Check out Damon Huard's wiki page

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Check out Damon Huard's wiki page
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:45 pm
  • Nah, Tui would've been a great NFL QB. Just bad luck...with the Raiders at the worst time. I always figured the hatred ran so deep, that Gruden never attempted to get Tui to TB. Tui was to be Gruden's Golden Boy Heir Apparent to Gannon. Then, Al traded Gruden.

He was a sure thing, IMO.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:57 pm
  • That clip almost brought a tear to my eye. I realized 3 things I really miss:

1) Don James
    2) Smacking the duck shit out of Oregon
    3) The horse collar tackle.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:59 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:That clip almost brought a tear to my eye. I realized 3 things I really miss:

1) Don James
    2) Smacking the duck shit out of Oregon
    3) The horse collar tackle.

Amen dude. More importantly - hot talking teams that think they are above UW, getting beat.

CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:03 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Nah, Tui would've been a great NFL QB. Just bad luck...with the Raiders at the worst time. I always figured the hatred ran so deep, that Gruden never attempted to get Tui to TB. Tui was to be Gruden's Golden Boy Heir Apparent to Gannon. Then, Al traded Gruden.

From an athletic stand point for sure, but not so sure Tui was cerebral enough to excel as a top notch NFL QB for any extended period of time. Absolutely loved the guy, though. If you could marry the talents of Price and Locker, you'd get Tui.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:12 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Nah, Tui would've been a great NFL QB. Just bad luck...with the Raiders at the worst time. I always figured the hatred ran so deep, that Gruden never attempted to get Tui to TB. Tui was to be Gruden's Golden Boy Heir Apparent to Gannon. Then, Al traded Gruden.

From an athletic stand point for sure, but not so sure Tui was cerebral enough to excel as a top notch NFL QB for any extended period of time. Absolutely loved the guy, though. If you could marry the talents of Price and Locker, you'd get Tui.

Well said dude. :th2thumbs:

The QB of the future... Cyler Miles, is going to make Seattle a happy football town.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:36 am
  • Didn't Tui throw a pic to end the game against UO in 2000?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:40 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    CallMeADawg wrote:
    Kind of like Scott Frost, whos now the Ducks offensive coordinator, and was the same kind of QB back at Nebraska.

At least that's my memory of him, whether or not its accurate.

No, Tui was nothing like Scott Frost who didn't throw for more than 100 yards a game in college. Tui was a much better passer and didn't have near the production running Frost did (he prob went for 1k or more rushing his SR season when he scored a million TD's and Nebraska split the National Championship).

The closest comparison you'd get to someone around the Oregon program would be Jeremiah Masoli minus the felonies. Tui was light years ahead as a passer, but they had similar skills when running the ball and while Tui probably has a couple of inches on him, they were built similarly.
    drrew
    NET Starter

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information