HighlandHawks WAAAYYYY too early Seahawks mock draft

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
Quick note on this. I used first-pick.com to help pick surrounding players for other teams to have a challenge in this. No trade ups, no trade downs. From the 5th round on it's pretty much a crap shoot as to who is available and even if they declare or not. I did very quick checks on players before picking them but under further review of the tape found issues with some.

Round 1 Pick 27: Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Round 2 Pick 27: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 27: JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee
Round 5 Pick 11: Cody Hoffman, WR, Brigham Young
Round 5 Pick 27: Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma
Round 6 Pick 27: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame
Round 7 Pick 27: Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford

Round 1 Pick 27: Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota. 6'6 312
[youtube]lIuHOdV1Rhk[/youtube]
+ Great athleticism (former high school TE)
+ Large body, long arms, great vertical jump
+ Powerful consistently in the backfield

- Still raw, will need a year or two as a backup
- Not that speedy even for a DT.
- Can tire out and dissapear towards the end of games

Actually had ASJ available to me but decided to go for Hageman (I personally don't believe the front office values TE as a first round pick). At the start of the video above you can see him basically just bowling people over and practically living in the backfield. While we may have more pressing needs at other positions I believe the potential and the chance that teams again will overdraft the offensive line may push him towards us.

Round 2 Pick 27: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa. 6'6 265
[youtube]AouRt6qjBPA[/youtube]
(no 2013 tape)
+ Good blocker, not afraid to mix it up
+ Big body, red zone threat with good vertical ability
+ Hard worker, has worked his way up the depth chart

- Not a huge amount of production
- Had a couple of drops and fumbles
- Needs to work on his routes

With Zach coming to the end of his time with Seattle we will be looking for a replacement to fill the Zach role. Willson will NOT be that person, different type of athlete but CJ can be. Will really help the offensive line with his blocking ability and while he might not see immediate production and catches we have not used them as a focus of our offense since PC took over which is why I believe we can pickup a good TE that fits what we need outside the 1st round.

Round 4 Pick 27: JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee. 6'6
[youtube]0voAlSsWqzc[/youtube]
+ Quick and nimble on his feet (for a big offensive lineman), would fit well in a ZBS
+ Latches on a drives people down

- Doesnt get pads down
- While he gets to the second level he isn't the quickest

Note: I struggle a bit to scout offensive linemen, never sure what to look for so I'm probably not overly accurate in my assesment and thus I've used scouting reports on him to help form my opinion.
Seems to have good ZBS fit and I believe we'll move on from Breno and/or McQ this year. Having a potential starter for the right side will save cap space and keep the youth in the line.

Round 5 Pick 11: Cody Hoffman, WR, Brigham Young 6'4, 215
[youtube]7LvAItVMN5s[/youtube]
(no 2013 tape)
+ Size. 6'4 and 215. Big receiver that PC desperately seeks.
+ Good hands (although he drops one in the tape above) but doesnt catch in his chest.
+ Good route runner

- Not the quickest, don't expect him to get seperation
- Not a great blocker, enough size to get in the way and flap about in the face of a DB though
- Despite his size, he's not very physical

Hoffman is a player I like but I'm not convinced we'd go for him after reviewing more tape. He's lucky that I doubt we'd be asking him to start straight away and this could give him time to develop his blocking and put on a bit of muscle to beat the press coverage. There wasn't a huge amount of receiver talent left at this point, especially taller guys and lets be honest, we generally fluff one of our 4th or 5th picks each year. Depth/Development player for the long run.

Round 5 Pick 27: Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma 6'3 298
No tape.

Just had to look up bits and pieces about this guy but he seems to be a good centre with the ability to move to guard as well. We like those swiss army knife linemen so this would give us a C backup as well as G depth.

Round 6 Pick 27: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame 6'0 185
[youtube]CPEVpMlBhok[/youtube]

Uh yeah, pretty much just throwing dice here to see what happens, decided to pick a CB (since we always do) but wasn't overly impressed by his tape. :(

Round 7 Pick 27: Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford 6'6 281
[youtube]oqm8rvZ1ti0[/youtube]
+ Tall...
+ Decent athleticism
+ Seems smart and aware

- Just not really that great looking ability wise
- Quite slow

It's our future hall of fame left tackle developed by Tom Cable.. Maybe..

cover-2

Reaction score
Nice mock, Ra'Shede Hageman's size and athleticism is almost too tempting to pass up at the bottom of the 1st round. He has incredible potential and could be a stud if he gets coached up. I not too worried about him tiring out during a game, that seems to be a problem with all DT's if they aren't rotated out. One of the games I scouted of his this year, he took nearly every rep on and was just a non-factor in the game because of it. He plays much better when in a rotation.

C.J. Fiedorowicz is a TE that I really like. Great size, ton of reps as an inline TE, and a good enough athlete to be a factor in the passing game. His draft range is a bit difficult to predict, I was thinking 3rd or 4th round. But, our team has been the wild card the last few drafts so I could also see us drafting him at the bottom of round 1. As much as I want a stud athletic TE, I think we are probably more likely to target TE's like Fiedorwicz or ASJ.

I like the Stanford kid, and you hit on a few of our team needs. Although, I would like a more athletic/fluid CB that can play in the slot.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Wow thank you for spending so much time on this. Know that it was appreciated and enjoyed

OP
OP
HighlandHawk

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. At this point in the year it's complete guess work but I enjoy looking at those players that I might not normally look at :)

pehawk

Reaction score
Top notch work, HighlandHawk. I cant comment on any of the players, but I do appreciate any member doing stuff like this. It's awesome.

I PROMISE to make out with you, should we ever meet, as payment.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Pick #27???? Not even in the NFC championship game????? Blasphemous!!!