Oregon vs. Washington

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Oregon vs. Washington
Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:50 am

Even captured the 24874893724832 uniforms, flawless
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:00 pm
  • You photoshop cats got NOTHING on my MS Paint skills, suckas.

3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:08 pm
  • Sounds liked there's a pretty good chance deanthony Thomas is not playing. Game time decision but he sounded pretty pessimistic today. Obviously that would be a huge factor in the game.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:12 pm
  • Even without Thomas there is going to be an absurd amount of speed on the field Saturday. Kind of like those old Florida State/Florida games from the mid 90's.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:22 pm
  • I'd gone Miami (Erickson) vs FSU, personally, but point remains.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:29 pm
  • The speed on Erickson's Miami teams were mostly on defense, so FSU and Miami always play low scoring games. Florida/Florida State had equal talent on both sides, big plays all over the place.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:37 pm
  • Speaking of speed. Here's the explosion plays for the Ducks offense this year (anything over 25 yards). The Ducks have 35 through 5 games, had 46 all of last year:

75 - Addison rec. at COLO (Mariota)*
    71 - Mariota rush at UVA*
    57 - Mundt rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
    54 - Huff rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)*
    49 - Marshall rush vs. NICH*
    47 - Marshall rush vs. NICH
    46 - Mariota rush vs. NICH*
    46 - Huff rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
    45 - Hawkins rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)*
    45 - Forde rush vs. NICH
    44 - Addison rec. at COLO (Mariota)*
    40 - Forde rush at COLO
    40 - Thomas rush at UVA*
    40 - Lowe rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
    39 - Huff rec. at COLO (Mariota)
    38 - Addison rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
    37 - Allen rec. vs. COLO (Rodrigues)
    36 - Marshall rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
    31 - Huff rec. at UVA (Mariota)
    31 - Tyner rush at UVA*
    31 - Huff rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
    30 - Addison rec. at UVA (Mariota)*
    28 - Mundt rec. vs. CAL (Mariota)
    28 - Thomas rush vs. TENN*
    28 - Thomas rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
    28 - Huff rec. vs. TENN (Mariota)
    28 - Thomas rec. at UVA (Mariota)
    28 - Rodrigues vs. NICH
    27 - Huff rec. vs. NICH (Mariota)
    27 - Addison rec. vs. NICH* (Mariota)
    27 - Mariota rush vs. NICH
    26 - Mariota rush vs. NICH
    26 - Huff rec. at COLO (Mariota)*
    25 - Marshall rush vs. CAL*
    25 - Huff rec. vs. CAL (Mariota)
    * indicates touchdown
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:50 pm
  • Good thing Huskys aren't a bird dog. Now if it was the UW labs or German shorthairs, ducks might be in trouble.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:51 pm
  • seahawks2k and I we're trying to reminisce, and duckboy comes waltzing in. I was about to do a Bentley reference, too. Way to go.

XOXO

Darrin Smith
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:56 pm
  • We'll soldier on, I'm getting a high top fade right now as we speak.

Leon Searcy
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:59 pm
  • Speaking of Erickson, I really liked him as a NFL coach. He came in, owner went Major League, then was hired for the 49ers "probation years". Never got too fair of a shot. He had a very underrated eye for NFL talent (once Behring gave him personnel responsibilities as the caveat to LA).

XOXO

Bob Bratkowski
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:00 pm
  • You gotta give Randy Mueller some of the credit for all that talent the Hawks brought in back then too. He went to the Saints and built a playoff team with Jim Haslett at coach, thats an achievement.

I wanted to like Erickson, but all the penalties, the mediocrity, the failure to close games and constantly losing to teams they shouldn't just killed me. He was/is a great offensive mind, pioneering one of my favorite offenses ever in the one back, but his lack of attention to detail held his teams back.

XOXO

Howard Mudd
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:17 pm
  • Well, yeah, the Saints became "Seahawks South", Green Bay back-up QB and everything. That's more Mueller. Jay Bellamy (Tupac) and the likes.

But if I remember correctly it was Erickson that identified; Pete Kendall, Kevin Mawae, Ahman Green, Kitna, etc. If Holmgren had those skills his rebuild wouldn't have taken so long. Mirer, then Freisz breaking his leg, really stunted his growth.

I do see your point on his teams committing penalties and seeming undisciplined. All I'd say is those adjectives can be used to describe Pete's Hawks too. It's a fine line between success and failure. If given a good ownership group and better direction, who knows?

I always have to wonder what that Vinnie helmet team would've became. So much talent and potential, and that game shattered a season.

XOXO

Michael Frier's Pristine Shoes
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:30 pm
  • The Vinny game didn't shatter a season, it made them go from 9-7 to 8-8. People also forget Carlester Crumpler dropped a third down pass that would've iced the game before that Vinny drive. Regardless, they won their next two games after the Vinny game then lost to the Super Bowl champs by seven in Mile High. I'm not sure that team had the heart or leadership to have been anything other than a team that got thumped in the wildcard game. Ericksons squads literally never beat anyone good. Look it up.

XOXO
    Deshone Myles ACL
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:38 pm
  • I'm sure I have an unrealistic view of things. Distance makes the heart grow fonder thing, I guess.

Back on topic. I remember being fairly pissed the Dawgs didn't give old Husky Stadium a proper send off by beating Oregon. They got blown out, it was sad. My heart's telling me I'll be in front of my TV until 4 Saturday. But my mind's telling me I'll be taking the little one to the pumpkin patch at about 2 or so.

XOXO

Jeff Chadwick's Ankle
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:02 pm
  • I remember being fairly pissed they didn't give Husky Stadium a proper sendoff by wearing the standard purple jerseys, gold helmet, gold pants combo, instead they pulled that "blackout" thing. They are doing it again on Saturday, for a day game. It's a day game, how the hell can there be a blackout?

I think the Huskies will be in it at halftime, maybe even by the end of the third quarter. Its all about how resilient they are, last year they kind of gave up and let things snowball. I also think they are in better physical shape than they have been in at least a decade, that should help. It's a tall task regardless though.

XOXO

Stan Gelbaugh's shoulder
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:36 pm
  • I just want to win. I don't have any hope to, but i'm sick and tired of losing to Oregon.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:31 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:I thought Breast Cancer month was just for the NFL.

Softy found a lump, so the Mutts are rallying around him.

BTW: It's a large "rally." Remember "Hands Across America"?
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:22 pm
  • ClumsyLurk wrote:I just want to win. I don't have any hope to, but i'm sick and tired of losing to Oregon.

Agreed. All of us are sick and tired of seeing Oregon win these games. I will say that I am very glad the game is in Seattle!
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:27 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:I remember being fairly pissed they didn't give Husky Stadium a proper sendoff by wearing the standard purple jerseys, gold helmet, gold pants combo, instead they pulled that "blackout" thing. They are doing it again on Saturday, for a day game. It's a day game, how the hell can there be a blackout?

I think the Huskies will be in it at halftime, maybe even by the end of the third quarter. Its all about how resilient they are, last year they kind of gave up and let things snowball. I also think they are in better physical shape than they have been in at least a decade, that should help. It's a tall task regardless though.

XOXO

Stan Gelbaugh's shoulder

I'm more pissed they didn't plan it a bit better and schedule us a win.
    My delirious aunt sent a me a T-shirt from the final game "Washington Vs. Oregon- Final game at Husky stadium"...or some similar horsesh*t. I threw the thing directly into the trash. Didn't even want to use it as a rag in the garage. My wife wanted me to include it with items we take to Goodwill, not a chance.

There was a time I had over 200 UW shirts from various games, events etc. Obviously, the majority of them very personal and dear to me. But they got discolored and musty and the wife begged me to free up the space. We took them to Goodwill and the next thing you know, I'm seeing feral hippies walking all over the place wearing these priceless treasures. Lesson learned.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:57 pm
  • Quack > Arf
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:49 pm
  • The University of Northern Oregon Huskies

cesame
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:28 pm
  • The bling helmets and black unis are obviously necessary to attract the kids.

Kids are typically stupid. The majority will pass on a proper education, at one of the nation's best universities, to play for a child exploiting shoe salesman. It's only a matter of time before UO is offering donkey shows and N2O tanks in their locker room.

It's difficult to compete with UO, which obviously makes it difficult to compete against UO.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:The bling helmets and black unis are obviously necessary to attract the kids.

Kids are typically stupid. The majority will pass on a proper education, at one of the nation's best universities, to play for a child exploiting shoe salesman. It's only a matter of time before UO is offering donkey shows and N2O tanks in their locker room.

It's difficult to compete with UO, which obviously makes it difficult to compete against UO.

Plus there's the fact that current recruits havnt seen UW finish within 17 points of the Ducks since they were in 2nd or 3rd grade.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:44 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:The bling helmets and black unis are obviously necessary to attract the kids.

Plus there's the fact that current recruits havnt seen UW finish within 17 points of the Ducks since they were in 2nd or 3rd grade.

Well yeah. There's that, too.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:47 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Quack > Arf

WOOF! > Arf? > quack
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:58 pm
  • Walter Thurmond 3 knows whats up:

@WaltThurm3
    Dawg fans I am sorry, but we are not Stanford. It won't be close in my opinion.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:40 pm
  • Walt better worry about staying on field and getting burned up by no bodies.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:43 pm
  • cesame wrote:The University of Northern Oregon Huskies

So... What about the other schools that have combat alternates?

JUST EVERYONES COPYING THE DUCKS!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:50 pm
  • But their name is safe. Can't imagine any school, new, old or even racially insensitive, adopting the name 'Ducks'. WTF? ...DUCK?

OK, I'm reaching. It's rivalry week. BUT because of a few, I am also changing my prediction; UW 37- UO 33.

It's sad that a few bad DUCKS ruin it for the rest. May the gawds of Dawg have mercy on your fowl souls. THIRTY SEVEN - THIRTY THREE MOFOS. DAWGS!
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:31 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:Walter Thurmond 3 knows whats up:

@WaltThurm3
    Dawg fans I am sorry, but we are not Stanford. It won't be close in my opinion.

I bet he broke his little twig thumbs hammering that one out. :D
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:31 am
  • Oregon's inferiority complex vs. Washington is hilarious. Oregon's football history is little more than a skidmark on a pair of Nike compression shorts.
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:57 am
  • I'm a Husky fan but damn...this crap sounds like a Ninners/Seahawks argument.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:58 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:I'm a Husky fan but damn...this crap sounds like a Ninners/Seahawks argument.

Weird, this entire time I thought you where a OS fan. There is a guy who use to post on another board with the same name, and he's a diehard beav and seahawk fan.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:03 am
  • CPHawk wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:I'm a Husky fan but damn...this crap sounds like a Ninners/Seahawks argument.

Weird, this entire time I thought you where a OS fan. There is a guy who use to post on another board with the same name, and he's a diehard beav and seahawk fan.

Nope...sure isn't me. Although I did root for OSU basketball sometimes probably for the same reasons as that guy. GP
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:28 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:Oregon's inferiority complex vs. Washington is hilarious. Oregon's football history is little more than a skidmark on a pair of Nike compression shorts.

Just an FYI, if you mention any football history prior to 2003 it makes you a 49er fan according to duck and coug fans.

10 years is a round number, it definitely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that both "rivalries" were dominated by UW before 2003.

It's pretty sad that coug fans are proud of a 5-5 record against UW in the past 10 years and list it as an accomplishment. UW fans on the other hand are embarrassed by it.

And a coug fan calling UW fans fair weather is quite the pot/kettle statement. That shitty little stadium in Pullman only looks more than half full when UW comes to town and it's only because many of those are UW fans.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:32 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:Oregon's inferiority complex vs. Washington is hilarious. Oregon's football history is little more than a skidmark on a pair of Nike compression shorts.

You're right, how dare any team think they are better this year based on recent history. We all know that nothing relevant happens in the last 10 years. I'm guessing the Seahawks should also bow down to any team that has ever won a Super Bowl.
    JGreen79
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:26 am
  • All I heard was:

JGreen79 wrote:bow down.

Go Huskies!
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:45 am

This is my favorite standard Dawg reply. Even more then going straight to the history card. I've never quite understood what i'm supposed to feel inferior about. Even if the Dawgs win today. Even if the Dawgs win a championship this season. I won't feel inferior. We will have just lost a football game. No big deal.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:09 pm
  • And Washington's right back to making stupid, costly penalties.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:12 pm
  • Dropped touchdown. Boo.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Wow, that was a big time drop for Oregon, and a nice 4th down stop for the Dawgs!
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

• HUGE 4th down stop there by Washington. Any Oregon drive that doesn't end in a TD is a win.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 pm
  • What is the deal with Oregon's kicker? No good?
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:14 pm
  • CallMeADawg wrote:What is the deal with Oregon's kicker? No good?

We have a freshman who's supposed to be pretty good. But we don't attempt field goals. Just not part of the game plan.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:23 pm
  • what the farkin fark was #13 doing just running along with that guy but didn't do a damn thing trying to tackle him?
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:24 pm
  • Ground caused the fumble. Ducks ball.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:25 pm
  • Just a REALLY bad defensive play there.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:28 pm
  • Not a TD.
    CallMeADawg
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:29 pm
  • Msfann wrote:what the farkin fark was #13 doing just running along with that guy but didn't do a damn thing trying to tackle him?

Keeping contain to prevent a td
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information