Pac 12 predictions for this weekend

JSeahawks

Reaction score
What do you think? Here's the games:

Colorado @ Oregon State
Arizona @ Washington
Stanford @ Washington St
Cal @ Oregon (7:30 game. Weather forecast says 2.5 to 3 inches of rain falls on Eugene Saturday night. Ugly conditions)
USC @ Arizona St.

Utah and UCLA have byes.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Colorado
Washington
Stanford
Oregon
ASU

I hate picking against OSU when they're the home team, but who can trust them after they lost to a D-6 school? (Slightly exaggerated.)

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
My prediction:

Beavers 38 Buffalos 31. I couldn't tell you a single player on Colorado or even what kind of offense they run so this is a complete guess. I know the Beavers defense is one of the worst I've seen in awhile though.

Huskies 42 Wildcats 31. I've actually been picking UW to beat Stanford and lose to Arizona all year, but after watching a few weeks i'm changing those. Not real impressed with Arizona's QB. Hard to tell just how good either of these two teams are so far. If the weather system that's scheduled to hit Eugene hits Seattle as well (although this game is 4 hours earlier, so they might miss it) scores will likely be lower.

Stanford 31 Cougars 10. Cougs are improved, and I think they might be a bowl team this year. But Stanford will beat them up.

Oregon 54 Cal 10. Or, if the expected monsoon doesn't hit Oregon 70 Cal 28. Cal has a great passing attack but a true freshman QB who will turn the ball over too. If the weather is decent I expect them to score some points but also to throw 4 or 5 interceptions to the Ducks. If the monsoon hits Oregon should have a huge advantage in a battle of running games.

Arizona State 24 USC 21: More of a defensive game then would traidionally be expected from these 2 schools. Lane Kiffin one step closer to being fired.

CPHawk

Reaction score
OS by a lot. Cu isn't even a d6 school.
UW
UO
Furd

seahawk2k

Reaction score
UW beats Arizona: Had this penciled in as a loss for UW all offseason. Have tickets for this game and the WSU game later in the evening, I was hoping for a classic noon UW start time so I could double dip, alas, no dice. I think this will be an interesting game, but I don't think Arizona has the firepower to stay with UW for four quarters unless UW piddles around a bit. UW wins 38-28

Oregon over Cal: This Cal qb is going to be legit, huge arm, love the throwing motion, but Oregon's secondary closes windows much faster than most. He's going to turn it over a few times. Cal had done a better job than most against Oregon's offense over the years, but Clancy is gone and whomever coaches that defense now is a flippin idiot. Oregon rolls 51-17

USC ASU: If history tells us anything, its that ASU historically does not rebound from losses well. I think USC shuts down ASU's offense and gets just enough offensively to win and Kiffin survives another week. USC 20-14.

Colorado OSU: To properly describe OSU's defense would require language not fit for this forum. To describe Colorado's football over the last five years would require the same. Both teams can chuck it though. OSU wins 48-41

WSU/Stanford: I've got a 9 1/2 hour tailgating session planned down at the Clink for this one. Last year I needed every drop of that tequila for WSU/Oregon. WSU matches up well defensively against Stanford, and they should be able to hold up well. Unfortunately, WSU struggles offensively with stunts, twists and press coverage with safety help over the top. Stanford does all of these things extremely well, they also tackle well, really well. Stanford 23-10

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Colorado @ Oregon State - After the last two weeks of pitiful play by Oregon State (really 3 out of four weeks) I am not convinced they can even beat Colorado. Oregon State is in the north, so I will selfishly pick Colorado in this one.

Arizona @ Washington - Washington is playing great ball, and this is a good test to see how much they have improved. Husky Stadium, so the Dawgs roll.

Stanford @ Washington St - This is my upset watch game, as WSU is playing great defense! I fully expect Stanford to win, but boy would I love to see WSU win in an upset a the CLink.

Cal @ Oregon - LOL, Oregon rolls.

USC @ Arizona St. - Arizona State shows the world that USC sucks this year.

cboom

Reaction score
JSeahawks":15lv7lor said:
My prediction:

Beavers 38 Buffalos 31. I couldn't tell you a single player on Colorado or even what kind of offense they run so this is a complete guess. I know the Beavers defense is one of the worst I've seen in awhile though.

Huskies 42 Wildcats 31. I've actually been picking UW to beat Stanford and lose to Arizona all year, but after watching a few weeks i'm changing those. Not real impressed with Arizona's QB. Hard to tell just how good either of these two teams are so far. If the weather system that's scheduled to hit Eugene hits Seattle as well (although this game is 4 hours earlier, so they might miss it) scores will likely be lower.

Stanford 31 Cougars 10. Cougs are improved, and I think they might be a bowl team this year. But Stanford will beat them up.

Oregon 54 Cal 10. Or, if the expected monsoon doesn't hit Oregon 70 Cal 28. Cal has a great passing attack but a true freshman QB who will turn the ball over too. If the weather is decent I expect them to score some points but also to throw 4 or 5 interceptions to the Ducks. If the monsoon hits Oregon should have a huge advantage in a battle of running games.

Arizona State 24 USC 21: More of a defensive game then would traidionally be expected from these 2 schools. Lane Kiffin one step closer to being fired.

You pick all four right. And were real close on your Ducks score. They probably could have put up 90 to a 100 if they kept the peddle down today. Man I hate Oregon! But it is ridiculous they are not rated #1 in every poll at this time, they are freak show good. If we can beat Stanford (and that would be a huge if) next week, Game Day almost has to come to Seattle the following week doesn't it?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
cboom":2wj2z9qi said:
You pick all four right. And were real close on your Ducks score. They probably could have put up 90 to a 100 if they kept the peddle down today. Man I hate Oregon!

This is college football, and there is a concept of being fair sportsman, especially when it comes to kids in school. Maybe Duck fans will learn that someday, although I will say they did let off the throttle as a team today and I was very pleased to see that.

You sir, should be ashamed of yourself.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cboom":109xwlgu said:
You pick all four right. And were real close on your Ducks score. They probably could have put up 90 to a 100 if they kept the peddle down today. Man I hate Oregon! But it is ridiculous they are not rated #1 in every poll at this time, they are freak show good. If we can beat Stanford (and that would be a huge if) next week, Game Day almost has to come to Seattle the following week doesn't it?

They'll probably either be in Seattle, or Florida is at LSU that weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if they go down there instead.

cboom

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":9d7h9v5t said:
cboom":9d7h9v5t said:
You pick all four right. And were real close on your Ducks score. They probably could have put up 90 to a 100 if they kept the peddle down today. Man I hate Oregon!

This is college football, and there is a concept of being fair sportsman, especially when it comes to kids in school. Maybe Duck fans will learn that someday, although I will say they did let off the throttle as a team today and I was very pleased to see that.

What did I say that I should be ashamed of? I do hate Oregon, but think they could have put a hundy. We could have last week against Idaho State as well. In both cases the teams did the right thing and shut it down.

cboom

Reaction score
JSeahawks":bsmvhaap said:
cboom":bsmvhaap said:

They'll probably either be in Seattle, or Florida is at LSU that weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if they go down there instead.

If we beat Stanford we should be in the top 10. And as much as I hate it, Oregon is getting as much national love as any team in the nation. I believe before today (we didn't put up huge yards) you were 1 and we were 3 in YPG. New Husky Stadium. With all that I would think they would have to make the trip to the west coast.

But we have to figure out a way to go 5-0 to find out. That's a big hill to climb. The Duck's should actually be rooting for us next week for the first time ever maybe.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
cboom":zyqehdiq said:
CallMeADawg":zyqehdiq said:
cboom":zyqehdiq said:

What did I say that I should be ashamed of? I do hate Oregon, but think they could have put a hundy. We could have last week against Idaho State as well. In both cases the teams did the right thing and shut it down.

I must have misinterpreted your 90 to 100 points statement. :) I thought you meant that would have been okay to do.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3turve7c said:
cboom":3turve7c said:

You dont say... The Dawgs are playing well and the media would prefer a Florida team. :roll: