Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: USC
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:55 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Kind of looks like the old USC with Kiffin out of the way.

Post subject: Re: USC
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:59 pm 
* NET Moderator *

And then they give up a long pass right before the half to the worst QB in the pac 12.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:00 pm 
NET Veteran

Odgeron should hire himself out as an interim coach. Perfect personality for it, fiery, loud, intense. I've always liked him. I think Kiffin kind of neutered them a bit.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:03 am 
* NET Sage *

I hope Chris Petersen keeps him on the staff ;)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:49 pm 
NET Veteran

What do you guys think of the coach from EWU. He almost upset my dawgs 2 years back, and he went and upset the Beavs this year.

Does a guy like him get a shot at a big name school or does he need to prove himself at a Tennessee for a couple years?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:55 pm 
NET Veteran

ClumsyLurk wrote:
What do you guys think of the coach from EWU. He almost upset my dawgs 2 years back, and he went and upset the Beavs this year.

Does a guy like him get a shot at a big name school or does he need to prove himself at a Tennessee for a couple years?

USC would be PANNED for plucking an FCS coach when they have arguably the most desirable coaching vacancy in the country. USC is a legendary FBS program with enormous numbers of NFL ties. Doing a great job with a top FCS team is a far different beast than a team that expects to be a perennial national title contender in the FBS, recruiting and graduating NFL prospects.

Which is a long way of saying, yes, the EWU coach will need to coach at lower-level FBS teams first.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:03 pm 
NET Veteran

We saw what happened when an EWU coach made the jump to a Pac 12 school last time...

Whoever gets hired at USC needs to keep Odgeron as d-line coach/asskicker recruiter. The guy is an absolute stud, just don't ask him to outscheme anybody. Leave that to more complicated men.

I don't think Chris Peterson would work in LA, you kind of have to play the game down there to succeed. Look at the guys who won, Pete Carroll, John Robinson, John McKay, and the guys who failed, Kiffin, Paul Hackett, Larry Smith, Ted Tollner. Difference in personalities.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:01 am 
NET Veteran

jkitsune wrote:

USC would be PANNED for plucking an FCS coach when they have arguably the most desirable coaching vacancy in the country. USC is a legendary FBS program with enormous numbers of NFL ties. Doing a great job with a top FCS team is a far different beast than a team that expects to be a perennial national title contender in the FBS, recruiting and graduating NFL prospects.

Which is a long way of saying, yes, the EWU coach will need to coach at lower-level FBS teams first.

Right on, I hope he gets called up soon, will be interesting to watch if he pans out.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]