Good on Spurrier...

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Good on Spurrier...
Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm
  • Went on an emotional rant defending Clowney's decision to not play, and risk 10's of millions of dollars. Spurrier pointed out how much money he's made for the school and program.

Great, great, great. You cant blame Clowney for not risking millions, transformational/generational amounts, or dollars. Before anyone rips on Clowney - SHUT UP! You wouldn't risk setting up your family, for generations, to possibly never have to work. You just wouldn't. So stop, you're lying.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Good on Spurrier...
Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 pm
  • I would also point out, it's best for fans, coaches, players, reporters, etc., to avoid deciding how injured someone is or isn't. Only one person knows exactly what type of pain Clowney was in, and that person decided he was not in shape to play. That doesn't make him weak or soft, or any other negative adjective, it just meant he was injured and couldn't play.
    drrew
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:57 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Went on an emotional rant defending Clowney's decision to not play, and risk 10's of millions of dollars. Spurrier pointed out how much money he's made for the school and program.

Great, great, great. You cant blame Clowney for not risking millions, transformational/generational amounts, or dollars. Before anyone rips on Clowney - SHUT UP! You wouldn't risk setting up your family, for generations, to possibly never have to work. You just wouldn't. So stop, you're lying.

I have always liked and respected "the Ol' Ball Coach" as a college coach. Spurrier defending Clowney, when a lot other head coaches probably wouldn't, makes me like him even more.
    Last edited by cover-2 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:13 pm
  • I kind of got the idea it was actually real subtle sarcasm from Spurrier. All he had to do was say there was an injury. I have gotten the idea ll year that Spurrier thinks Clowney is a bit soft. He kind of uses the media as a foil to send his messages to Clowney.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:16 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:I kind of got the idea it was actually real subtle sarcasm from Spurrier. All he had to do was say there was an injury. I have gotten the idea ll year that Spurrier thinks Clowney is a bit soft. He kind of uses the media as a foil to send his messages to Clowney.

I'm speaking about the latest one, today. Yes, the other was CLASSIC Spurrier passive-aggressiveness.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:17 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:I kind of got the idea it was actually real subtle sarcasm from Spurrier. All he had to do was say there was an injury. I have gotten the idea ll year that Spurrier thinks Clowney is a bit soft. He kind of uses the media as a foil to send his messages to Clowney.

Yep. If pehawk is referring to spurrier a after game comments I thought it was pretty clear that he was taking a dig at clowney, not standing up for him.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:18 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:I kind of got the idea it was actually real subtle sarcasm from Spurrier. All he had to do was say there was an injury. I have gotten the idea ll year that Spurrier thinks Clowney is a bit soft. He kind of uses the media as a foil to send his messages to Clowney.

Yep. If pehawk is referring to spurrier a after game comments I thought it was pretty clear that he was taking a dig at clowney, not standing up for him.

They just showed today's comments on PTI. Entirely different and very emotional and heart-felt.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:13 pm
  • The media builds up Clowney to ridiculous levels, and then assassinates him as a football player when he doesn't fulfill the expectations they made for him. Spurrier is a pimp, good on him for clearing the air.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:49 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:I kind of got the idea it was actually real subtle sarcasm from Spurrier. All he had to do was say there was an injury. I have gotten the idea ll year that Spurrier thinks Clowney is a bit soft. He kind of uses the media as a foil to send his messages to Clowney.

I'm speaking about the latest one, today. Yes, the other was CLASSIC Spurrier passive-aggressiveness.

I didn't see that. Good on him.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:50 pm
  • I just want to clear the air that Jadeveon — all those No. 7 jerseys and all the money he has made for our school — he has been a tremendous, important player," Spurrier said. "Every Gamecock, including me, the coaches and everybody else, we need to be appreciative that he chose South Carolina. He could have gone anywhere in the country. He is a big reason we have had those seasons. He is trying to do all he can to get ready to play.

"We all handled it poorly, all of us. ... This was a situation that he had something that was really bothering him and hopefully it will be taken care of real soon.

"He is hurt. If he doesn't play another down every Gamecock should be thankful he is here."

I couldn't find the video. But, it was genuine.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:33 pm
  • Nice of him. It's funny, earlier today I was thinking that next star SC player Spurrier recruits was going to have second thoughts after Spurrier's comments on gameday.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information