Beavs and Cougs

JSeahawks

Reaction score
All the attention will be on Ducks vs Dawgs, and rightfully so. But I think WSU vs OSU could actually be the better, and more entertaining, game. The ball should be flying all over the paloose, wouldn't be surprised if there is more then 100 passes thrown.

I've got WSU winning 49-42.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
You are out of your mind. UW vs Oregon is by far the bigger attraction.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":f908ulay said:
You are out of your mind. UW vs Oregon is by far the bigger attraction.

Isnt that exactly what I said in the first sentence?

Just because its the biggest attraction doesn't mean it will end up being the best game.

pehawk

Reaction score
J's right though, this will be a very cool game. I love, love, love the Cougs are back to at least "respectable". Yeah, Cal aint good, but still, that was awesomeness last week.

XOXO

Rueben Mayes

Throwdown

Reaction score
I hope any Cougar fan that shows up at UW's Game Day thing gets punched in the throat, just gonna put it out there.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":13872jzj said:
I hope any Cougar fan that shows up at UW's Game Day thing gets punched in the throat, just gonna put it out there.

You don't actually think gameday is there to see the Huskies do you?

Cougs and Huskies alike need to get out of the way so the ESPN crew can see the attraction they came to see.

pehawk

Reaction score
I thought you wanted "Jseahawks wants Corso in his hOle!"?

razgriz737

Reaction score
Word going around is that Game Day is going to be set up in Red Square with Drumheller as the backdrop, FYI.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
The WSU flag will be there, just like it is wherever gameday goes. If that is an issue of contention, I think you take the rivalry too seriously.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, what's the story of the Coug flag being at every Gameday? Its awesome, all kinds of awesome.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2jsu5hd5 said:
Yeah, what's the story of the Coug flag being at every Gameday? Its awesome, all kinds of awesome.

What started as a bit of a gag Oct. 18, 2003 has turned into a “dead-on tradition,” Witthuhn said. In 2003, a few loyal WSU fans thought bringing a flag to a GameDay broadcast would persuade the show to take a trip to Pullman. At the time, the Cougars were battling for a Rose Bowl berth.

“We were a really good team at that point and we wanted College GameDay to come to Pullman,” Witthuhn said. “The fan base started doing it.”

Here’s how it works: Two alumni coordinators, Tom Pounds and Cameron McCoy, call or e-mail those individuals near the site of the upcoming GameDay broadcast, once ESPN announces the location. After a volunteer steps forward, a flag kit is shipped to the individual from the site of the previous GameDay appearance. It’s not cheap: Witthuhn and D. Scott Heath, another WSU fan among Saturday’s crowd, said the cost for shipping the two flags from GameDay set to GameDay set costs $1,500 a year.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/washing ... tradition/

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Regarding the game, its going to be a shootout, sellout crowd, two different passing games, Cougs dink and dunk then hit you over the top, Oregon State pushes the ball downfield, posts, ins, seam routes, should be a real fun game. Both secondaries have issues, WSU is weak at strong safety and it leads to a lot of miscommunications on deep balls. They also run some creative stuff back there that goads qbs into picks, but sometimes i feel like the kids get confused.

OSU has come into Pullman and kicked the Cougs teeth in for years now, it would be lovely to reverse that trend and get one win closer to a bowl game, its going to be tough though.

pehawk

Reaction score
Jseahawks, that story is awesome. So awesome. That's everything right about college sports.

Awesome.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, its pretty cool. I actually never watch gameday and didn't know anything about that tradition until today.

Supposedly Softy on the radio today offered a 20 dollar bounty to the UW fan who brings him those flags, which is some BS. "Lil Kim" on Dawgman is saying that the Cougs shouldn't fly them on UW's campus "out of respect". Which is even more BS. Hopefully they've got some security for the Coug fans with the flags this weekend.

DohBoy

Reaction score
Anybody see that tweet by that fat douche bag Softy Mahler? About ripping down the flag at Gameday? The non-alum offered any Mutt kid $100 to pull it down.

Subsequently, Chris Myers issued a tweet in response saying that the Coug flag will fly without interference by the local cupcake fanbase. Later that day, KJR put there foot to Mahler's jowls and he backtracked and said he was "just kidding." Either way, I'm sure he enraged a few basement-dwelling Mutt students...once they get a few B&J Fuzzy Navels in them, watch out!

BTW: Softy Mahler and bestiality. SMK5P.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Softy always does crap like that, pops off and then backs off saying "Just kidding come on guys can't you take a joke?"

He is living proof that the most obnoxious UW fans didn't even go to UW. The many alums I know are by and large pretty cool.