Oregon vs. Washington

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:42 am
  • Personally, I've found this thread to be entertaining. A bit surprised by the Oregon fan base complaining that we Dawg fans are not giving UO their due respect. I mean, it's Ducks vs. Dawgs, what would you expect? I hope the day never comes when the fanbase of the two teams sit around trying to out-do one another with flattery and compliments. That would just be creepy...and in some respects, disrespectful. When we no longer have this bitter rivalry, that will likely signal that one, if not both, of the teams are no longer a threat to each other. Sorta' the way I (now) feel about USC. They suck too badly to hate.

    The above aside, I am probably as hardcore of a Dawg fan as anyone should care to be. I'm sick. But not so sick to where I can't identify the greatness of any given team. I've made it clear that THIS Dawg fan in particular, thinks UO is not only the best team in the country, but the most entertaining....by a long shot. Do I like the Ducks? HELL NO! I hate 'em. But they are the team to beat, IMO, and if that doesn't warrant respect, you are disrespecting the team for reasons aside from football, IMO.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5253
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:47 am
  • The issue is, just like with Dawgso, the thread isn't about the game, its about the posturing between the two programs and the constant attempt at illegitimizing the other program. Did I just make up the word illegitimizing? My spell check thinks so.

    The UW argument "You have no history"
    The Oregon argument "All you have is ancient history"

    Round and round we go. This should be a fascinating game, shame that the game itself always gets passed over and we get thread after thread of this bs. Isn't the Smack Shack for this kind of crap?
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1626
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:06 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:The UW argument "You have no history"
    The Oregon argument "All you have is ancient history"


    It's sort of funny...

    The 40-Whiner argument "You have no history"
    The Seahawk argument "All you have is ancient history"
    Image
    User avatar
    DohBoy
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 364
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:57 pm
    Location: Spokompton


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:09 pm
  • DohBoy wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:The UW argument "You have no history"
    The Oregon argument "All you have is ancient history"


    It's sort of funny...

    The 40-Whiner argument "You have no history"
    The Seahawk argument "All you have is ancient history"


    And both the ducks and the seahawks have a really legit chance to make history this year. I just hope at least one of them can do it. I'd prefer the seahawks, but would gladly take the ducks as well. Both of them winning it all would be unbelievable for me
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18555
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:12 pm
  • Best of luck to them, and I am looking forward to seeing them play in Seattle. (Both!)
    User avatar
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 597
    Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:24 am


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:42 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    DohBoy wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:The UW argument "You have no history"
    The Oregon argument "All you have is ancient history"


    It's sort of funny...

    The 40-Whiner argument "You have no history"
    The Seahawk argument "All you have is ancient history"


    And both the ducks and the seahawks have a really legit chance to make history this year. I just hope at least one of them can do it. I'd prefer the seahawks, but would gladly take the ducks as well. Both of them winning it all would be unbelievable for me


    Hm. As a huge Husky and Seahawk fan, this is where I disagree. I would take a UW National Championship over a Seahawk Super Bowl every time. I'm not exactly sure why, but it would mean a good deal more to me....and I would go CRAZY over a Super Bowl.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    User avatar
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 638
    Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:08 pm
  • Yikes...

    I'm taking the Super Bowl, after the darkness that was 2008 for Seattle sports, a Super Bowl would be the best thing to make us forget it.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19136
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:40 pm
  • ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    And both the ducks and the seahawks have a really legit chance to make history this year. I just hope at least one of them can do it. I'd prefer the seahawks, but would gladly take the ducks as well. Both of them winning it all would be unbelievable for me


    Hm. As a huge Husky and Seahawk fan, this is where I disagree. I would take a UW National Championship over a Seahawk Super Bowl every time. I'm not exactly sure why, but it would mean a good deal more to me....and I would go CRAZY over a Super Bowl.


    I'm not a UO grad though. That might make me feel different. I'm just a fan.

    Seahawks are my passion and my obsession. Ducks are just like a really fun hobby

    Fun stat that I just came across: Marcus Mariota in his last 10 games has 32 touchdowns (24 passing, 8 rushing) and only 1 interception.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18555
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:41 pm
  • A Seahawks win in a Super Bowl is the absolute apex of things I want to happen in sports. WSU could win 10 National Titles in a row, the Super Bowl would still be sweeter.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1626
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:48 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    And both the ducks and the seahawks have a really legit chance to make history this year. I just hope at least one of them can do it. I'd prefer the seahawks, but would gladly take the ducks as well. Both of them winning it all would be unbelievable for me


    Hm. As a huge Husky and Seahawk fan, this is where I disagree. I would take a UW National Championship over a Seahawk Super Bowl every time. I'm not exactly sure why, but it would mean a good deal more to me....and I would go CRAZY over a Super Bowl.


    I'm not a UO grad though. That might make me feel different. I'm just a fan.

    Seahawks are my passion and my obsession. Ducks are just like a really fun hobby

    Fun stat that I just came across: Marcus Mariota in his last 10 games has 32 touchdowns (24 passing, 8 rushing) and only 1 interception.


    I don't go to UW either. I play baseball at a CC in the Seattle area.

    I have been going to games since I was born, though. And they're my real passion. Hawks are too, but Dawgs are #1.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    User avatar
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 638
    Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:22 pm
  • ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    And both the ducks and the seahawks have a really legit chance to make history this year. I just hope at least one of them can do it. I'd prefer the seahawks, but would gladly take the ducks as well. Both of them winning it all would be unbelievable for me


    Hm. As a huge Husky and Seahawk fan, this is where I disagree. I would take a UW National Championship over a Seahawk Super Bowl every time. I'm not exactly sure why, but it would mean a good deal more to me....and I would go CRAZY over a Super Bowl.


    I'm not a UO grad though. That might make me feel different. I'm just a fan.

    Seahawks are my passion and my obsession. Ducks are just like a really fun hobby

    Fun stat that I just came across: Marcus Mariota in his last 10 games has 32 touchdowns (24 passing, 8 rushing) and only 1 interception.


    I don't go to UW either. I play baseball at a CC in the Seattle area.

    I have been going to games since I was born, though. And they're my real passion. Hawks are too, but Dawgs are #1.


    My grandfather has multiple masters degrees from UW, and served as the Dean of Admissions for decades. My father, and my aunts all graduated from UW. I have an AA in Business from BC and start at UW in Fall 2014. I am not a kid (34 years old) but when I decided to go to school, there was no other place I wanted to go than UW. It's literally in my blood to be a Dawg, hate Cougars, and despise Ducks. :)

    Thus, if folks took my comments as being highly negative toward Oregon. You know why now. I was raised that way. GO DAWGS!
    User avatar
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 597
    Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:24 am


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:43 pm
  • BC = Boston College?
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

    -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    User avatar
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3345
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA - USA


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:53 pm
  • Like a sizeable portion of UW fans, I bet the "BC" this gentlemen is referring to is Bellevue Community College, now known as "Bellevue College" as his place of prior education.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1626
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:20 pm
  • Correct, Bellevue College.
    User avatar
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 597
    Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:24 am


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:22 pm
  • I didn't realize the name was different, anyways congrats man.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

    -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    User avatar
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3345
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA - USA


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:20 pm
  • ChrisB Bacon wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    DohBoy wrote:
    seahawk2k wrote:The UW argument "You have no history"
    The Oregon argument "All you have is ancient history"


    It's sort of funny...

    The 40-Whiner argument "You have no history"
    The Seahawk argument "All you have is ancient history"


    And both the ducks and the seahawks have a really legit chance to make history this year. I just hope at least one of them can do it. I'd prefer the seahawks, but would gladly take the ducks as well. Both of them winning it all would be unbelievable for me


    Hm. As a huge Husky and Seahawk fan, this is where I disagree. I would take a UW National Championship over a Seahawk Super Bowl every time. I'm not exactly sure why, but it would mean a good deal more to me....and I would go CRAZY over a Super Bowl.


    I wrestle with this every minute I'm awake. Extra tough year, because this is the first Hawk team that I love as much as the Dawgs....at least this minute. Yeah today it's the Hawks / SB. But that could change here in a few hrs. I suppose the reality factor sometimes straightens out my emotions. I think the Hawks have about a 33% chance of winning it all and the Dawgs about a 3% chance. So there's that.

    I just paused before submitting to see if the new minute brought a change of heart. It didn't. So 2 minutes in a row, I'm down with the Hawks. I think it's partially because this Hawk team is so young and Carroll brings a college like excitement to the field. This is likely why this is by far my favorite Hawk team of all time. This is not my favorite Dawg team, by far, so there's that too. I'm just sorta' rambling now. Please carry on.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5253
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:15 pm
  • The Hawks have my attention as far as excitement around winning it all goes. UW I have higher expectations for this year, and that will quickly escalate if they knock off Stanford, and if they manage to beat Oregon in Seattle... My friends will never see me on weekends ever again (unless they come here to watch games!)
    User avatar
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 597
    Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:24 am


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:38 pm
  • If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

    IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

    Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5253
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:42 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

    IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

    Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )


    *note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18555
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:47 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

    IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

    Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )


    *note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.


    Healthy dose of UO arrogance. :stirthepot:
    User avatar
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 597
    Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:24 am


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:50 pm
  • I like to call it reality.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18555
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:53 pm
  • It's ok, we are used to Oregon and their fans.
    User avatar
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 597
    Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:24 am


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:29 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

    IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

    Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )


    *note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.


    Plug them with duck calls.

    While you blow your top, you'll be helping the Ducks find their way home. ; )
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5253
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:45 pm
  • Time set for 1pm kickoff
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1626
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote: Why? What did we ever do to the Ducks to deserve the humiliation they crave to bestow upon us...why why why?


    Kim Grimolds. Chris Fetters. And Ruth Robbins (I actually kinda like Ruth, but she's wacky when it comes to her Duck hatred).

    They are the reason that most Duck fans (at least us message board nerd Duck fans) want to destroy UW. I love UW's new system. I like a lot of your players. I have fun yuckin it up with most of the UW fans on this board, most of y'all are good people. But I don't ever want either of those three that I mentioned to have the satisfaction of UW beating UO.


    Aww the Dawgman DB's! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about J. My favorite part was them feeding all the members there that Oregon was about to get the "death penalty" from the NCAA for the recruiting violations. After the slap on the wrist I was front and center in-front of my computer witnessing the meltdown, absolutely priceless.

    Anyways, regarding Oregon and UW fans banter; it's always a nice debate. I understand that programs dominate in cycles and that Oregon hasn't won a national championship but their run is still very much underway and they don't show much signs of slowing down. It'll be interesting to hear what UW fans have to say once Oregon does win one, I'm guessing it will sound something like this ".. The 91' Huskies were still much better!". :roll:

    I'm still looking forward to playing them in a few weeks and still think that WA isn't deep enough to stay with Oregon for four quarters. I'll have my popcorn ready after the game so I can read Husky forums calling for Sark's head. :D
    Image
    User avatar
    jhern87
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 111
    Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:15 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote: Why? What did we ever do to the Ducks to deserve the humiliation they crave to bestow upon us...why why why?


    Kim Grimolds. Chris Fetters. And Ruth Robbins (I actually kinda like Ruth, but she's wacky when it comes to her Duck hatred).

    They are the reason that most Duck fans (at least us message board nerd Duck fans) want to destroy UW. I love UW's new system. I like a lot of your players. I have fun yuckin it up with most of the UW fans on this board, most of y'all are good people. But I don't ever want either of those three that I mentioned to have the satisfaction of UW beating UO.


    Aww the Dawgman DB's! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about J. My favorite part was them feeding all the members there that Oregon was about to get the "death penalty" from the NCAA for the recruiting violations. After the slap on the wrist I was front and center in-front of my computer witnessing the meltdown, absolutely priceless.

    Anyways, regarding Oregon and UW fans banter; it's always a nice debate. I understand that programs dominate in cycles and that Oregon hasn't won a national championship but their run is still very much underway and they don't show much signs of slowing down. It'll be interesting to hear what UW fans have to say once Oregon does win one, I'm guessing it will sound something like this ".. The 91' Huskies were still much better!". :roll:

    I'm still looking forward to playing them in a few weeks and still think that WA isn't deep enough to stay with Oregon for four quarters. I'll have my popcorn ready after the game so I can read Husky forums calling for Sark's head. :D


    Yeah, that would be interesting. Problem is that it's not going to happen. UW will win another national championship before Oregon ever wins one.

    Go Dawgs!
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

    You win.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4018
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    jhern87 wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote: Why? What did we ever do to the Ducks to deserve the humiliation they crave to bestow upon us...why why why?


    Kim Grimolds. Chris Fetters. And Ruth Robbins (I actually kinda like Ruth, but she's wacky when it comes to her Duck hatred).

    They are the reason that most Duck fans (at least us message board nerd Duck fans) want to destroy UW. I love UW's new system. I like a lot of your players. I have fun yuckin it up with most of the UW fans on this board, most of y'all are good people. But I don't ever want either of those three that I mentioned to have the satisfaction of UW beating UO.


    Aww the Dawgman DB's! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about J. My favorite part was them feeding all the members there that Oregon was about to get the "death penalty" from the NCAA for the recruiting violations. After the slap on the wrist I was front and center in-front of my computer witnessing the meltdown, absolutely priceless.

    Anyways, regarding Oregon and UW fans banter; it's always a nice debate. I understand that programs dominate in cycles and that Oregon hasn't won a national championship but their run is still very much underway and they don't show much signs of slowing down. It'll be interesting to hear what UW fans have to say once Oregon does win one, I'm guessing it will sound something like this ".. The 91' Huskies were still much better!". :roll:

    I'm still looking forward to playing them in a few weeks and still think that WA isn't deep enough to stay with Oregon for four quarters. I'll have my popcorn ready after the game so I can read Husky forums calling for Sark's head. :D


    Yeah, that would be interesting. Problem is that it's not going to happen. UW will win another national championship before Oregon ever wins one.

    Go Dawgs!


    Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3
    Image
    User avatar
    jhern87
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 111
    Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:50 pm
  • jhern87 wrote: Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3


    Won't break my heart. College football programs ebb and flow. Alternatively, I'll look forward to coming back when Oregon fails to make the title game again this year.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

    You win.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4018
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:03 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    jhern87 wrote: Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3


    Won't break my heart. College football programs ebb and flow. Alternatively, I'll look forward to coming back when Oregon fails to make the title game again this year.


    Sounds about right.. Husky fans rooting against Oregon more than they root for their own team.
    Image
    User avatar
    jhern87
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 111
    Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    jhern87 wrote: Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3


    Won't break my heart. College football programs ebb and flow. Alternatively, I'll look forward to coming back when Oregon fails to make the title game again this year.


    Sounds about right.. Husky fans rooting against Oregon more than they root for their own team.


    Nope. The Huskies are getting their feet under them. Just a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

    You win.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4018
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:32 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    jhern87 wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    jhern87 wrote: Wow really? This is what going 4-0 to start the season does to Husky fans? Looking forward to coming back in here on the 19th when you guys are 4-3


    Won't break my heart. College football programs ebb and flow. Alternatively, I'll look forward to coming back when Oregon fails to make the title game again this year.


    Sounds about right.. Husky fans rooting against Oregon more than they root for their own team.


    Nope. The Huskies are getting their feet under them. Just a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts.


    Getting their feet under them? The Huskies are a lot closer to getting a new coach than getting their "feet under them". I understand being optimistic about your team but lets not act like if Sark doesn't win 9+ games he's not likely out as HC.
    Image
    User avatar
    jhern87
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 111
    Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:54 pm
  • I think the Huskies look pretty good. If I remember correctly, Oregon had a pretty long "rough patch" before Chip showed up and put them on the map. Like I said, ebb and flow.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

    You win.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4018
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:07 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:I think the Huskies look pretty good. If I remember correctly, Oregon had a pretty long "rough patch" before Chip showed up and put them on the map. Like I said, ebb and flow.


    Well see.. You're not remembering right. We won 5 games in 04 and 7 games in 06 but had a 10 win year in 05. Not exactly a "rough patch".
    Image
    User avatar
    jhern87
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 111
    Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:36 am
  • Huskys think UO is going to fall back after signing the top rated RB a year ago, this year UO is going to be signing the #2 RB in the class in Royce Freeman. The kid is the second coming of Adrian Peteson, but bigger 6'1 227. UO just need a Qb who can do enough to keep the d honest, and the I will continue to roll with studs like Tyner and Freeman.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2209
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:50 am
  • CPHawk wrote:Huskys think UO is going to fall back after signing the top rated RB a year ago, this year UO is going to be signing the #2 RB in the class in Royce Freeman. The kid is the second coming of Adrian Peteson, but bigger 6'1 227. UO just need a Qb who can do enough to keep the d honest, and the I will continue to roll with studs like Tyner and Freeman.


    Whoa now! Loosin those green and yellow goggles a little my man. Freeman is a man child BUT to compare to arguably the greatest ever at the position might be a little much for a HS senior. After all, much of a players potential is above the shoulder pads. Nobody knows what the guys work ethic is like. Not saying you're wrong, just saying lets wait to anoint the man.

    Personally I'm excited about new RB commit Tony James out of Florida. Reminds me a lot of a recent RB for Oregon with the same last name. Excited to see how both Freeman and James progress.
    Image
    User avatar
    jhern87
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 111
    Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:08 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:Huskys think UO is going to fall back after signing the top rated RB a year ago, this year UO is going to be signing the #2 RB in the class in Royce Freeman. The kid is the second coming of Adrian Peteson, but bigger 6'1 227. UO just need a Qb who can do enough to keep the d honest, and the I will continue to roll with studs like Tyner and Freeman.


    Whoa now! Loosin those green and yellow goggles a little my man. Freeman is a man child BUT to compare to arguably the greatest ever at the position might be a little much for a HS senior. After all, much of a players potential is above the shoulder pads. Nobody knows what the guys work ethic is like. Not saying you're wrong, just saying lets wait to anoint the man.

    Personally I'm excited about new RB commit Tony James out of Florida. Reminds me a lot of a recent RB for Oregon with the same last name. Excited to see how both Freeman and James progress.



    You're right of course, but it's hard to not get excited about a kid who has broke every rushing record in a conference that has produced Reggie Bush, Rashaan Salaam, Ricky Williams and Marcus Allen.

    James also looks great, UO is stacked at RB for years to come.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2209
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:37 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:Huskys think UO is going to fall back after signing the top rated RB a year ago, this year UO is going to be signing the #2 RB in the class in Royce Freeman. The kid is the second coming of Adrian Peteson, but bigger 6'1 227. UO just need a Qb who can do enough to keep the d honest, and the I will continue to roll with studs like Tyner and Freeman.


    Just to pile on the absurdity of this, Freeman, while a very good player, and a very good recruit, runs a 4.6 40, and comparing him to Adrian Peterson is laughable. He's not even as highly regarded as Tyner and going back further, doesn't hold a candle to what Jonathan Stewart was as a high school prospect. Again, not knocking Freeman who may turn out to be a very good player, but it's just as likely he waits 3+ years waiting to start behind Coleman and Tyner.

    This reminds me of a guy who used to post on the dawgman basketball boards. Was convinced that Artem Wallace as a HS prospect was the second coming of Dirk Nowitzki.
    drrew
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 462
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:12 pm
  • Image
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18555
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:24 am
  • jhern87 wrote:Aww the Dawgman DB's! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about J. My favorite part was them feeding all the members there that Oregon was about to get the "death penalty" from the NCAA for the recruiting violations. After the slap on the wrist I was front and center in-front of my computer witnessing the meltdown, absolutely priceless.

    You mean this guy?:

    Image

    You'd better be careful: Kimmie has anonymous sources telling him once again that the NCAA is going to hammer Oregon. I'd suggest you go talk about it on MuttMan, but of course you have to buy a subscription first. Ironic that a bunch of hardcore, badass football fans are so thin-skinned like that...somehow reminds me of the mods on 49ersWebZone.com.
    Image
    User avatar
    DohBoy
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 364
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:57 pm
    Location: Spokompton


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:29 am
  • Dudes name is Kim...?

    Jesus....
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19136
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:42 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Dudes name is Kim...?

    Jesus....

    And he sells real estate for Windermere in Renton-Tukwila.

    Therefore, if you're a local Duck (or Coug) fan in that area, you might want to reconsider listing a home through that Windermere office. I suspect his whole Mutt "hyper-fan" schtick is simply an attempt to get an edge in real estate...just like with joining professional organizations, being active in a local mega church and the similar. Simply wear a lilac shirt, sport a pee-colored tie and market yourself as the "agent for real Husky fans."

    Makes you want to take a shower, doesn't it?
    Last edited by DohBoy on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    User avatar
    DohBoy
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 364
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:57 pm
    Location: Spokompton


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 am
  • CallMeADawg wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:If we beat Stanford, you will likely hear my voice the first time we take the lead vs Oregon....and I'm several thousand miles away. ; )

    IF we beat Oregon, we will no longer have to pick between Natty and SB, both would be a possibility. ; )

    Oh...back TF off, people. Yes, I am being delusional. So what? If you spent your Friday night the way I did mine, you'd be loopy, too. No prisoners, no apologies. ; )


    *note to self* Put in my ear plugs in 2017 so I don't need to hear HawkWow.


    Healthy dose of UO arrogance. :stirthepot:

    Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.
    User avatar
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 466
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:24 am


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:47 am
  • This thread is going to look really embarrassing in a few weeks. Oregon's defense is legitimate (See: Golden Bears, California) and the offense is still next to impossible to defend if you don't have SEC/Stanford defenses.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15141
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:49 am
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

    Apparently "1.5 National Championships" is the new "Five Super Bowls."

    Note: 1.5 could change to 2/3/4 by the time you read this, as someone may have edited the Husky wiki page in the interim to add another one.
    Image
    User avatar
    DohBoy
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 364
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:57 pm
    Location: Spokompton


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 pm
  • This "You guys are arrogant!" "No! You are!" Debate is going to explode next week if UW beats Stanford. I'm hoping UW wins this week, because I have tickets to UW/Oregon and would love to see a couple undefeated teams ranked in the top 10 duel on a Saturday afternoon in October.

    Carry on gents.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1626
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:34 pm
  • One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

    I don't blame them for doing so because it's obviously very effective (cutting edge uni's appeal to recruits and the read option wins games), I'm just curious if any Husky fans didn't like the fact that they're obviously mimicking the team they despise so much?
    Image
    User avatar
    jhern87
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 111
    Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:38 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:43 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

    I don't blame them for doing so because it's obviously very effective (cutting edge uni's appeal to recruits and the read option wins games), I'm just curious if any Husky fans didn't like the fact that they're obviously mimicking the team they despise so much?


    I'll bite, it feels dirty to me. Really dirty.

    However, I do think Sark doing that in one offseason is amazing and a testament to him being a pro-level coach.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:53 pm
  • jhern87 wrote:One thing I'm interested to hear about is how Husky fans feel about blatantly copying Oregon. From chrome helmets (which I'm not knocking, think they look sharp) to holding up signs to call plays. I remember Husky fans calling our offense a "gimmick" but now they're running an uptempo, read option just like we are.

    I don't blame them for doing so because it's obviously very effective (cutting edge uni's appeal to recruits and the read option wins games), I'm just curious if any Husky fans didn't like the fact that they're obviously mimicking the team they despise so much?


    C,mon man, when you were dressing just like Jordan Knight, did I mock you?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11025
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:54 pm
  • I still remember what you did to me when I dressed like Bobby Knight.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:03 pm
  • DohBoy wrote:
    Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Whatever, Husky fans basically wrote the book on arrogance.

    Apparently "1.5 National Championships" is the new "Five Super Bowls."

    Note: 1.5 could change to 2/3/4 by the time you read this, as someone may have edited the Husky wiki page in the interim to add another one.


    Stop reading Wiki's and go read the NCAA books.

    Hint: It is more than the "1.5" you stated.
    User avatar
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 597
    Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:24 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests