Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Predict the score of Ducks vs Dawgs
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:28 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *

kearly wrote:
I think Oregon is a great team, but they haven't been tested at all this season.

If we had played your schedule (sans the Cardinal, obviously), we'd still be saying that about Oregon. We don't get tested by decent teams, it takes a very good team (and UW will be that test) - look at AZ, UW, OSU, etc last year - came in ranked and got drubbed anyways.

UW is a better team this year (which is why I don't expect a blowout), but so is Oregon. Probably both the best offense and best defense (easily) Oregon has had during this run.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:35 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Well, good luck fella's. Hopefully its an injury free game and is decided by the teams rather then the worst officials in all of sports.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:49 pm 
NET Veteran

Dawgs win 38-35.

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:37 pm 
NET Veteran

Sarlacc83 wrote:
Another reference point (the only one I can bring up for apples to apples comparison) is that Stanford scored 31 points on Washington (sort of) whereas a 'worse' Ducks defense held them to 17 points last year.

I think you're off on this. Washington's 'worse' defense last year held Stanford to 13 points last year...so the Stanford comparison tells us things have changed from last year. Besides, they played them on the road this year, so there's really not a lot to compare. I don't think anybody is going to say that UW's defense was better last year.

But...we'll find out tomorrow on the field.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:50 am 
NET Veteran

52-49
Duskies

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:02 am 
* NET Staff *

Huskies 31

Quackers 28

First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:52 am 
NET Veteran

DATs a go.

UO 38
UW 27

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:36 am 
NET Veteran

UO 56
WA 42

Do we kick to DAT? I say put them at the 40 every time if we can't put it out the back of the endzone. Seems like a helluva deal after last week.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:01 am 
NET Veteran

Moonman made an appearance decked out in Purple. Love you Warren, lets have dinner sometime.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:14 am 
NET Veteran

I don't see either of these teams scoring above 50. Maybe not even 40.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:30 am 
NET Veteran

ClumsyLurk wrote:
UO 56
WA 42

Do we kick to DAT? I say put them at the 40 every time if we can't put it out the back of the endzone. Seems like a helluva deal after last week.

I think our ST is better (Gawd I hope) than what we showed last week. Granted, we've not faced a DAT, but I think we have to take our chances as opposed to giving them the 40. UO is difficult enough to defend going uphill.

You are probably right though....we can't give up even 1 ST score and expect to win.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:41 am 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*

75 to 0 UW! at halftime

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:58 am 
* NET Moderator *

Sounds like Arik Armstead may not go today. At least he's not starting. Would be another big loss for the Ducks. Our best d'linemen.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:30 pm 
NET Veteran

cesame wrote:
I think the game will be close, but the thing that doesn't worry me is that there's been a clear way to beat Oregon the past 2-3-4 years, and that's to slow the game down, dominate the trenches, burn the clock by running the ball on Oregon and force Oregon to have to beat you with the pass. It has taken teams like Ohio State, Stanford, LSU and Auburn to do this. Washington isn't on that level when it comes to owning the trenches, and I've yet to see a team come close to beating Oregon when they try to beat Oregon at their own game.

This game for Oregon is ultimately going to come down to Mariota and the receivers vs the Washington secondary. Wilcox likes to stack the box with 8 to stop the run. It worked very well against Stanford because Stanford isn't very explosive on the outside. That obviously isn't the case with Oregon. I'm sure Hefrich and Mariota are ready for this. Then to come back to the running game, I still have visions of Ka'Deem Carey running through tackles vs Washington and picking up 132 yards on the day, with the QB Denker rushing for 56 yards as well. I have to believe Oregon will be able to do the same thing.

I'll predict 45-28, with Oregon pulling away in the 4th. Mariota is the best player on the field and Wilcox won't have an answer.

Spot on.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:48 pm 
NET Veteran

cesame wrote:
cesame wrote:
I think the game will be close, but the thing that doesn't worry me is that there's been a clear way to beat Oregon the past 2-3-4 years, and that's to slow the game down, dominate the trenches, burn the clock by running the ball on Oregon and force Oregon to have to beat you with the pass. It has taken teams like Ohio State, Stanford, LSU and Auburn to do this. Washington isn't on that level when it comes to owning the trenches, and I've yet to see a team come close to beating Oregon when they try to beat Oregon at their own game.

This game for Oregon is ultimately going to come down to Mariota and the receivers vs the Washington secondary. Wilcox likes to stack the box with 8 to stop the run. It worked very well against Stanford because Stanford isn't very explosive on the outside. That obviously isn't the case with Oregon. I'm sure Hefrich and Mariota are ready for this. Then to come back to the running game, I still have visions of Ka'Deem Carey running through tackles vs Washington and picking up 132 yards on the day, with the QB Denker rushing for 56 yards as well. I have to believe Oregon will be able to do the same thing.

I'll predict 45-28, with Oregon pulling away in the 4th. Mariota is the best player on the field and Wilcox won't have an answer.

Spot on.

Yep. Now Sark to SC and Mora to UW. Make it happen.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]