile. Looks cold, dark, and the crowd is quiet. They did one in North Dakota recently that looked like a better time.
    Gap Filler
    NET Rookie

• For the record, doesn't seem to be worth waking up at 6a to watch. Happy to have only seen the last hour and slept through the first two.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• I haven't really watched it this year, but today I made sure to watch it from the start. The crowed started off real strong, Desmond Howard was having to lean in to try to hear what his colleagues where saying. There were some pretty solid signs out in the crowd...one said "Stay off Quack" another said "I did D'Athony Thomas's SAT's" and another said "Eat More Duck".

There is a funny picture of Keith Price in the background, he has that old school Eric Dickson look in the picture.

I love the picture of the Suzzallo Library in the background.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:College football needs a redzone channel.

Its called whiparound on ESPNU.

Ahh, interesting. Thanks for the info.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

• Gap Filler wrote:Probably the worst Gameday I've seen in awhile. Looks cold, dark, and the crowd is quiet. They did one in North Dakota recently that looked like a better time.

cover-2 wrote:I haven't really watched it this year, but today I made sure to watch it from the start. The crowed started off real strong, Desmond Howard was having to lean in to try to hear what his colleagues where saying. There were some pretty solid signs out in the crowd...one said "Stay off Quack" another said "I did D'Athony Thomas's SAT's" and another said "Eat More Duck".

There is a funny picture of Keith Price in the background, he has that old school Eric Dickson look in the picture.

I love the picture of the Suzzallo Library in the background.

lol at these being nearly consecutive posts. u wot m8? Looks awesome. My dad and my brother got hooked up with a few tickets and got down around 5 am I think. Sounded like an awesome time, if not for the show itself but for the atmopshere. Loved seeing Red Square getting prepped up this week.
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran

• It was completely and totally awesome. There were tons of people there. I'll try and post a couple pics I took if I get a chance.

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• I'm just giving my opinion based on the College Gamedays I've watched over the years. I think its too early of a program for you guys on the west coast. The sunrise was at 7:25 according to weather.com but it was overcast and 50 degrees. I don't know, maybe its because I live in the southeast but it looked dark and cold out. I like the show when its sunny out with an energetic crowd when I wake up.

And seriously Hope Solo? I view here as the white trash athlete of the Pacific Northwest. She married Jeramy Stevens on a day he was arrested.

I'm glad people that went had a good time but it just reminded me of a bunch of people bundled up and camping out for Black Friday at Walmart and the enthusiasm was at the same level.
    Gap Filler
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information