Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Check out Damon Huard's wiki page
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:45 pm 
* Report Button *

Nah, Tui would've been a great NFL QB. Just bad luck...with the Raiders at the worst time. I always figured the hatred ran so deep, that Gruden never attempted to get Tui to TB. Tui was to be Gruden's Golden Boy Heir Apparent to Gannon. Then, Al traded Gruden.

He was a sure thing, IMO.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:57 pm 
NET Veteran

That clip almost brought a tear to my eye. I realized 3 things I really miss:

1) Don James
2) Smacking the duck shit out of Oregon
3) The horse collar tackle.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:59 pm 
NET Veteran

HawkWow wrote:
That clip almost brought a tear to my eye. I realized 3 things I really miss:

1) Don James
2) Smacking the duck shit out of Oregon
3) The horse collar tackle.

Amen dude. More importantly - hot talking teams that think they are above UW, getting beat.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:03 pm 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
Nah, Tui would've been a great NFL QB. Just bad luck...with the Raiders at the worst time. I always figured the hatred ran so deep, that Gruden never attempted to get Tui to TB. Tui was to be Gruden's Golden Boy Heir Apparent to Gannon. Then, Al traded Gruden.

From an athletic stand point for sure, but not so sure Tui was cerebral enough to excel as a top notch NFL QB for any extended period of time. Absolutely loved the guy, though. If you could marry the talents of Price and Locker, you'd get Tui.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:12 pm 
NET Veteran

HawkWow wrote:
pehawk wrote:

From an athletic stand point for sure, but not so sure Tui was cerebral enough to excel as a top notch NFL QB for any extended period of time. Absolutely loved the guy, though. If you could marry the talents of Price and Locker, you'd get Tui.

Well said dude. :th2thumbs:

The QB of the future... Cyler Miles, is going to make Seattle a happy football town.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:36 am 
NET Veteran

Didn't Tui throw a pic to end the game against UO in 2000?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:40 am 
NET Starter

JSeahawks wrote:
CallMeADawg wrote:

Kind of like Scott Frost, whos now the Ducks offensive coordinator, and was the same kind of QB back at Nebraska.

At least that's my memory of him, whether or not its accurate.

No, Tui was nothing like Scott Frost who didn't throw for more than 100 yards a game in college. Tui was a much better passer and didn't have near the production running Frost did (he prob went for 1k or more rushing his SR season when he scored a million TD's and Nebraska split the National Championship).

The closest comparison you'd get to someone around the Oregon program would be Jeremiah Masoli minus the felonies. Tui was light years ahead as a passer, but they had similar skills when running the ball and while Tui probably has a couple of inches on him, they were built similarly.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]