Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Is college game day worth getting up for?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:23 pm 
NET Veteran

Trying to decide if it's worth being up at 6am to watch espn broadcast from uw. Thoughts? I've never watched it.

Post subject: Re: Is college game day worth getting up for?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:26 pm 
* NET Moderator *

I've never watched it other then a few minutes here and there, but I don't think its anything special.

The one cool feature is that they usually have a "guest picker" come in and pick the game. And its someone affiliated with the hosting school or city. I'm curious to see who they pick for UW. I'm wondering if it might be Russell Wilson since ESPN has kind of hyped up his relationship with Keith Price.

I'll be sleeping through it though.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:32 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm gonna get up at like 4:00 and head down to Red Square and get in on it. The die-hards are showing up at 3:00.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:56 pm 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:
I've never watched it other then a few minutes here and there, but I don't think its anything special.

The one cool feature is that they usually have a "guest picker" come in and pick the game. And its someone affiliated with the hosting school or city. I'm curious to see who they pick for UW. I'm wondering if it might be Russell Wilson since ESPN has kind of hyped up his relationship with Keith Price.

it's gonna be Warren Moon according to his twitter

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:57 pm 
* NET Moderator *

davidonmi wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:

it's gonna be Warren Moon according to his twitter

Oh. Even more reason to sleep through it.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:43 pm 
NET Veteran

I used to always catch the last hour of gameday, its a fun show, a little long though. If I was going to UW I'd get up at 4 to get a good spot. Its quite the experience from what i've seen.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:47 am 
NET Veteran

College football needs a redzone channel.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:35 am 
NET Veteran

Some dude down here is waving a Tanzania flag! Awesome!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:52 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

The Tanzania flag is awesome.

The WSU flag is really struggling today.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:04 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

minormillikin wrote:

Its called whiparound on ESPNU.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:07 am 
NET Rookie

Probably the worst Gameday I've seen in awhile. Looks cold, dark, and the crowd is quiet. They did one in North Dakota recently that looked like a better time.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:50 am 
NET Veteran

For the record, doesn't seem to be worth waking up at 6a to watch. Happy to have only seen the last hour and slept through the first two.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:56 pm 
NET Veteran

I haven't really watched it this year, but today I made sure to watch it from the start. The crowed started off real strong, Desmond Howard was having to lean in to try to hear what his colleagues where saying. There were some pretty solid signs out in the crowd...one said "Stay off Quack" another said "I did D'Athony Thomas's SAT's" and another said "Eat More Duck".

There is a funny picture of Keith Price in the background, he has that old school Eric Dickson look in the picture.

I love the picture of the Suzzallo Library in the background.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:41 pm 
NET Veteran

CALIHAWK1 wrote:
minormillikin wrote:

Its called whiparound on ESPNU.

Ahh, interesting. Thanks for the info.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Gap Filler wrote:
Probably the worst Gameday I've seen in awhile. Looks cold, dark, and the crowd is quiet. They did one in North Dakota recently that looked like a better time.

cover-2 wrote:
I haven't really watched it this year, but today I made sure to watch it from the start. The crowed started off real strong, Desmond Howard was having to lean in to try to hear what his colleagues where saying. There were some pretty solid signs out in the crowd...one said "Stay off Quack" another said "I did D'Athony Thomas's SAT's" and another said "Eat More Duck".

There is a funny picture of Keith Price in the background, he has that old school Eric Dickson look in the picture.

I love the picture of the Suzzallo Library in the background.

lol at these being nearly consecutive posts. u wot m8? Looks awesome. My dad and my brother got hooked up with a few tickets and got down around 5 am I think. Sounded like an awesome time, if not for the show itself but for the atmopshere. Loved seeing Red Square getting prepped up this week.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:05 pm 
NET Veteran

It was completely and totally awesome. There were tons of people there. I'll try and post a couple pics I took if I get a chance.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:34 pm 
NET Rookie

I'm just giving my opinion based on the College Gamedays I've watched over the years. I think its too early of a program for you guys on the west coast. The sunrise was at 7:25 according to weather.com but it was overcast and 50 degrees. I don't know, maybe its because I live in the southeast but it looked dark and cold out. I like the show when its sunny out with an energetic crowd when I wake up.

And seriously Hope Solo? I view here as the white trash athlete of the Pacific Northwest. She married Jeramy Stevens on a day he was arrested.

I'm glad people that went had a good time but it just reminded me of a bunch of people bundled up and camping out for Black Friday at Walmart and the enthusiasm was at the same level.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]